Busch Gardens

Bairstow

Oh, the student union on campus offers a nice discount for the Space Center too! Hmmm, will definitely look into it! My family and I went back in 2004 after a cruise and I had a great time then. I can only imagine how much I'd enjoy it now that I'm older.

The big edition was the Atlantis, which was added in 2013.
We saw it last October and spent like half an hour just staring at it.
Our plan was to only stay at the Kennedy Center until lunch, then head on to Disney World, but we didn't end up leaving until 4, and we hadn't even seen either of the IMax movies, nor gone to the Astronaut Hall of fame, which is a couple miles down the road and included with your ticket.

raven

I usually do BG on a weekend starting at park open and leave around 4pm then drive to Clearwater Beach to watch the most amazing sunset walking along powder soft sand. The pier on the beach has a Sunset Festival every single night with vendors, music, artists and free sideshow type of entertainment (dog show, fire breathers, etc). I have taken some of my best photos on that beach!

JoeCamel

I hesitate to put this here as I want to keep it for myself but you might consider staying on Anna Maria rather than Siesta. It does not have the talcum powder sand of Siesta but is world class with a laid back vibe. About an hour from BG not the two hours Siesta is. BG is a great park with some of the country's best coasters and the animals and park surrounding will keep the kids entertained. Good compromise IMO

raven

I hesitate to put this here as I want to keep it for myself but you might consider staying on Anna Maria rather than Siesta. It does not have the talcum powder sand of Siesta but is world class with a laid back vibe. About an hour from BG not the two hours Siesta is. BG is a great park with some of the country's best coasters and the animals and park surrounding will keep the kids entertained. Good compromise IMO
Went to Siesta 4 years ago in the summer and the sand was so compacted it was like walking on concrete.

JoeCamel

Went to Siesta 4 years ago in the summer and the sand was so compacted it was like walking on concrete.

Until they run the beach rakes over it the sand gets very solid after it rains. Once they manicure it and it dries you get the talc back until the next storm. Spent a couple of years on that beach, it can be very bad when the wind blows with the drifting

raven

Until they run the beach rakes over it the sand gets very solid after it rains. Once they manicure it and it dries you get the talc back until the next storm. Spent a couple of years on that beach, it can be very bad when the wind blows with the drifting
That's why I stick to Clearwater Beach. Powder soft no matter what the weather is.

JoeCamel

That's why I stick to Clearwater Beach. Powder soft no matter what the weather is.

You might have a hard time getting there in the future, they are looking at implementing "demand access". No more just driving out and parking, you will have to take a bus and they won't give you a parking space. A victim of its own popularity

raven

You might have a hard time getting there in the future, they are looking at implementing "demand access". No more just driving out and parking, you will have to take a bus and they won't give you a parking space. A victim of its own popularity
That would kill every business up and down that strip if they did that. Paid parking spots works fine but they keep building hotels on those lots so they are the only ones to blame.

danpam1024

I've had a BG annual pass for years and years. I love the park! There is a lot to do for young and old and rarely gets too crowded. I love Disney but the value at BG can't be beat.
Me too! Disney has gotten out of control expensive. I pay $67/month for 3 adult premium BG/SW passes- locked in price from MANY years ago- and we can use it at ANY of the SW parks across the country. There is FAR more to do at BG when compared to DAK, especially for the little ones. The park is clean, the staff is friendly, great food options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom