Ok, So.... what happened at American Adventure 2/3/2016

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
OK, this basically is mostly a bit of confusion, but I assume stuff was wrong with certain AA's on the attraction, I went to it earlier in the day, the Valley Forge scene, Cannon shows up, the two soldiers show up, Washington shows up, all is good. Skip forwards to the scene of the National Park and the large rock the guys are on, that shows up.

Skip forwards two shows later, first the two soldiers dont show up in the valley forge scene, then the two guys on the rock dont show up. For a second the light did not come on for Roy Rogers was it ?

Anyone else notice ?

Goofyernmost

Perhaps something broke?!?! And it's Will Rogers. It never fails to amaze me that it works at all. If you could see the way the scenes are lined up and operate under the stage, it's like a Rubic's cube. Actually it's more like those little plastic puzzles that we used to get as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

Smiddimizer

Perhaps something broke?!?! And it's Will Rogers. It never fails to amaze me that it works at all. If you could see the way the scenes are lined up and operate under the stage, it's like a Rubic's cube. Actually it's more like those little plastic puzzles that we used to get as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

Best part of the backstage magic tour is getting to see all the underground machinery.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't understand what you mean about Roy Rogers "was it" but I dare say the other issues were sensor related. As you know the AA is one huge, complicated show with dozens - if not hundreds - of sensor and safety interlocks all talking to show computers. If any one disagrees at any time certain things won't happen, including certain scenery not moving. I'd be interested to know if the following show ran as scheduled or if it ran empty.

Nemo14

I don't understand what you mean about Roy Rogers "was it" but I dare say the other issues were sensor related. As you know the AA is one huge, complicated show with dozens - if not hundreds - of sensor and safety interlocks all talking to show computers. If any one disagrees at any time certain things won't happen, including certain scenery not moving. I'd be interested to know if the following show ran as scheduled or if it ran empty.
I think she was referring to Will Rogers, But I still don't understand what she's saying...

Schneewittchen

That's racist in light of the current Black History Month at the pavilion!!!
Let us Easterner's explain.

1. The original poster confused Will Rogers with Roy Rogers.
2. Roy Roger's sold his name to Marriott Corp for a fast food franchise.
3. That franchise sells the world's best roast beef sandwiches (Trigger Burgers) and the world's best (Pappy Parker's) fried chicken. Marriott sold it to Hardee's and there were dark days in the 90's.
4. Mr. Black made a joke about Roy Roger's fried chicken causing the animated animatronics to malfunction. haha. Super funny.
5. I suggested that WDW purchase a Roy's franchise for the Golden Oak Outpost. I won't drop that. I swear it used to be a McDonald's french hut. Roy Roger's is growing again and an American institution.
6. And wikipedia says fried chicken is Scottish. Because Scots invented everything.

WDW should put a Roy's in MK.
The End.

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
To answer everyone of my "was it ?" line concerning Will Rogers, I never heard his name clearly during the show, my brother, who is hard of hearing, always heard it said as Roy, hence why my "was it" line. {My mom says its Will Rogers, but my brother says otherwise, hence the was it :)}

But yeah, is it fixed now ? I know on Hall of Presidents/Moments with Mr Lincoln that when Abe stopped working he looked as if he were taking a nap in his chair

GrumpyFan

Good video. Watched it beginning to end. I like the part at the beginning on how the show elements move in and out.

Agreed, I had never seen that before. I've seen a few snapshots from when it was being built, but they were not very good quality and really didn't give a good enough overview to understand how it all worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom