How hard will it be to secure ADRs?

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
So Feb 22nd is officially my 180 day mark where I can start booking my ADRs. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney and I'll be the one booking the dining for my family on this trip. I've done the research, came up with a rough itinerary of where we want to eat each day based on which park we'll most likely be in. I picked the parks based on the projected crowd calendar on touring plans. We do have hoppers so we do have the option to visit more than one park in a day if need be. Here is our rough itinerary:

Aug 20th: Arrival Day. Check in. Lunch at All Star Movies food court. Animal Kingdom. Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (4 people)
August 21st: Hollywood Studios. Dinner: Mama Melrose's w/Fantasmic Dining Package (4 people)
August 22nd: Epcot. Late lunch: San Angel Inn (4 people)
August 23rd: Magic Kingdom. Breakfast: O'hana (4 people)
August 24th: Epcot: Dinner: Le Cellier (6 people. My sister and her bf will be flying down and joining us for the rest of our trip)
August 25th: Universal Studios Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe on way to Universal (6 people)
August 26th: Islands of Adventure. No ADRs today
August 27th: Waterpark/ Downtown Disney/ Catch up day in parks: Dinner: Big River Grille and Brewing Works (6 people)
August 28th: Magic Kingdom: Dinner: Be Our Guest (6 people)
August 29th: Departure day. No ADRs

The only ADRs I'm really concerned with getting is BOG, Le Cellier, and Mama Melrose's because I heard the Fantasmic package books up quite quickly. To my knowledge I don't think that any of the other places will be a problem. So, I'm trying to develop a strategy. Just to be safe I'm going to try to be up and ready to book my first ADR online at 6am. I intend on booking BOG first, followed by Le Cellier, and then Mama's. If i can book everything at that time it would be great. If not maybe I can have my Dad call later in the day while I'm at work.

Am I being ridiculous to be this stressed out about getting ADRs? Do you think I'll have a hard time? I feel like I hear so many horror stories and me being the type A planner that I am just wants everything to go smoothly.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Your hardest will be BOG and MM, with Le Cellier your third hardest.
Book BOG first that morning first thing at 6am eastern online. The Fantasmic packages most times are not released right at 180 days so if you find nothing that could be why. You could always just book a regular reservation for MM and use a FP+ for Fantasmic if you can't get the package eventually. Then book Le Cellier and the rest.
We got all three for last October (all favorites of ours) except I Did not do to Fantasmic Package I just booked Mama's as a regular reservation and then used FP's for Fantasmic.
Don't worry you will be fine and even if you don't get it at first if that happens most likely something will open up before your trip. :)

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
I am hoping that since I'm booking BOG on our last day it'll be slightly easier to book.I will try to get Mama's before Le Cellier. When do they typically release the Fantasmic packages? Do you think I should just try making a regular reservation and keep checking for a Fantasmic Dining Package to open?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I am hoping that since I'm booking BOG on our last day it'll be slightly easier to book.I will try to get Mama's before Le Cellier. When do they typically release the Fantasmic packages? Do you think I should just try making a regular reservation and keep checking for a Fantasmic Dining Package to open?

Sometimes the Fantasmic Packages are out right at 180, but lately it's not uncommon for them to be released a few weeks To a month or so later. Try for it and if you can't get it that morning just book a regular MM reservation. You can always cancel that later if your able to get a Fantasmic package.
And yes being you want BOG at the end of your trip it should be a little easier. If you have any problems booking anything online at 6am eastern then call at 7am eastern when the phone lines open up. :)

ekutchey

I agree with all things said above. Also you are going during the less busy season. Late August tends to be way less crowded because schools have started down there especially during the week. We always go around August 15th each year and eat at each of your popular restaurants, I have never had a problem getting an ADR on my first day to make them. I have even gotten many up until the day before. So I think you will be fine and presently pleased with your dates of travel!

JourneysEnd

I had no problem getting the date and time I wanted for BOG dinner (June) at day 175. Think you'll be fine if you book at 180. Things have been easier since the 3rd party booking sites were shut down. I think CRT is currently the hardest ADR.

Jae99

The one suggestion that I would make is to not bother booking a breakfast for the morning that you are planning on visiting Universal Studios. We just returned and got to the parks early everyday and were able to get multiple rides in before the park got crowded. Maybe eat at the food court at ASMovies, or you could eat breakfast in Diagon Alley.

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
The one suggestion that I would make is to not bother booking a breakfast for the morning that you are planning on visiting Universal Studios. We just returned and got to the parks early everyday and were able to get multiple rides in before the park got crowded. Maybe eat at the food court at ASMovies, or you could eat breakfast in Diagon Alley.

Thanks... Unfortunately, we want to get our table service credit in for the day, so I'm going to try to get an early breakfast booking. We'd usually stop to eat at an IHOP or Denny's on Universal Days anyway. We'll see how it goes.

mouse_luv

Why mostly TS? Also, I would forego eating at Big River Grill because yuck, there are way better choices around WDW than there.

jenos0524

So Feb 22nd is officially my 180 day mark where I can start booking my ADRs. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney and I'll be the one booking the dining for my family on this trip. I've done the research, came up with a rough itinerary of where we want to eat each day based on which park we'll most likely be in. I picked the parks based on the projected crowd calendar on touring plans. We do have hoppers so we do have the option to visit more than one park in a day if need be. Here is our rough itinerary:

Aug 20th: Arrival Day. Check in. Lunch at All Star Movies food court. Animal Kingdom. Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (4 people)
August 21st: Hollywood Studios. Dinner: Mama Melrose's w/Fantasmic Dining Package (4 people)
August 22nd: Epcot. Late lunch: San Angel Inn (4 people)
August 23rd: Magic Kingdom. Breakfast: O'hana (4 people)
August 24th: Epcot: Dinner: Le Cellier (6 people. My sister and her bf will be flying down and joining us for the rest of our trip)
August 25th: Universal Studios Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe on way to Universal (6 people)
August 26th: Islands of Adventure. No ADRs today
August 27th: Waterpark/ Downtown Disney/ Catch up day in parks: Dinner: Big River Grille and Brewing Works (6 people)
August 28th: Magic Kingdom: Dinner: Be Our Guest (6 people)
August 29th: Departure day. No ADRs

The only ADRs I'm really concerned with getting is BOG, Le Cellier, and Mama Melrose's because I heard the Fantasmic package books up quite quickly. To my knowledge I don't think that any of the other places will be a problem. So, I'm trying to develop a strategy. Just to be safe I'm going to try to be up and ready to book my first ADR online at 6am. I intend on booking BOG first, followed by Le Cellier, and then Mama's. If i can book everything at that time it would be great. If not maybe I can have my Dad call later in the day while I'm at work.

Am I being ridiculous to be this stressed out about getting ADRs? Do you think I'll have a hard time? I feel like I hear so many horror stories and me being the type A planner that I am just wants everything to go smoothly.

I am going August 16-25th, so when I make my ADRs on 2/18 I will try to remember to let you know if I was able to get everything. I am looking into BOG, and a lot of character meals (My daughters first disney trip) Also once I make all mine if you want I can give you an update if there are openings for your dates since I will be able to book earlier than you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope this is good news for those going in August. I have to book my ADRs one day at a time and got BOG and MM Fantasmic at 180 at 6am for the times I wanted.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks... Unfortunately, we want to get our table service credit in for the day, so I'm going to try to get an early breakfast booking. We'd usually stop to eat at an IHOP or Denny's on Universal Days anyway. We'll see how it goes.
Are you on the dining plan? With your restaurants and itinerary, you'd be MUCH better off paying cash. Breakfasts and signature restaurants (Le Cellier) are pretty much impossible to get your dollars-per-credit worth, and the rest of your options will be a stretch too. Based on very quick math in my head, you'll save hundreds of dollars by paying cash.

glvsav37

Today was my 180 and had no issues booking both BOG breakfast (8:10 am) and BOG dinner (6:30pm). Granted I was online and ready to rock at 6AM this AM, but thats just part of the game.

you should be fine.

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
I am going August 16-25th, so when I make my ADRs on 2/18 I will try to remember to let you know if I was able to get everything. I am looking into BOG, and a lot of character meals (My daughters first disney trip) Also once I make all mine if you want I can give you an update if there are openings for your dates since I will be able to book earlier than you.

I would really appreciate that! Thanks a lot!

Why mostly TS? Also, I would forego eating at Big River Grill because yuck, there are way better choices around WDW than there.

I'm doing mostly TS because we are doing the dining plan. Is the Big River Grill not good? I hadn't heard any opinions on it prior and it seemed like a place my family would like. Do you have any other suggestions for a place either on the Boardwalk or in Downtown Disney?

A few people have mentioned that they don't think the DDP is worth it. I've spoken to my Dad who insists I'm wrong. He really wants to do it, so who am I to argue? I'm just happy to be going period!

mouse_luv

I would really appreciate that! Thanks a lot!

I'm doing mostly TS because we are doing the dining plan. Is the Big River Grill not good? I hadn't heard any opinions on it prior and it seemed like a place my family would like. Do you have any other suggestions for a place either on the Boardwalk or in Downtown Disney?

A few people have mentioned that they don't think the DDP is worth it. I've spoken to my Dad who insists I'm wrong. He really wants to do it, so who am I to argue? I'm just happy to be going period!

Yuck=Not good.

What does your party consist of age wise? That would make it easier to suggest places to dine. Also, what DDP are you on? Because that seems like a lot of TS for the DDP's.

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
Yuck=Not good.

What does your party consist of age wise? That would make it easier to suggest places to dine. Also, what DDP are you on? Because that seems like a lot of TS for the DDP's.

We are all adults ages 24-67. We have a few eaters who are not very adventurous in their tastes. We are doing the standard dining plan (1 table service, 1 quick service, and 1 snack per person per day).

mouse_luv

We are all adults ages 24-67. We have a few eaters who are not very adventurous in their tastes. We are doing the standard dining plan (1 table service, 1 quick service, and 1 snack per person per day).

There are plenty of places in Disney Springs and in the Boardwalk area that you could all eat that night instead of Big River Grille.
For instance at the Boardwalk area:

At the Yacht Club resort is the Yachtsman, a very nice steakhouse (it's a signature dining establishment though).
Also at the YC is the Captains Grille
Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk
Shula's at the Dolphin (they don't take DDP but then again neither does Big River Grille.)
bluezoo at the Dolphin(also don't take DDP)

at Disney Springs:
Raglan Road
The Boathouse
Morimoto
T-Rex

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
There are plenty of places in Disney Springs and in the Boardwalk area that you could all eat that night instead of Big River Grille.
For instance at the Boardwalk area:

At the Yacht Club resort is the Yachtsman, a very nice steakhouse (it's a signature dining establishment though).
Also at the YC is the Captains Grille
Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk
Shula's at the Dolphin (they don't take DDP but then again neither does Big River Grille.)
bluezoo at the Dolphin(also don't take DDP)

at Disney Springs:
Raglan Road
The Boathouse
Morimoto
T-Rex
^^^^^^^This

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom