What happened to Disney's Dragon?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yep I was there and it was a one time thing for the opening of the new Fantasyland. There was no plans to use it again. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Would love to see them use it again because it was really cool to see especially when it blew fire at the opening.
I heard the rumor as well it was built to test some technology for Avatarland. Maybe it will make an appearance again or something similar at Animal Kingdom. :cool:

Last edited:

s8film40

I never saw it in person but I always figured it probably looked better in dark video than if you were there in person. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to see the wing, propeller and pilot.

Polydweller

It was one time because WDW is a designated no fly zone and they have to get special dispensation for flights over it. Yes, even Disney. Reports an several sites and news sites indicate that Disney was turned down in its request to use drones.

s8film40

It was one time because WDW is a designated no fly zone and they have to get special dispensation for flights over it. Yes, even Disney. Reports an several sites and news sites indicate that Disney was turned down in its request to use drones.
Tell that to the tour helicopters.:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's only MK that has the no fly zone. All the rest of the property is open for helicopter tours. If you look you will see that they do not fly over MK.
No quite.

The no fly zone is centred on Bay Lake and encompasses the MK and resort area, Epcot and resort area, and DHS.

Flying above the zone at 3000ft is permitted.

Goofyernmost

No quite.

The no fly zone is centred on Bay Lake and encompasses the MK and resort area, Epcot and resort area, and DHS.

Flying above the zone at 3000ft is permitted.
When I took the "helicopter tour" we were told that and we did fly directly over Epcot, DHS and The Water parks. I don't remember going over AK, but, with the animal that would make sense. We were way less then 3000 feet over them, but, they steered way clear of MK, for the reason that they told us. Now that was in the early 2000's, after 9/11, but at least a couple of years after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom