NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Well Roethlisberger is out. I lead by 23. Might as well just hope Tom Brady throws a couple picks and can't do anything.

PUSH

Original Poster
So last week I had a season low 83 points scored, yet somehow won. This week I have a new season low with 81 points scored.

acishere

Patriots fall! As does my fantasy team. :(
I got the best of both worlds. The Broncos broke the win streak in a way that didn't involve Thomas so I don't need to rely on my RB in tomorrow's game. I won something! I actually get to experience happiness related to football! I haven't felt this in months!

PUSH

Original Poster
I got the best of both worlds. The Broncos broke the win streak in a way that didn't involve Thomas so I don't need to rely on my RB in tomorrow's game. I won something! I actually get to experience happiness related to football! I haven't felt this in months!
Going into the final week of the fantasy regular season it's a tight race.

1. 8-4
2. 7-5 (me)
3. 7-5
4. 7-5
5. 7-5
6. 7-5
7. 4-8
8. 1-11

If I win, I'm in. If I lose, I'd at least be tied for the 4th place spot in the Winner's Bracket. And most likely I'd hold the points scored tie breaker, provided I don't have a third straight week of fewest points scored.

Not too shabby for being the only team who only gets to play the 1-11 team once instead of twice.

acishere

Going into the final week of the fantasy regular season it's a tight race.

1. 8-4
2. 7-5 (me)
3. 7-5
4. 7-5
5. 7-5
6. 7-5
7. 4-8
8. 1-11

If I win, I'm in. If I lose, I'd at least be tied for the 4th place spot in the Winner's Bracket. And most likely I'd hold the points scored tie breaker, provided I don't have a third straight week of fewest points scored.

Not too shabby for being the only team who only gets to play the 1-11 team once instead of twice.
If my RB scores 10+ points tomorrow to beat the highest score, I get $5 back. That's the only silver lining I have left in my fantasy season. It took me too long to fall into a place where I could get players off waivers.

PUSH

Original Poster
If my RB scores 10+ points tomorrow to beat the highest score, I get $5 back. That's the only silver lining I have left in my fantasy season. It took me too long to fall into a place where I could get players off waivers.
One guy was dominating our league, until he lost Bell and I used his desperation to get Hopkins from him. He's 1-3 since then.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My fantasy week has been a wild ride..

It started off by trading the Carolina Defense to get a RB and WR... and the trade getting hung up and not processing til next week.. so I keep the 20+ points the Carolina defense puts up.. which is great because my opponent had Gano, their kicker.. who put up monster points.

Then I had to face the prospect of Brady playing the #1 defense in the league... with his WR#1, #2, and RB#1 all gone.. with only Gronk to throw to... so I did the unthinkable and sat Tom Brady.. sat Brady for my #2 QB.. Winston. Luckily that didn't backfire dramatically.

And my biggest opponent in our league had a disaster week. First, his #1 QB was romo.. well -2 points and of course now IR.. so he's hunting for QB. Then, his other #1 points getter is Gronk.. who had to be carted off. So he's in a tail spin...

Meanwhile.. if this trade pays off.. I could be pretty well balanced for the playoffs. Still uncertain what Brady will do in the final weeks, but I have a QB on the roster to fill in if needed.

Still #1 baby!!
week11.png

But with yet another twist... the final week I have to play the guy... I traded Carolina too :) Our playoffs are 2 weeks per round.. so that's even more stress :)

acishere

One guy was dominating our league, until he lost Bell and I used his desperation to get Hopkins from him. He's 1-3 since then.
Yahoo stopped sending PMs outside of the app and only sent them through the app if you did an update. I hate having all the bloatware Verizon stuffs in phones wasting my data with their updates so I it set to manual updates. It took me a week to remember to update it. Because of that I missed the PM offering me the one fair trade I've seen all season. I trade deadline already passed.

I blame Verizon... and Meg.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yahoo stopped sending PMs outside of the app and only sent them through the app if you did an update. I hate having all the bloatware Verizon stuffs in phones wasting my data with their updates so I it set to manual updates. It took me a week to remember to update it. Because of that I missed the PM offering me the one fair trade I've seen all season. I trade deadline already passed.

I blame Verizon... and Meg.
I missed getting a trade offer for Eddie Lacy in. I was going to offer one of my lower level RBs for him, and maybe Travis Kelce, too. I'm pretty sure he would have taken it, and Lacy has been back in form the past two weeks. Disappointed I forgot about it.

PUSH

Original Poster
New Playoff Machine predictions!

NFC:
1. Panthers
2. Cardinals
3. Packers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Buccaneers

AFC:
1. Patriots
2. Bengals
3. Broncos
4. Colts
5. Steelers
6. Chiefs

Lucky

The Giants play tougher teams the rest of the way, but Washington plays 3 of their last 5 on the road. They haven't won any on the road yet. So I think NY still has the best shot at winning that embarrassing division.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Giants play tougher teams the rest of the way, but Washington plays 3 of their last 5 on the road. They haven't won any on the road yet. So I think NY still has the best shot at winning that embarrassing division.
I agree, but the way my pick played out it ended up with the Redskins.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Holy cow pick ems this week are tough! It seems like every game could be a toss up....

What do people think Green Bay will do? I can't think Detroit beats them twice... But man they have been disappointing lately

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm still in shock. That was by far the craziest win I've seen in a long time. The last time I felt like this was in 2013 in Chicago when Rodgers threw to Cobb on a 4th & 8, coming off his broken collarbone, for a TD, to win the NFC North. Incredible.

rael ramone

ESPN Playoff machine is up.

my predictions, as of today:

AFC
1. NE 2. DEN 3. CIN 4. HOU 5. KC 6. PIT
NFC
1. CAR 2. ARI 3. MIN 4. WAS 5. GB 6. TB

best record - Carolina (NE will rest regulars last game, Carolina can't w/ Arizona on their heels)
worst record - Tennessee

Pack will lose one more game that they shouldn't (Raiders) which will keep them from the division despite a sweep of Minn.

Updated predictions (not much change from last week)

AFC
1. NE 2. DEN 3. CIN 4. IND 5. KC 6. PIT
NFC
1. CAR 2. ARI 3. MIN 4. WAS 5. GB 6. TB

Carolina still gets best record.
Tennessee will share worst record with Cleveland, SF, and Dallas.

Seattle has away games vs both Minn & Arizona. They need to win one of those to get in - and of course win all the games they are supposed to win - they lose tiebreaker vs TB.

And I think Philly is trying to get their coach fired...

jw24

Way for the Giants to ruin my birthday! :mad: This is getting ridiculous! Nothing has changed at all from last year. I think the Giants are done! Maybe it's time to give up football until Coughlin gets fired!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom