Trip planning help?

Duchesse

Original Poster
Can someone just "talk" this thru with me?

Family of 4 adults (myself, husband, two daughters, 18 and 20)
Royal Pacific Resort 3/21-3/26
No Car (i.e., we don't plan on leaving the complex)
6th trip to Universal, last visit in 2013

This is my first trip ever to Orlando without doing WDW. Normally we do both theme parks, and rush a bit through Universal. I know with four full days at Universal, we will have plenty of time to see both parks, as well as have some much-needed down time at the pool. In the past, I have always purchased the park-to-park tix, because I felt that made the best use of our time. This year, with no weekends in our stay, no special shows scheduled during our visit, and basically no fluctuations in the high crowd levels, I was planning to be more economical. Option #1 - I can buy a 4-day single park ticket for $164 ea ($656 total). Or, Option #2 - I can buy a 3-day park-to-park for $199 ea ($797 total).

Besides being cheaper, the first option gives us a whole extra day, which would make the entire vacation more leisurely. However, we definitely need to ride the Hogwarts Express, for which a park-to-park ticket is required. If I chose option #1, What would it cost to upgrade our single-day tickets on one of our days?

BubbaQuest

My understanding is the upgrade price at the park is the same as the online price difference -- $45 per ticket. That price doesn't change based on the number of days. It'll always be $45 per ticket for the length of the ticket so you won't save any money by waiting until the last day.

Hope this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom