which cruise?!

sydney

Original Poster
My old CP roommate and I are planning a Disney Cruise for sometime next year. Neither of us have ever cruised before and we are completely confused as to which Disney Cruise we should take. They all look so amazing it is overwhelming trying to pick one. Any suggestions? Which cruise is your favorite?

ChuckElias

You really need to give us a little more to go on before we can give you advice about what might work best for you. Can you sail for more than 4 days? More than 7 days? Do you have to sail from Port Canaveral? Do you need warm beaches? Would you be willing to fly to Europe? Is your heart set on Castaway Cay?

My favorite cruise was the 11-night Med cruise I took in '07. I also loved Alaska in '11. I loved the Southern Caribbean itinerary that included Tortola.

Got any parameters that would help us to help you?

EOD K9

My old CP roommate and I are planning a Disney Cruise for sometime next year. Neither of us have ever cruised before and we are completely confused as to which Disney Cruise we should take. They all look so amazing it is overwhelming trying to pick one. Any suggestions? Which cruise is your favorite?
I went on my first ever cruise in 2013. Not knowing anything about cruises, and being slightly apprehensive about what to expect, we went with a 4 night cruise on the Dream out of Port Canaveral. It was a great experience that was our gateway to cruising. You know what to expect with Disney though. I may not remember CMs from the parks, but I can tell you each of my servers on all of my cruises. That is the kind of impression they leave with you. A three night cruise is better if you don't want to spend a day at sea. Sad part is, if you had a great time, it was way too short. So a three or four night cruise for starters may be your best bet. This is keeping in mind I have no idea what you are looking for.

sydney

Original Poster
I didn't even realize how much information I left out! Apologies.

We were looking at a 7 day(possibly) cruise out of Port Canaveral because I will be coming in from Houston and she from New Jersey so we wanted to meet there and possibly spend a few days on property as well. We don't care where we sail to, we just really want to experience a Disney Cruise and we are completely clueless.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Budget and time of year would help, as well. DCL's pricing is all over the place when it comes that.

ChuckElias

If you're set on Port Canaveral so that you can spend some time at WDW, then you're probably looking to book on the Fantasy. Although the Magic also has some 7-night sailings before it heads back to Europe for the summer. (The Magic's Southern itinerary includes Tortola; the Western itinerary includes Key West.)

The Fantasy has more "bells and whistles" technologically, but the Magic is classic. You can't go wrong with either one. I was just on the Magic for 11 nights this past summer and it was in great condition. If you choose the Fantasy instead, you'll love it as well.

If you really don't care where you go, then my suggestion would simply be to agree on a range of dates with your friend that work for both of you and pick the sailing that is closest to your budget. And do it sooner, rather than later; because DCL prices only go UP, never down.

The90skid

If you have never cruised before, I would consider the shorter cruises. They can be just as fun, and since they are shorter, you won't be out the time and money if you don't like it. Some people do not enjoy cruises; not trying to scare you, just hoping you make an informed decision! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom