180 days out rant

JohnD

Original Poster
No, it's not about the food. It's not knowing when Soarin' will be re-opened or when RoL begins. I have no specific plans but I just grabbed ADRs for 'Ohana and California Grill anyway near Memorial Day weekend.

Would be nice knowing when certain attractions are open so I can plan 180 days out better.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No, it's not about the food. It's not knowing when Soarin' will be re-opened or when RoL begins. I have no specific plans but I just grabbed ADRs for 'Ohana and California Grill anyway near Memorial Day weekend.

Would be nice knowing when certain attractions are open so I can plan 180 days out better.
What does an attraction have to do with Ohana or Cali Grill? RoL begins in the spring and Soarin' not until sometime in June at the earliest, so neither will matter for Memorial Day trip anyway. One will be there, one will not.

JohnD

Original Poster
What does an attraction have to do with Ohana or Cali Grill? RoL begins in the spring and Soarin' not until sometime in June at the earliest, so neither will matter for Memorial Day trip anyway. One will be there, one will not.

It has to do with planning a trip. I have no specific dates set. But knowing which attractions/shows are open allows me to plan potential ADRs better. And "Spring"/"Summer" have always been flexible dates with Disney. "Summer" for them could be the week after Memorial Day. I just grabbed 'Ohana/CG for a Friday and Saturday just because I could.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It has to do with planning a trip. I have no specific dates set. But knowing which attractions/shows are open allows me to plan potential ADRs better. And "Spring"/"Summer" have always been flexible dates with Disney. "Summer" for them could be the week after Memorial Day. I just grabbed 'Ohana/CG for a Friday and Saturday just because I could.
Understood, but the scuttlebutt is that Soarin' won't open until at least June, so if you need to plan on the new Soarin', you would have to wait at least until July to ensure that it will be open. RoL has always been planned for a Spring 2016 opening in every official Disney announcement, but you are right that it might be late May or early June, since Summer doesn't officially start until near the end of June. Again, if you are planning a trip and want to see the new stuff, wait until fall of next year, and then they will both be open for sure. The new Frozen ride/M&G and TSMM third track will be done by fall of next year as well.

JohnD

Original Poster
Understood, but the scuttlebutt is that Soarin' won't open until at least June, so if you need to plan on the new Soarin', you would have to wait at least until July to ensure that it will be open. RoL has always been planned for a Spring 2016 opening in every official Disney announcement, but you are right that it might be late May or early June, since Summer doesn't officially start until near the end of June. Again, if you are planning a trip and want to see the new stuff, wait until fall of next year, and then they will both be open for sure. The new Frozen ride/M&G and TSMM third track will be done by fall of next year as well.

I usually look at Spring and Fall. This year I went early Nov. for Osborne Lights, missing MNSSHP. So, I would definitely be looking at late Fall next year. Regarding Spring, no SWW so don't have to plan for that but I was just looking at the 180 days out ADRs schedule and noticed we're right at Memorial Day weekend time (5/30). So, the week of 5/29-6/4 might be a good time to go. Or maybe start Friday 5/27. So I'm just grabbing ADRs now. Yes, I will cancel when plans are firmed up if I don't need those ADRs.

Innkeeper's Club

In my opinion the problem is that WDW is always going to be doing some sort of construction/refurbishment and it means some guests will be disappointed. Take everyone who tried to get Liberty Tree Tavern. It was recently closed from July 6 - November 26 and it meant that I couldn't have went there this past August. However that didn't stop me from going to the Magic Kingdom and I made the best of it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I usually look at Spring and Fall. This year I went early Nov. for Osborne Lights, missing MNSSHP. So, I would definitely be looking at late Fall next year. Regarding Spring, no SWW so don't have to plan for that but I was just looking at the 180 days out ADRs schedule and noticed we're right at Memorial Day weekend time (5/30). So, the week of 5/29-6/4 might be a good time to go. Or maybe start Friday 5/27. So I'm just grabbing ADRs now. Yes, I will cancel when plans are firmed up and I don't need those ADRs.
I'm actually surprised you were able to snag those for Memorial Day weekend!

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm actually surprised you were able to snag those for Memorial Day weekend!

180 days out is to 5/28 as of today. I got an 'Ohana for 6:30 on 5/27 and CG for 7:30 on 5/28. Also Kona Cafe Breakfast on 5/28. BTW, I do know, I should plan on doing F&G festival through 5/30.

Dwarful

Its kind of funny because we are going in a few weeks. They recently officially changed park hours to 8 AM with 7 AM emh's. So as I was adjusting FPs for our group I checked out dining...and pretty much changed most of our meals...as I am guessing many others did as well...which is why we had things opening up for our group of 12. So...even if everyone is grabbing at 180 and then changing or dropping whats the point...other than make us run like hamsters on a wheel...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom