Help! What's the best way to time manage my trip?

Disneychick98

Hey everyone, so I will be going to Disney next month from March 8 to March 12, and I need all of the experts' help on how to best plan out this trip and get the most out of everything. Things are a little bit complex, since I am a senior and this will be my senior class trip, though most of the trip is free for us to plan ourselves so I was looking for advice since our schedule is a little bit complicated.

So here's the deal. On Teusday the 8th, we will be arriving in Disney, and will be able to be in the parks probably around 12 noon. On Wednesday, we have a class dinner in Downtown Disney that we have to go to in the evening. On Thursday we will be going to universal for the day and there will be a class lunch in universal in the middle of the day, and we are only able to go to universal that day. Friday is free for us to plan. On Saturday the 12th, we are able to go to the parks until 5 pm, and our class will probably be meeting up in Animal Kingdom at 5. We have access to Extra Magic Hours and park hopping is included. And curfew is at 11 pm each night, so we must be back at the hotel by 11.

My friends and I want to make the most of our trip and go to all of the parks, and get as much done as we possibly can... But I'm a little torn on what's best to do since my schools scheduling of events is kind of annoying. Some guidance would be extremely helpful! Thank you in advance for any help and tips given!

Disneychick98

Original Poster
Also I just wanted to clarify, by fitting in the parks we mean the four main parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. That's all we are focusing on and what I would like your guys opinions on since we don't have too much time due to other things we HAVE to do on our trip.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm totally spitballing here, but this is how I'd do it (you'll notice you're spending more time in the MK than any other park -- that's because it has more than twice the number of attractions as any of the others), preferably arriving at each park in the morning, pre-rope drop:

Tuesday - Spend this partial day in the MK, with FP+ for 3 headliners. (You can cover 2-3 of the 6 lands in a half-day if you plan it well.)
Wednesday - Spend the day touring Hollywood Studios and taking a nice, long nap/swim break in the afternoon back at your resort. Enjoy your dinner at Disney Springs.
Friday - Head out to Epcot and spend the morning in Future World and afternoon in World Showcase. After dinner, take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, hit a few more attractions, and stay late for the fireworks.
Saturday - Begin the day in the Magic Kingdom, at rope drop, if possible (with FP+ made for AK later in the day - Safari, Expedition Everest, and/or Dinosaur) and finish whatever you haven't done there. Head over to AK before or after lunch (you'll have to jockey to a resort and then to AK as there isn't direct transportation as far as I know), and tour the park until it's time to meet up with the rest of the group at 5pm.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm totally spitballing here, but this is how I'd do it (you'll notice you're spending more time in the MK than any other park -- that's because it has more than twice the number of attractions as any of the others), preferably arriving at each park in the morning, pre-rope drop:

Tuesday - Spend this partial day in the MK, with FP+ for 3 headliners. (You can cover 2-3 of the 6 lands in a half-day if you plan it well.)
Wednesday - Spend the day touring Hollywood Studios and taking a nice, long nap/swim break in the afternoon back at your resort. Enjoy your dinner at Disney Springs.
Friday - Head out to Epcot and spend the morning in Future World and afternoon in World Showcase. After dinner, take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, hit a few more attractions, and stay late for the fireworks.
Saturday - Begin the day in the Magic Kingdom, at rope drop, if possible (with FP+ made for AK later in the day - Safari, Expedition Everest, and/or Dinosaur) and finish whatever you haven't done there. Head over to AK before or after lunch (you'll have to jockey to a resort and then to AK as there isn't direct transportation as far as I know), and tour the park until it's time to meet up with the rest of the group at 5pm.
I'd flip Tuesday and Wednesday to get Fantasmic in, but looks good.

Upvote 0

Disneychick98

Original Poster
Okay thank you so much! I will definitely take these all into consideration. Also, another question. If we had to choose between the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom and the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom, what do you suggest? Experience wise mostly, but also food wise... What do you recommend more?

Upvote 0

mishel635

I would definitely do Be Our Guest. It is something that you can only do in one place and there are Rain Forest café's all over. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Okay thank you so much! I will definitely take these all into consideration. Also, another question. If we had to choose between the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom and the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom, what do you suggest? Experience wise mostly, but also food wise... What do you recommend more?

Be Our Guest is, in my opinion, the more unique of the two (and offers better-quality food to boot), but it really comes down to whether you want to feel like you're in the Beast's Castle, or a rainforest.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom