The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Lake Geneva Wisconsin Winterfest. Parking on the ice. Ooops.

: 0

So ya had a bad day.....

bridgeview5.jpg

1190050_630x354.jpg

Going between :jawdrop: and :hilarious: looking at this .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wish I could be happy about that, but, I noticed a trend in my retirement plans. If the price of gas drops by a few cents, my investment values drop by hundreds. In the last three months alone the value has dropped almost 4K. When the price is up there I have easily gained a grand per month. I don't drive as much as I used to so this is costing me greatly. That is totally true for people relying in Social Security. No raise this year, because they said the cost of living has not increased. The problem is that cost of things that the elderly have to deal with... Food, Rent, Medicine and Medical expenses have done nothing but go up. Energy drops have screwed up the average. It's not all that great for many people. Another question, why hasn't the cost of flying dropped by loads? There is no hesitation to raise prices when fuel prices go up?

This whole gas price thing across the country has me befuddled. Yesterday, in my own area, (I'm talking about a 10-mile radius for this particular example) we saw gas prices at a high of $2.09 at one station; others at $1.89, $1.85, $1.87, $1.78 (the lowest), and so on. There's quite a few gas stations around here, and we compared prices on 9 of them. Some of these stations were within just 2 blocks of each other, yet the prices were all over the place.

Somethin' fishy going on here . . .

Goofyernmost

This whole gas price thing across the country has me befuddled. Yesterday, in my own area, (I'm talking about a 10-mile radius for this particular example) we saw gas prices at a high of $2.09 at one station; others at $1.89, $1.85, $1.87, $1.78 (the lowest), and so on. There's quite a few gas stations around here, and we compared prices on 9 of them. Some of these stations were within just 2 blocks of each other, yet the prices were all over the place.

Ethically, I'd rather see it that way then when everyone is at the same price. That becomes price fixing. No competition for us to chose from. When the prices are really low, like now, there is no concern and the difference really doesn't matter all that much. When the get up there and the prices are all the same, what choice to you have. You pay it or you don't go anywhere. When I was young, there were price wars going on all the time. If you weren't stuck on brand loyalty there was a good chance of saving some money.

Goofyernmost

I was going to make nachos but the Tostitos were all eaten during the debate last night. :oops:
I'm going to my daughters for the "big" game. Even though I don't really follow football, I pretty much have to support Carolina or be thrown out of the state. My other son in law, however, is from Colorado, so there is a conflict there to be resolved, on his part, since he lives in N. Carolina now too.

At my daughters we are having ribs and nacho's. They also tell me we are having chips, dips and cheese puffs. (man, those things are addictive) At their house, the Giants are the ONLY team, so there is no major struggle there. The philosophy is that it's a win - win for them. Whoever wins will be fine.

StarWarsGirl

That's the way ours are. We don't go to the gas stations closest to home because they are most expensive. We only go there if we're really low on gas. They're always at least 20 cents more than ones just 10 minutes away. I've got the cheaper gas stations on my radar and double check my gas gauge every time I pass them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom