Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

roj2323

Did anyone find it odd that each of character meet and greets and the main entrance to the attraction were all set up for FP+ but they aren't being utilized yet? Do we think that's because they weren't sure on the opening date or do you think they changed their mind?
FP+ adds another layer of complexity to running the attraction. Once they have been open for a week or two you will likey see FP+ options. Additionally they are probably waiting for the movie to be released as it's going to get even busier in launch bay and FP+ will make more sence to handle the crowds

mm52200

FP+ adds another layer of complexity to running the attraction. Once they have been open for a week or two you will likey see FP+ options. Additionally they are probably waiting for the movie to be released as it's going to get even busier in launch bay and FP+ will make more sence to handle the crowds
Would they be adding to just the meet and greets or do you think the Launch Bay itself will also have FP since it has it's own set of scanners out front? I'm trying to think how FP would work with an attraction like Launch Bay.

Magic Feather

Would they be adding to just the meet and greets or do you think the Launch Bay itself will also have FP since it has it's own set of scanners out front? I'm trying to think how FP would work with an attraction like Launch Bay.
I personally think that the fastpasses will only be for the meet and greets, but the scanners at the entrance are to guarantee that they get in on time for their fp if there is like an hour long wait to get in.

Phroobar

Wow! Launch Bay is even cheaper and uglier than the Disneyland version. Weird how Miceage actually likes it where everything at Disneyland is awful.

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure what you're expecting. It's re-working existing space with SW memorabilia on display and for sale with M&Gs, food/beverage for purchase, and a short movie. It delivered as advertised. From what I can tell, it's more than what was there before for animation.
For one, I was expecting something remotely similar to the concept art. I know concept art is idealized, but c'mon.

Phroobar

For one, I was expecting something remotely similar to the concept art. I know concept art is idealized, but c'mon.
Exactly, both are simply painted backgrounds. No details like in the concept art. Both do not have actual props but wooden replicas instead.. The Cantina is a waste of space with nothing going on in it. The store sells high priced items. At least the Chewie meet and greet area at Disneyland has some vines besides painted cardboard. Just wait until people start meeting Darth Vader and he starts to studder with "as you wish" over and over again. It's a low quality meet and greet and I bet this will be staying at both locations for years.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Exactly, both are simply painted backgrounds. No details like in the concept art. Both do not have actual props but wooden replicas instead.. The Cantina is a waste of space with nothing going on in it. The store sells high priced items. At least the Chewie meet and greet area at Disneyland has some vines besides painted cardboard. Just wait until people start meeting Darth Vader and he starts to studder with "as you wish" over and over again. It's a low quality meet and greet and I bet this will be staying at both locations for years.
:cry:

ToTBellHop

How did someone miss the obvious design to build an actual cantina with actual aliens serving actual food? You know, like the food described in the original release last summer.

Phroobar

How did someone miss the obvious design to build an actual cantina with actual aliens serving actual food? You know, like the food described in the original release last summer.

Exactly! Why isn't the cantina a quick service food area? Just dress up a few cast members as twi'leks and serve blue milk. Instead both versions are empty areas that have nothing to do with the ones seen in the movies. There isn't a character in sight. At least give us something to sit in. You sure can't sit around that holo chess table. I even bet the aurebesh on the walls doesn't make sense.

Kman101

The Cantina just seems like a photo opportunity. The DHS version has Jawas walking around and I saw in Disneyland they had Boba Fett out. Maybe they're throwing out random characters in there. So it's not entirely a wasted space. It should have been a real Cantina though. More of a "look at what we will have for you in a few years" but nope.

ToTBellHop

The Cantina just seems like a photo opportunity. The DHS version has Jawas walking around and I saw in Disneyland they had Boba Fett out. Maybe they're throwing out random characters in there. So it's not entirely a wasted space. It should have been a real Cantina though. More of a "look at what we will have for you in a few years" but nope.
More of a, "look at the rubbish we were going to give you for Star Wars until the Board said it wasn't ambitious enough." And thank goodness for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom