The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Can I have them all? Please.

img_3386-jpg.129525

StarWarsGirl

In your case the possibility of hearing your side of the story before expelling you into the hallway? Sheesh
That was the part that irked my mother the most and that still irks me the most is that the teacher assumed she could see what was going on and just yelled at me in the middle of class. I try not to hold it against her because she was an otherwise good teacher, but she obviously played favorites there

StarWarsGirl

Been talking about Disneyland plans tonight. :happy: So far, this is the plan:

10 days in CA
Buying 5 day DL passes, then probably 2 or 3 day passes, totaling 7 or 8 days in DL.
At least one day just hanging around the resort and DTD
The Orioles are in San Diego and have a 12:40 game there, so we'll probably drive down to San Diego and see the Orioles (and San Diego). Watching the Orioles at another stadium has been on our bucket list. Seeing a National League team should also be interesting. :)

catmom46

I wish I could be happy about that, but, I noticed a trend in my retirement plans. If the price of gas drops by a few cents, my investment values drop by hundreds. In the last three months alone the value has dropped almost 4K. When the price is up there I have easily gained a grand per month. I don't drive as much as I used to so this is costing me greatly. That is totally true for people relying in Social Security. No raise this year, because they said the cost of living has not increased. The problem is that cost of things that the elderly have to deal with... Food, Rent, Medicine and Medical expenses have done nothing but go up. Energy drops have screwed up the average. It's not all that great for many people. Another question, why hasn't the cost of flying dropped by loads? There is no hesitation to raise prices when fuel prices go up?

Well, we're paying a dollar or more per gallon out here so maybe that'll help offset the loss a bit. You're welcome.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

10 days in CA
Buying 5 day DL passes, then probably 2 or 3 day passes, totaling 7 or 8 days in DL.
The Orioles are in San Diego and have a 12:40 game there, so we'll probably drive down to San Diego and see the Orioles (and San Diego). Watching the Orioles at another stadium has been on our bucket list. Seeing a National League team should also be interesting. :)

Just a thought...when we went to Disneyland last year it was cheaper for us to get the Premier Pass as we were doing 9 days at DL and planning on at least 14 days in WDW. We have done more in both parks now because of the premier pass, so maybe it didn't save us money...:greedy:;) You have WDW annual passes right? Maybe it would be cheaper to upgrade. DL has a lot better annual passholder discounts for dining too. Something to look into maybe.

StarWarsGirl

Just a thought...when we went to Disneyland last year it was cheaper for us to get the Premier Pass as we were doing 9 days at DL and planning on at least 14 days in WDW. We have done more in both parks now because of the premier pass, so maybe it didn't save us money...:greedy:;) You have WDW annual passes right? Maybe it would be cheaper to upgrade. DL has a lot better annual passholder discounts for dining too. Something to look into maybe.
We looked into it, but our WDW APs are running about $500 right now with the DVC discount, so it's about $1000 per person for DL. 5 day hoppers plus 2 or 3 day tickets (no hopper) are cheaper. The discounts are good, but if we did that, we'd probably just get one for the discounts. But even that might not be worth it; we already get the DVC 10% discount.

StarWarsGirl

10 days in CA
I forgot, split stay between Paradise Pier and Grand Californian Villas.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It might be something to look into. We don't have a gifted program though, although we have plenty of kids that could use it.

I can't throw any bouquets at our Gifted Program either other than we have one in theory.

I took my DD to Northwestern University in Chicago along with some other parents/students. We had to pay for it but their base line for their IQ were established. At least everyone knew what they were dealing with if nothing else.

catmom46

Yup, Paradise Pier and then Grand Californian. Although I want to see that rooftop pool. My brother doesn't believe me about the rooftop pool. Of course, seeing as how I told him that about Aulani and it wasn't true, I guess he has a right...:hilarious:

The pool is nice - not huge, but the slide should be fun. DD didn't get to go on it because she wouldn't go by herself, so I didn't go on it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom