Favorite non-park thing to do

Disnee4Me

It was just ok, one of those things you do only once. None of us had ever been in a hot air balloon before and of course you don't actually go anywhere, just up and then down, but it was neat to see a bird's eye view of Downtown Disney.
Couldn't you see the other parks from up there?

Jess G

While you can fit 2 adults into one boat, they are pretty under-powered. I'm a hefty guy, and I have to lean forward to get the boat to plane out, which really makes it skip across the water. Depending on your (and your significant other's) size, you might want to go ahead and get 2 boats.

thats what I was thinking. thanks for the info :)

DfromATX

Couldn't you see the other parks from up there?

I went to the Disney website to see if I could find more info to answer your question better and I didn't see anything at all about the hot air balloon. Maybe they did away with it?? I've seen other people talking about it on here though so I'm not sure. It's been a few years since we did it. I want to say it was 2013 or maybe it was as long ago as 2010...

Update: apparently it's still there. found it here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-springs/characters-in-flight/

Last edited:

TXDisney

Going and checking out the hotels can be nice. Grab a drink and food while there is always nice too. A lot of people just eat in the park and at their resort when staying on property. It's nice to see other places.

danyoung56

The balloon was still there as of two weeks ago. And while I've never been on it, I can't imagine that you couldn't see all of the Disney parks.

Plutos Pal

Always been a big fan of the Monorail. On the last couple of trips, I really enjoyed the boat ride from Port Orleans to Disney Springs. On our most recent trip, my DW and I started resort hoping to check out different resorts for future trips.

danyoung56

Grab a drink from Mizner's Lounge and sit in the lobby of the Grand Floridian and listen to the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra.

Tammy is one of my favorite bartenders. I've spent many an enjoyable evening at the bar, watching her work and listening to some excellent musicians!

I love visiting Boardwalk, Yacht club, and Beach club. I just love the feel and look of the area. I usually stop for a slice of pizza and ice cream at Boardwalk and just take it all in. It is so expensive to stay at those 3 resorts, I don't get to stay there often.

KikoKea

Leisurely resort hopping is our favorite non-park activity. We like to look at how the resorts are decorated and the special touches they use to really bring the resort to life, such as the indoor fire pit at AKL or the beautiful fireplace in the WL. We enjoy sitting in the Grand Floridian lobby listening to the live band before having dinner. Last visit, we took the boat to Port Orleans and had lunch- a lovely area! And, on our first evening there, we always take the monorail resort loop and ride the monorail out to Epcot at dusk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom