Fantasy having trouble. . .?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I'm seeing in a Facebook group that the Fantasy is skipping Castaway Cay due to mechanical problems. Anyone have any more information?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Thanks! That was quick! ;)

Did you notice that the blog's "source" onboard works at an agency with one of former well-known members?

EOD K9

Thanks! That was quick! ;)

Did you notice that the blog's "source" onboard works at an agency with one of former well-known members?
Being serious, is there love lost here? When you put the name in quotes, it seems that you are discrediting them.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Being serious, is there love lost here? When you put the name in quotes, it seems that you are discrediting them.
I think there is love lost, but not by me. One of the regular posters here left Kingdom Konsultants to start their own agency, which is named in the blog post. I guess I was just trying to be mysterious, but now that you point it out, it does seem like I'm doubting the source. That was not intended.

EOD K9

@ChuckElias I know the company you speak of and one of the agents that's why I was asking. The internets doesn't always convey tone. And after reading the blog, if there is a person on board who says there is engine trouble, I'd think a first person report is normally credible. Thanks for your clarification. I appreciate it.

EOD K9

The other problem is that the company can change ports of call if need be. If they get you back on time, I don't see Disney owing anyone anything. That being said though, if I was on that cruise and missed CC, I'd want to be compensated.

peter11435

The other problem is that the company can change ports of call if need be. If they get you back on time, I don't see Disney owing anyone anything. That being said though, if I was on that cruise and missed CC, I'd want to be compensated.
Cruises miss castaway cay regularly due to weather and sea conditions preventing docking. Nobody gets compensated in those instances.

wogwog

Fantasy is still docked at PC at 6:16PM Sat 2/6. Normal sail away 5:00. The engine work must be incomplete.

Departed about 7:35.

Last edited:

EOD K9

Cruises miss castaway cay regularly due to weather and sea conditions preventing docking. Nobody gets compensated in those instances.
I realize that, but DCL was compensating people for the Fantasy cruise that had engine trouble. They don't owe you anything when they cancel ports. It was generous of them to offer those compensations. I also know I wouldn't be given anything if we miss CC, but I'd want to be just because it is CC....still knowing that I wont be.

Tom

Beta Return
Fantasy is still docked at PC at 6:16PM Sat 2/6. Normal sail away 5:00. The engine work must be incomplete.

Departed about 7:35.

So, are there any first-hand reports of anything? Like work done to the engine...cause...etc? And is it working properly now, or are they sailing at half speed?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

Dream missing Castaway today due to weather. No compensation offered. Fantasy crowd made out good.

EOD K9

I hope people aren't confusing me wanting to be compensated for missing Castaway Cay and expecting to be compensated. Anything DCL gives you is a bonus. Lets face it, CC is awesome, and I think is something most of the cruisers are looking forward to.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I hope people aren't confusing me wanting to be compensated for missing Castaway Cay and expecting to be compensated. Anything DCL gives you is a bonus. Lets face it, CC is awesome, and I think is something most of the cruisers are looking forward to.

No, not at all, at least on my end. I was just quoting the relevant posts with it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
20% off a future cruise? That's crap... It should be a 20% refund. Not every family can just cruise again - for some it'll be their only opportunity. You can't always help if your ship isn't functioning properly but you can try to make it up to the guests with a more immediate payback. I mean besides the ship itself Castaway Cay is the only exclusive part of the whole cruise - it's not like they couldn't dock at one of the stops where other cruises go. I feel sorry for the people on that cruise =(
Here is the thing...ports of call are not guaranteed. You will find something stating that in the contract from every cruise contract I have ever read.

The only time you can really get anything of significance back is if the ship never sets sail or is delayed from it initial port. When that happens, you can typically cancel with out penalty.

When it is something that happens mid cruise, the only thing you can really "demand" is a refund on the port fees and taxes, but even that is often only given as on board credit.

Castaway Cay gets canceled more often than you think due to weather and absolutely no compensation will be given. Since this was a mechanical problem with the ship, Disney stepped up with significant discount on a future cruise. Legally, they had to do nothing.

jaklgreen

20% off a future cruise? That's crap... It should be a 20% refund. Not every family can just cruise again - for some it'll be their only opportunity. You can't always help if your ship isn't functioning properly but you can try to make it up to the guests with a more immediate payback. I mean besides the ship itself Castaway Cay is the only exclusive part of the whole cruise - it's not like they couldn't dock at one of the stops where other cruises go. I feel sorry for the people on that cruise =(

WOW, that is really a bit of an entitled attitude. We have missed out on Castaway Cay because of repairs they were doing from a storm. We did not get any compensation and would have been trilled with the obc and 20% next cruise. What happened is called life, there will be a lot of hiccups in your time on this earth. That does not mean you need to be compensated for them. I cant believe you said you feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for those people who had to poop in a bag when their ships engines failed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Speaking of the Fantasy, my daughter sent me an email an hour ago saying they picked up 10 people today between Miami and Cuba whose boat had been stranded for 4 days. And that the seas have been very rough. Hopefully they will be able to dock at Castaway Cay tomorrow, since it's the last full day of their cruise. She did say the Fantasy was okay, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom