The Good Dinosaur- Reviews

prberk

It'll be interesting to see if the movie gets a boost in business over the holidays, or will Star Wars and Chipmunks stop that from happening.

I think the countdown to extinction has started, unfortunately. The Good Dinosaur and his rebel friends will soon experience the power of this fully-functional battle-station.

I actually think that the sheer number of screens dedicated to Star Wars in the coming weeks will do that, pushing a lot of movies, in this survival of the fittest, to the brink of extinction... including this dinosaur movie.

Last edited:

jensenrick

I wasn't expecting much, and was still disappointed. Such a letdown, especially after Inside Out- which was fantastic.
Wow, the production problems, rewrites and recastings - I wonder how many times the story was washed off the board and rewritten before it turned into this bland nothing, because it had literally nothing to do with dinosaurs, or it's supposed "concept" of a world where the meteor missed.
Literally the story is "Boy feels left out, gets lost from family, finds a dog, dog helps him find his family again." All the depth of a PawPatrol cartoon.
It's a shame that they went with dinosaurs on a movie that had nothing to do with dinosaurs, because well- now they've blown their shot at dinosaurs.

Miss Heinous

Just saw this movie tonight with family, and everyone was shocked by just how gritty and dark it was. It felt like a Don Bluth film except with very little charm. It just creeped me out and the kids with us didn't care for it much at all.

Disney Analyst

Finally saw it. It was cute... nothing special or amazing. Great visuals, but that is expected.. Story lacked completely. After the incredible work the Inside Out was... this felt like it came from a completely different company. Oh well, still pretty to look at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom