Trip Report Disappointed!

Let me start with saying I am not here to bash or judge anyone who is an aficionado of the food and wine festival and in fact we used to be.......until today! We are here now enjoying a wonderful family vacation. We have done the food and wine festival almost every time we have come here but, I was truly SHOCKED at the change in the atmosphere the food and wine festival has now. While I completely understand crowds and know you can't change crowd numbers but I have never seen this many people there for the festival. The lines were so long that the thought of waiting in them to spend that kind of money for a small sample (although good samples) was not worth it. The part that really disturbs me is that to me Disney has always portrayed a family atmosphere in their parks but what we saw and experienced was far from family atmosphere. I saw stumbling drunks, people laying down on the side of the walkways with friends laughing at them, cuss words left and right, people casually smoking in all areas around the park, groups of people shouting, and trash everywhere. Now correct me if I am wrong, isn't Disney a big proponent of their image and pride themselves on no trash allowed around the parks. I saw ZERO security patrolling (I would think with the amount of drinking going on, security would be enhanced), I saw minimal staff members lingering doing the their usual clean up work. We attended with our daughter who is 9 and even she commented on how different this was compared to our last visit and at one point just wanted to leave. Now I know some will say we could have just left and yes we could have but, we paid to be there, why should we have to waste our money because Disney doesn't have a better system in place. We did our best to stroll through quickly and tried to enjoy the shops but our usual stroll through was just not enjoyable. We felt like we were attending a spring break drunken frat party. You may look at what I am saying is just a big ol' giant complaint and yest technically it is but, google reviews for this and you will see a lot of people saying the same things! Get it together Disney! I know everyone has a right to come here, everyone has a right to enjoy themselves and I would never say you can't allow people to drink but if they want to promote this as a family destination than it should be kept that way! Can't some of this be solved by allowing people to continue to drink and enjoy themselves by doing something like a prepaid wrist band that requires you to show ID when you buy it. As you enjoy the festival and get your drinks you get a hole punched on your band and after you reach a certain number say like 10 or 12 alcohol drinks you can't get more? I mean I had to spend over $200 to attend the Very Merry Christmas Party and had to have wrist band to be able to get cookies and hot chocolate but Disney can allow people to just drink themselves stupid because they spend more money. I did not do any research on the food and wine festival because we have done it so many times before but, lesson learned and this long time foodie will not be attending this again unless we arrive first thing in the morning on a weekday for it. Just not impressed with the image portrayed to children today! end rant!

G00fyDad

Not extreme, not offended, not damaged, and not specifically speaking to you, but there is a hefty contingent on here who consistently make pretty ludicrous accusations about what they have seen (I'm lookin' at you BristolsMom aka Buzz Killington) and hey, forgive me if I call BS on it. I've been dozens of times and have never once, not one single time seen anything like some of these people have described over the years. And believe me, after reading all these wacky stories, I have looked for it. I'll gladly admit I am wrong if someone shows me the evidence. It must exist somewhere on the Internet. Everything else does.

I understand what you're saying, but unless you're calling me a liar you need to accept the fact that maybe you haven't seen it but others have. I've personally seen extremely drunk people in the World Showcase during F&W. I've seen them puking in the street. Not in the middle right in a crowd of people, but off to the side by the railing. When you have an event like this it's insane to think that everyone is going to act responsibly. I'm happy you have never seen something like this. I don't think anybody should have to see something like this at Disney World. Unfortunately if still happens. Regardless of photographic evidence.

Again, I'm not saying they should outlaw liquor at the parks, but it's a double-edged sword. People have a hard time acting right and responsible. If you give them the opportunity to drink then you're going to have a crowd that are going to do stupid things like overdrink. I'm happy to see adults that can drink without acting like a fool, but to say that it doesn't exist is foolish in itself.

rucifee

Not extreme, not offended, not damaged, and not specifically speaking to you, but there is a hefty contingent on here who consistently make pretty ludicrous accusations about what they have seen (I'm lookin' at you BristolsMom aka Buzz Killington) and hey, forgive me if I call BS on it. I've been dozens of times and have never once, not one single time seen anything like some of these people have described over the years. And believe me, after reading all these wacky stories, I have looked for it. I'll gladly admit I am wrong if someone shows me the evidence. It must exist somewhere on the Internet. Everything else does.

You've been dozens of times? I went more than a dozen times last month alone. ;) Sorry we don't stop to take pictures of everything we see because we can't know what the internet won't believe before they don't believe it. LMAO

BuddyThomas

I understand what you're saying, but unless you're calling me a liar you need to accept the fact that maybe you haven't seen it but others have. I've personally seen extremely drunk people in the World Showcase during F&W. I've seen them puking in the street. Not in the middle right in a crowd of people, but off to the side by the railing. When you have an event like this it's insane to think that everyone is going to act responsibly. I'm happy you have never seen something like this. I don't think anybody should have to see something like this at Disney World. Unfortunately if still happens. Regardless of photographic evidence.

Again, I'm not saying they should outlaw liquor at the parks, but it's a double-edged sword. People have a hard time acting right and responsible. If you give them the opportunity to drink then you're going to have a crowd that are going to do stupid things like overdrink. I'm happy to see adults that can drink without acting like a fool, but to say that it doesn't exist is foolish in itself.
Yeah okay, I guess those are some good points, and not calling you a liar, but some of the claims that have been posted on here over the years defy basic logic. I think sometimes people just want to say words, so they string whatever they can think of into a paragraph and post it, whether it makes a lick of sense or has a grain of truth to it or not. PS - anyone notice how the original poster has not returned, making me wonder if this was just all to stir up trouble. If so, nice stirring!
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom