Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

I'd love for them to update Star Tours for the opening of SWL. Make it look like we're actually departing from the new planet that we're supposed to be on. They could still go to random planets each time but focus on a new story that is cohesive overall and not jumping all around the timeline.
Replace Vader with Kylo Ren, make you leave and return to the same planet, update Storm Troopers, no more Boba Fett, etc.

Should be very doable.

WildcatDen

That's kind of weird with the Muppets being landlocked between star tours and the rest of the possible swl
The latest I have heard, and like Marni said, this seems to change with the wind, that the Muppets may not be as safe as was once thought. If that comes true, I will be sad to see them leave that area but happy with what will be going in its place :) I do want to add, that if this does come to fruition, then the rumor is the Muppets may resurrect in another area of the park. . . I think this one requires a shaker full of salt.

YodaMan

The latest I have heard, and like Marni said, this seems to change with the wind, that the Muppets may not be as safe as was once thought. If that comes true, I will be sad to see them leave that area but happy with what will be going in its place :) I do want to add, that if this does come to fruition, then the rumor is the Muppets may resurrect in another area of the park. . . I think this one requires a shaker full of salt.

Not that this couldn't be true, but if Pizza Planet does become Muppets-themed just for them to demo MuppetVision in a year or so would sure be considered a major design flaw.

doctornick

Not that this couldn't be true, but if Pizza Planet does become Muppets-themed just for them to demo MuppetVision in a year or so would sure be considered a major design flaw.

I would like to think that by now, they've made decisions on what is going into the park. I don't understand how it can take so long and be so variable as to come up with plans.

dstrawn9889

I would like to think that by now, they've made decisions on what is going into the park. I don't understand how it can take so long and be so variable as to come up with plans.
100/1 that there are blueprints elevations and layouts already completed. likely there is a penalty of death on those that leak them... there is no way they are going to start on all this work without them. roller coaster track has to fabricated, equipment has to be ordered, trades have to have them to bid...

jt04

If I had to guess I'd say kermit got a temporary stay. But eventually he will surrender to the dark side of the force. They need ride capacity.

WildcatDen

I did not think the Pizza Planet to a Muppets theme was confirmed, just speculated. If, and this is still a BIG IF, Muppet Vision goes bye-bye for Star Wars, I would expect Pizza Planet would follow suit. . .

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree. Perhaps plans were changed a bit after the huge success of The Force Awakens. I Knew it would do well but not 2 billion plus at the box office and Disney realizes that they need a bigger land?? Frustrating :)

djkidkaz

I don't think Disney would necessarily think they need a bigger Star Wars Land but actually more capacity at Hollywood Studios after seeing the impact of TFA. The amount of people who will show up to Hollywood Studios to see Star Wars is going to overwhelm that park. In my opinion whatever is going into the LMA / SOA area needs to be added before SWL opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom