MSEP Troubles Tonight

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As much as I love the Main Street Electrical Parade, I have to admit it was showing its age tonight. First of all, the opening Tinkerbell float was absent. Toward the beginning of the route, the final Snow White float got stuck around the second turn and sat there for five minutes, holding up the rest of the parade I might add, until it was towed and the parade continued. Then after Elliot passed by, it was about another two minutes before the honor America finale came out.

I love the parade, but I fear its time may be coming fairly soon.

DManRightHere

Disneyland received a new electrical parade and I would be very happy to see a clone of it at WDW. It is that good and I usually hate clone ideas. Even that awful music, they used it again but it is so much better.

disney4life2008

MSEP is an embarrassment but as long as the floats work they will run it. To be honest, i could do without MSEP and only have wishes. The unfortunate part is we got MESP during the summertastic celebration in 2009 from disneyland for only a few months stint. It ended up staying and Disneyland gets a new parade.

draybook

MSEP is an embarrassment but as long as the floats work they will run it. To be honest, i could do without MSEP and only have wishes. The unfortunate part is we got MESP during the summertastic celebration in 2009 from disneyland for only a few months stint. It ended up staying and Disneyland gets a new parade.

jonah-hill-no_zpssyl3uhls.gif

How dare you speak ill of my beloved MSEP!! Lol, it is aged but I do love it so! I wouldn't be against a well done replacement though.

TTA94

I may be wrong but I think TDO has no intention of replacing MSEP until the 50th. If MSEP can't last that long then MK may go without a nighttime parade for a couple years.

the-reason14

I think it was actually 2010. I remember being excited to see it again after seeing it again for the first time in years the year before when I was in Disneyland for the first time. Ok that was a mouthful. But either way I hope Disney recognizes that they seriously need to get rid of it and bring in something new. Paint the Night is great for DL, but I hope WDW gets something new and original.

dizda

I may be wrong but I think TDO has no intention of replacing MSEP until the 50th. If MSEP can't last that long then MK may go without a nighttime parade for a couple years.
I actually would not mind a break from the nighttime parade. Perhaps they can find a better route for a new parade.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Parade went a little better tonight, despite being delayed half an hour due to weather. Tink was back, and there were no float breakdowns, but the finale was... Pete and Elliot!

I'm honestly surprised the parade ran at all in the rain.

The Empress Lilly

I wouldn't complain if they ran MSEP for another thirty years.

There is a simplicity to it that I adore. Just little lights, you know. Forming shapes. It feels more artistic to me than costumes that are entire lightshows. Less is more. DL can keep its Monsters Inc. monster truck super disco lightshow.

Also, it echoes the Main Street popcorn lights. ^_^

dizda

What do you mean "better route"? There's only one parade route in MK Town Square to Frontierland or vise versa
I was thinking in terms of a new route or improvements that would lessen disruptions to traffic flow, particularly in Frontierland near BTMRR. The rumored Frontierland expansion was what made me think about changing the route. It may not be practical or possible because of backstage changes that would need to happen to change the route, but if there is a Frontierland expansion, something should be done to help traffic flow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was thinking in terms of a new route or improvements that would lessen disruptions to traffic flow, particularly in Frontierland near BTMRR.
The current route is the best available for being less disruptive and having the needed capacity. Plenty has been done to help traffic flow from the Hub and the bypass projects to the 1991 ROA boardwalk and the 2005 hub bridge. Plus as it stands there's a whole land (Adventureland) to use as a bypass too.

Parades will always be disruptive, and there will always be somewhere not accessible for a short amount of time until a crossing becomes available.

spectromagic04

I have been watching a lot of live streams of the MSEP over the past few weeks and it seems that the Tinker Bell float never runs. The first float recently has been the train which is weird because the Tinker Bell float is the newest float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom