How much (estimate) does a Fort Wilderness cabin cost from ground up?

R W B

Original Poster
I figure we have some architects and/or developers here on the forum and I was just wondering what would something like a FW cabin cost to build? It's only about 500sqft so I wouldn't think much. Maybe $25-40k? Thanks?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The devil will be in the details.

For most residential construction you can figure $100-$150/ square foot.

How you build it can slightly lower that number or make it shoot to the stratosphere.

Do you want inexpensive off the shelf cabinets or custom ones? Do you want actual log construction or a faux log finish? Do you want average appliances or top of the line? etc,etc.

Even the cabinet hardware you choose can drive up the overall price by a grand or more.

Schneewittchen

A lot of the Fort Wilderness cabins look like "park models" to me. The ones I've noticed don't seem stick built. They seem like modular units that would come in on a trailer and would just need a prepared lot, the utilities hooked up and a deck added on. So, you're right, probably about 40K.

slappy magoo

The devil will be in the details.

For most residential construction you can figure $100-$150/ square foot.

How you build it can slightly lower that number or make it shoot to the stratosphere.

Do you want inexpensive off the shelf cabinets or custom ones? Do you want actual log construction or a faux log finish? Do you want average appliances or top of the line? etc,etc.

Even the cabinet hardware you choose can drive up the overall price by a grand or more.
And of course what it would cost you (a general "you") to build such a house would probably be far more than what it cost Disney to build the FW cabins, even adjusted for inflation. Volume Volume Volume!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom