No shame... What DL/Park stuff do you collect?

Stevek

Probably my biggest collection is Disney Park books, pretty much from every Disney park though my Tokyo collection is very light (a bit pricey tracking those down). Really only a couple of holes in it right now. I also have 5 large framed attraction posters (Pirates, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, ATIS & Matterhorn) and park maps from every Disney park in the world. There is so much stuff out there, you really kinda have to pick one thing and roll with it...for me that is books.

Oh, and a massive parks music collection.

dweezil78

Original Poster
Probably my biggest collection is Disney Park books, pretty much from every Disney park though my Tokyo collection is very light (a bit pricey tracking those down). Really only a couple of holes in it right now. I also have 5 large framed attraction posters (Pirates, Space Mountain, Peoplemover, ATIS & Matterhorn) and park maps from every Disney park in the world. There is so much stuff out there, you really kinda have to pick one thing and roll with it...for me that is books.

Oh, and a massive parks music collection.

You and I definitely have similar tastes! :) Any standout faves on the books? I love all my Art of Disneyland/World books and the Poster art book. The elusive Nickel Tour book is also great if you can find for a decent $$$.

Stevek

You and I definitely have similar tastes! :) Any standout faves on the books? I love all my Art of Disneyland/World books and the Poster art book. The elusive Nickel Tour book is also great if you can find for a decent $$$.
Nickel Tour (only second edition)
Art Books you mentioned
Disneyland Inside Story
Epcot books by Beard
Since the World Began
Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality
One Day At Disney

Soo many great books. Love collecting them.

dweezil78

Original Poster
Nickel Tour (only second edition)
Art Books you mentioned
Disneyland Inside Story
Epcot books by Beard
Since the World Began
Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality
One Day At Disney

Soo many great books. Love collecting them.

Ha, good stuff! Our shelves look pretty similar I bet. The EPCOT books are great, especially the original fat edition. (I only have one of them, apparently there are two slightly different.) Do you collect the soft cover pictorial souvenir books? I kind of was obsessed with those for about a solid year.

Stevek

Ha, good stuff! Our shelves look pretty similar I bet. The EPCOT books are great, especially the original fat edition. (I only have one of them, apparently there are two slightly different.) Do you collect the soft cover pictorial souvenir books? I kind of was obsessed with those for about a solid year.
I have 3 of the Epcot books, the two different thicker ones with different artwork inside and a thinner one. I've collected 10 or 11 of the pictorial souvenir books from US parks...would like to get more as they can be fetched reasonably on ebay most of the time. Here's a snapshot of a good portion of my park books.
IMG_6401.JPG

Curious Constance

I have 3 of the Epcot books, the two different thicker ones with different artwork inside and a thinner one. I've collected 10 or 11 of the pictorial souvenir books from US parks...would like to get more as they can be fetched reasonably on ebay most of the time. Here's a snapshot of a good portion of my park books.View attachment 129338

I notice you have both editions of "The Disneyland Encyclopedia" by Chris Strodder, I love those books. He has a new book called, "The Disneyland Book of Lists" that I got for Christmas, it's pretty good! I recommend it. It's only $12.43 on Amazon.com and it's a fun read!

JohnnyDollaz89

As amid, I used to be big into the pins and pin trading. Had multiple lanyards full of pins. Used to wear them throughout the trip, don't regret it one bit! Lol

Figments Friend

Figments Friend

-

Okay, so i felt motivated to post some photos of just a few of the ridiculous amounts of 'old Park stuff' i have.

In no particular order....

1982 EPCOT Center 'Future World' t-shirt.
This amazing design features concept art for all of the original Future World Pavilions, including 'The Living Seas'
Love it...and it still fits!
How many can say that after 35+ years...?

Original 1982 Figment plush ( large variant ) with original tag and less common plastic eyes.
I bought this for $21 at the Centorium at EPCOT Center in early April of 1983, after being blown away by my first ride on the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction.
It was a tremendous inspiration and i instantly bonded with the characters.
Begged my Mom for it..( $21 was a LOT of money for a toy back in 1983! ) but she caved in as she knew how excited i was about the ride experience.
He's been a special friend ever since....

I still have that little guy.....this photo was taken during EPCOT's 25th Anniversary event in the Park back in 2007.
I had brought him with me for the day.
You might have seen him waved around in the air during the Re-Dedication Ceremony singalong if you were there that wondrous day.

Yeah, that was me.....here's the photographic proof -

One of my more unique collectibles now.....

A original film strip used for two images shown during the ride finale on the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction.
Two scenes were 'squished' onto one strip of film, which were restored to their correct size via a special lens on the movie projector.
The two scenes on the strip shown are of Figment as a cowboy and a mountain climber.

For those not familiar with the Original Attraction, the final Show scene on the ride featured Figment ( in AA form ) surrounded by filmed images of himself in different imaginative roles...pirate, super hero, mountain climber, scientist, cowboy, entertainer, and the like.
A photo showing the setting....and the film screens -

Figments Friend

-

More photos of some of my random 'collections' related to the Parks now.....

First up, the insanity known as 'Disney Trading Pins'
Yeah, i have a....few......

Besides EPCOT Center related things, i also rather enjoy Imagineering related items.
Here a pin that sums up the best of both worlds for me, EPCOT Center and WED Enterprises -

Remember when in the mid 1980s, WDW used to mail out a catalog of 'park merchandise' to anyone who wanted one?
I have a nice collection of them, too...this one being the best of the lot - the 1985 edition with that swell front cover.
The cover image was offered as a poster, which i also have.
Yeah, i am a total Figment / EPCOT Center uber-geek from waaaay back.....

Here's a page from inside that same catalog.
I have just about everything related to Figment pictured here......and have no shame in saying that.
Also have the fabulous EPCOT Center record album shown here...two of them, actually.
All of the items were bought back at that time, and i still have them.

Another cool random item nobody but a uber-geek would probably bother saving from back in the day.....
A large plastic shopping bag from EPCOT Center...dated 1982.

I brought my large Figment plush home in this back in 1983...and just found this bag again after 35+ years of being tucked away.
That was a good day.....finding this gem again.

Figments Friend

I'm a 'paper collectibles' person too...and since there are a couple here who have shown an interest here's some paper goods to share with fellow fans-

Original 'WorldPassports' from the early 1980s for admission to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and EPCOT Center.
The Junior ( child's ticket media ) still has one valid day on it.

These were my own tickets back at that time, for my Mom and 11 year old me.
It was my 2nd visit to EPCOT.

Notice how my Mom's ticket has bent edges, and is folded in half while my ticket is pristine?
Yeah, i was in a 'collectors' state of mind even at age 11.
Parents....ffftt....they never understand, right...?

WDW 'Transportation' ticket media, and 'Discovery Island' admission ticket.
Again, these were my own at the time of visiting.
I really liked the graphics and stylized lettering, so i kept them all these years.

Now here's something you don't see every day......
A Eastern Airlines cocktail napkin.
Not just that, but one promoting EPCOT Center's opening.

This was in the early to mid 1980s when Eastern was the official airline of WDW.
The napkin is a neat little promotional item.
Well, i thought so anyway....

Yes, you know you are a uber-uber geek when you save napkins...years before it became the 'cool' thing to do with Park collectors.
I saved all kinds of crazy stuff like this back then.
Look at this cool design.....i couldn't just blow my nose on it and throw it out!
No way!

I have a sweet looking paper cup that matches this, too.

And speaking of Eastern Airlines, here is a luggage tag i saved from one of my first flights to Orlando...or anywhere actually.
Saved this one, as it notes the airlines allegiance with Walt Disney World.

Yes, i'm a freak.
I accept it happily.
:)

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I collect these beauts (picture sucks) .... The only one I still want is the Splash Mountain one but that hasn't been in the parks for a while and the going rate on ebay seems to be $1400.

EDIT: i deleted the attached image. Can someone tell me how to insert an image within the body of the text? I clicked the picture icon but that doesn't give me the option to browse my pictures, only to insert a URL.

Try uploading to Photobucket or a similar photo sharing website.
That will create a link you can post directly within the text of your comments.

You can also try uploading a image directly to your account here at WDWMagic.
Might be easier if you don't already have a photo sharing account somewhere else.

Hope this helps!

mickEblu

Try uploading to Photobucket or a similar photo sharing website.
That will create a link you can post directly within the text of your comments.

You can also try uploading a image directly to your account here at WDWMagic.
Might be easier if you don't already have a photo sharing account somewhere else.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!! I'll give this a shot when I get back home.

Stevek

I notice you have both editions of "The Disneyland Encyclopedia" by Chris Strodder, I love those books. He has a new book called, "The Disneyland Book of Lists" that I got for Christmas, it's pretty good! I recommend it. It's only $12.43 on Amazon.com and it's a fun read!
I've got it...next to the bed. Makes for good bedtime reading.

mickEblu

My favorite stuff to collect is any merch with the old school attraction graphics on them. Like this poster and these magnets hanging in my kitchen.

FullSizeRender%2012_zpsg8aoboyl.jpg

IMG_4472_zpsnalbnljo.jpg

FullSizeRender%2020_zpsvrwtxhx4.jpg
Anyone have any idea why they started selling the smaller magnets individually (POTC, HM, IASW, ETR) and then started selling them as a set with larger magnets (Dumbo, CBJ, SV, BTM)? I figured once they started selling the sets there would be more to follow but the Dumbo set was released over a year ago and nothing else has come out.

I collect these beauts (picture sucks) .... The only one I still want is the Splash Mountain one but that hasn't been in the parks for a while and the going rate on ebay seems to be $1400.

FullSizeRender%2020_zpsvrwtxhx4.jpg

The DL Main Street Train Station has to be my favorite

IMG_4476%203_zps7sskglhf.jpg

I also love me some Jim Shore...

IMG_4474_zpsgpfdlacd.jpg

A couple plush items that called my name...

IMG_4485_zpss7pyagqw.jpg

My old school Captain EO figurines...

IMG_4484_zpsbpyeocml.jpg

I like to buy just random stuff in general that grabs my attention. For example since I was young the Hippo from IASW was always really cool to me...

IMG_4473_zpsrow8k2cz.jpg

Other than I just started collecting DLR attraction pins and some of the WDI pins. I find Im particulary drawn to Fantasyland dark ride pins, Alice in Wonderland in particular and not so in particular...Mr. Toad too, Captain EO and the MSEP.

What I dont like... any merch that has a year plastered on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom