Just curious when people like to get to the parks

aprilc

In the past when we have gone to Disney I always tried to schedule a very early Character breakfast in the park and be there before it opens. This time, I have breakfasts scheduled each morning at 810 (after park opening) and feel like I have 12 hours easy if we get started at 10 and stay until 10 so why rush to be in the parks early? I want to experience different breakfasts than I have in the past and 810 was the only times I could get. We are going to 1900 Park ( I had Crystal Palace but cancelled it b/c we have done it many times) and Ohana I know its easier to get on the rides in the early hours but I am hoping to get good FP times. What are your thoughts?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Me and the hubby are never in parks early even though when we go sometimes the parks are not open as late as in the summer etc. We do maybe 2-3 breakfasts over the whole trip and even those are not early they are 10:30-11:00am late breakfasts. We have some tours and such where we had to be up super early but do not do that often. I'm not an early riser so I like to get my sleep. But we are usually at the parks until closing or eating a really late dinner and then back to the parks for EMH etc. So most nights by the time we get back , bathe, wine down it is super late when we finally get to bed. We are usually in the parks still 8-12 hours each day even if we start at 12-2 pm etc. If one park we go to closes at 6pm like AK we usually will go to another after that until they close.
Our trips have always been 9-14 days once a year or every other year. So being we don't get up early much actually we never do it all eventhough our trips are longer. 8-12 hours every day is plenty in the parks for us. My feet and legs are done after 2 weeks!!! Haha!
We always get to do all the rides and shows we usually want though from doing our FP's and we always get to go to all our favorite restaurants so we are fine with getting to the parks later. You still can do a lot of like us you stay later in the evening as its dying down as well. :)

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

We are always there at rope drop, give or take a few minutes. Those 3 or so hours when waits aren't long are the most fun, we can always catch the attractions that are most important to ensuring that we have a happy family - POTC, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, IASW......

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Breakfasts are a very important meal time - and one that we never skip. We've done the pre park opening Crystal Palace (many times) and we've also done a late breakfast which just about does away with the need for Lunch.
Essentially our breakfast meal times are booked to fit in with our schedules for the rest of the day ahead

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

It sounds like you are able to get to the parks fairly often so I think having new breakfast experiences will balance out any time lost in the parks. Also, there are often cancellations when you get closer to the dates so keep looking and you might be able to get an earlier reservation. If that doesn't work, you could show up early and they might be able to fit you in a little earlier. They won't promise anything but it sometimes works.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We are always there at rope drop, give or take a few minutes. Those 3 or so hours when waits aren't long are the most fun, we can always catch the attractions that are most important to ensuring that we have a happy family - POTC, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, IASW......

Ditto this -- we wouldn't trade that first couple of hours after rope drop for anything, because we get so much done in that time that we can relax and go slow the rest of the day. Plus, we're not big breakfast eaters.

That being said, if the OP wants to have breakfast instead, knowing that there will be longer lines at attractions as a result, that's fine, too. (The OP should be aware that the park where that breakfast will hurt the most is MK, because it has 2 or 3 times as many headliners as the other parks. 3 FP+ may put a sizeable dent in the headliners at the other 3 parks, but it barely begins to scratch the surface at MK. If you miss rope drop there, you're going to spend a lot of time in line, regardless.)

Upvote 0

patch553

rope drop for us too,we find you can get so many of the big rides done in a short time. usually we do this then head back to the resort for a swim,freshen up,go for a late lunch early dinner and head back to the parks for the night time ambience

Upvote 0

bee

On a trip of 4 nights or longer, my wife and I will probably do one or two early morning (either EMH or just rope drop) and that's it, though we do like to stay late at Epcot most nights. We've tried the commando rope drop every morning thing and it just doesn't work for us. We like to sleep in and rest on vacation and the extra park/ride time isn't worth the exhaustion at the end of the trip for us. We also have our few favorite rides and attractions we like to hit on each trip and don't feel the need to do every single ride on every trip. We also used to live in Florida and go ~10 times a year and we have family there still so we are always relatively certain we'll be back.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

As soon as possible - EMH/rope drop. Of course, with a child now, those days are likely over except in the case of early character breakfasts. It's the best way to power through the park and hit things that will get packed later.

Most people tend to wander in around 10-11am though.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I really think it depends what you're trying to get out of the trip. For instance, I prefer to get to the park early and ride as many rides as I can in the morning and early afternoon. This allows us to relax the last 1/2 of the day. Do a nice dinner and all and not have to worry about time. That being said when we go with a group it's hard to get everyone up early and ready to go. We stay at a timeshare sometimes and we can have up to 10 of us in it. 2 rental vehicles. So while I might be ready to go at 8:30 we normally wouldn't arrive to the park until 10-10:30, which I'm not a fan of, but it's just the way it goes. That's why staying on property is easier, bc if you're ready you can just go and tell others to meet up when they arrive.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Rope drop, always. I very rarely make breakfast reservations because I think table service breakfast is the most overpriced product at WDW. We're usually up at 7:00. If we're in a villa or cabin, we make our own breakfast. Otherwise we get something from the resort quick service location or wherever we get coffee.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom