The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thats cheap for MGM studios . . . :angelic:

Ha! Kudos!

images

Cesar R M

Avoid the internet until then. Unless you want spoilers...

Which admittedly is part of the reason why we're seeing it ASAP. Taking my brother because my friends and parents say they're not nerds...:grumpy: and the friend who would go with me wouldn't be able to go until at least Sunday, and I said, "I love you, but this is Star Wars.":hilarious: So my brother gets to go. I wanted to go on Thursday night, but my parents told me not on a school night with him, which I understand. So I'll pick him up from school that day and we'll immediately go to the theater.
Agree..
general public are annoying.. as they spoil things left and right..
even when everyone is telling them to stop. :|

Cesar R M

So I had a phone interview at 430.

Five minutes came and went and I'm like okay so maybe their late.

Ten minutes...same thing

I finally called twenty minutes later and the lady was oh I'm sorry. I had a meeting. Like she couldn't tell me that. Send a quick email or something.

Anyway, I rescheduled for tomorrow. Lady seemed flustered so I brought up the whole 'would you like to reschedule thing'.

I can't get a career but these people can. :banghead:
relationships and contacts are worth more than skills in a lot of areas :/

Gabe1

This is one of my peeves too. I can't stand being late, I don't like when I arrive somewhere late and everyone looks at me or is disappointed/frustrated.

All my friends know that I'm usually about 5 minutes early, and one time I was going to a friends house and I was about a mile away when my phone rang. It was my friend, it was about a minute before I was supposed to be at her house and she was calling to see if I was okay since I wasn't at her house yet!

Also one time in college I was about 5 minutes (or less) late for a class and I didn't want the prof to say anything about me being late (I don't know why I was worried, he never took attendance) or have people see me walk in late. So I just sat outside and listened to the lecture. (I'm strange, I know.)

As an individual I am never late. As a family we are hard pressed to arrive on time. We come so close but oy.

Cesar R M

This is my biggest pet peeve in life...being late. So disrespectful and completely unprofessional to not let you know.
you will hate living in a city like Mexico City.
its a nightmare.

They are ALWAYS LATE by AT LEAST AN HOUR.
The record was being late 6 hours later... and it was the guy who "arranged" the "meeting". unbelievable! ( I am at most 15 minutes late and that is VERY RARE, 99% of the time, I'm at least half hour earlier or on time...)

Cesar R M

Nothing wrong with a quiet Thanksgiving. It was supposed to be just hubby and me too, but a friend of ours had her family plans fall through so she joined us too. There was plenty of food and it was still a relaxing meal.
Agree.
In my case, Id rather have a friendly calm reunion than everyone ripping each other (or roasting).
nothing more annoying than the classic mother-in-law "are you giving me grandkids yet?" or similar stuff.

Gabe1

Tried to like this post, but, the site wouldn't let me...again. Had log out and back in just for it to let me reply, 'cause it wouldn't let me do that either 'til I did. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the City of Austin has had a plastic bag ban (other than thicker reusable ones you can purchase for $0.25 a pop from a lot of stores) for several years.
We used to sell lots of themed, heavier duty, reusable bags when I worked at The Disney Store, but, the mall is also located just outside of the city limits, so we had plenty of regular plastic bags on hand, as well.
And, they were definitely way thicker than your average grocery store type plastic bag. :)

True. The Mugs I bought my DD a few weeks back for her 24th birthday (can you believe that) came in a nice plastic bag. Our bags sold at TDS were more than $.75 though. I actually was going to get her one to build her re-usable collection but every stink'n one was a Princess one. DD isn't a princess gal. What the heck? I kept looking thinking their would have to be a balance for the boys....nope.

Gabe1

Agree.
In my case, Id rather have a friendly calm reunion than everyone ripping each other (or roasting).
nothing more annoying than the classic mother-in-law "are you giving me grandkids yet?" or similar stuff.

When my BIL and SIL returned from their Honeymoon years ago, my MIL on cloud nine still had a present for her new daughter in law. She a pre-bought her a maternity blouse. :eek: I was there as the new bride unwrapped the present. What can one say to that? She made MIL wait a good long while, they had their first kid 6 years later. :joyfull:

Gabe1

Tried to like this post, but, the site wouldn't let me...again. Had log out and back in just for it to let me reply, 'cause it wouldn't let me do that either 'til I did. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the City of Austin has had a plastic bag ban (other than thicker reusable ones you can purchase for $0.25 a pop from a lot of stores) for several years.
We used to sell lots of themed, heavier duty, reusable bags when I worked at The Disney Store, but, the mall is also located just outside of the city limits, so we had plenty of regular plastic bags on hand, as well.
And, they were definitely way thicker than your average grocery store type plastic bag. :)

That happened to me over the weekend. Poof I wasn't signed in after that anymore. Go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom