Beating no rehire

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know that it used to be a matter of applying for any role in casting, and then going through a rehire panel.

What's the current process? Or is it now no-rehire = no-rehire forever?

Domosuke

I'm pretty sure it's the same. Probably wait a year until you last left.

Possibly pick a different department(s) you previously worked in.

Give them ample evidence to prove why you left was a mistake and you deserve another chance.

Hope like hell they have high turnover.

s8film40

I think a lot depends on the reason for the no re-hire. I know of someone who did it, he tried multiple times. The last attempt, which was successful he had several letters of recommendation from people within the company.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Realistically, I want a professional job.

I was termed 13 years ago. Now I have my master's, and 6 years with glowing reviews at a Fortune 50 company. But since you can only apply online for professional roles, every resumé bounces back within an hour due to the rehire status.

Last edited:

s8film40

Realistically, I want a professional job.

I was termed 13 years ago. Now I have my master's, and 6 years with glowing reviews at a Fortune 50 company. But since you can only apply online for professional roles, every resumé bounces back within an hour due to the rehire status.
The typical advice in that case with Disney is to get an entry level position and then at some point later transfer to a professional position. Disney often gives preference to internal transfers, of course this depends somewhat on the exact position. I think it's just their way of roping quality people into the front line CM jobs. I don't necessarily recommend this course of action but you won't be the only one operating a ride with a master's.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
The typical advice in that case with Disney is to get an entry level position and then at some point later transfer to a professional position. Disney often gives preference to internal transfers, of course this depends somewhat on the exact position. I think it's just their way of roping quality people into the front line CM jobs. I don't necessarily recommend this course of action but you won't be the only one operating a ride with a master's.

If they still allowed part time with only two day's availability, I'd be all for that. I remember we had an attorney working in entertainment with us, who just wanted the opportunity to become in-house counsel at Disney. He had that within six months.

I'm on the phone now with casting records, to see if they'll let me swing by to discuss this and what options I might have.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
While your situation might be different, I do know of people who were told they had no chance but did eventually manage to re-hire.

I was termed for self defense, when a guest attacked me as a character. Three CM's who hated me (ah yes, that cliquey vibe of Disney Entertainment), wrote false witness statements and made sure I was termed.

I attempted the rehire process several years back when you could still walk into casting to apply for a job, and they were willing then. However, I didn't follow through, because I got a job offer a few days later.

Since then, it seems that Disney changed its process.

Domosuke

Did the other person press charges to your knowledge? Because it sucks, but a guest could say a suit performer attacked them when they did or didn't, and it's their words against the employee in the suit.

If they did press charges, and/or a police report was written, not that you would have known which sucks, you're probably blacklisted. I'm not taking sides, and I'm sorry that happened to you, that's some really messed up crap. I also remember when I was fired and given a no rehire, over something trivial, you gave me some good advice too and I appreciate it. They want plastic people working there, and that's fine.

Domosuke

How do you know for sure? There is a reason you're blacklisted.

Assault/Battery is a serious issue and I can understand you were protecting yourself, but they for whatever reason feel that's an unforgivable offense.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
How do you know for sure? There is a reason you're blacklisted.

Assault/Battery is a serious issue and I can understand you were protecting yourself, but they for whatever reason feel that's an unforgivable offense.

The incident was in 2003. In 2005, I was offered the opportunity to go through the rehire panel, but l politely declined, since I had received an offer with another employer at the same time. The Casting CM told me it was not a problem, and that I was free to try and apply later on.

Obviously in the 11 years since I was offered the opportunity, Disney changed its policies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom