The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

So I had a phone interview at 430.

Five minutes came and went and I'm like okay so maybe their late.

Ten minutes...same thing

I finally called twenty minutes later and the lady was oh I'm sorry. I had a meeting. Like she couldn't tell me that. Send a quick email or something.

Anyway, I rescheduled for tomorrow. Lady seemed flustered so I brought up the whole 'would you like to reschedule thing'.

I can't get a career but these people can. :banghead:

catmom46

Ten minutes...same thing

I finally called twenty minutes later and the lady was oh I'm sorry. I had a meeting. Like she couldn't tell me that. Send a quick email or something.

Anyway, I rescheduled for tomorrow. Lady seemed flustered so I brought up the whole 'would you like to reschedule thing'.

Sympathy like. I often wonder how some people still have jobs.

betty rose

Day 4 of the Adventure... Friday October 22nd

Lots to see in Paris...

After a bit of a rest we headed out this morning with two major destinations. The first being The Louvre and the second Notre Dame Cathedral.
View attachment 121742
As you might guess, this place is massive. So I will confine my photos to some of the most famous works in the building with just this comment. You had better be in shape to walk and walk a long way, up and down stairs if you decide to visit this amazing place. First let's see the postage sized masterpiece called the Mona Lisa.
View attachment 121743
Then Venus De Milo...
View attachment 121744
And, of course... The Winged Victory..
View attachment 121746 There are obviously way to many treasures to photograph everything that the Louvre holds within it's walls and since we only had one day left in Paris we had to pick and choose. A serious art traveler would need to spend at least a week exploring it's many floors and areas. The grandeur of the building itself is jaw dropping. So off to Notre Dame Cathedral. No need for more commentary... it speaks for itself.
View attachment 121747

View attachment 121750

View attachment 121751

View attachment 121752

View attachment 121753 That's it for now, but, we did go into other very old buildings that contained a lot of history that was completely lost on a simple mind like my own. Oh, yea the food was good too, especially McDonalds. (which, BTW, are everywhere along with a certain rodent who at the time being will remain nameless.) :) They do have good French Fries!
Wonderful photo's. We had a display in Kansas City museum of art, and it included the Mona Lisa. I, too was so surprised at the small size.

betty rose

How about now?

FPxZ8WK.gif
I laughed and laughed at this post. Look how fast that dog's tail is wagging. Love this. Thanks so much!:joyfull: I would love a hot dog that big, and dog too!:joyfull::D

StarWarsGirl

Ten minutes...same thing

stupidpeople1.jpg

French Quarter

Ten minutes...same thing

This is my biggest pet peeve in life...being late. So disrespectful and completely unprofessional to not let you know.

Goofyernmost

Thank you! your pics are awesome. I do have a question. Did you really eat at McDonald's?
Yes, I did, as a matter of convenience and my rebel ways. I do wish I had photographed the menu (which contained the old standards such as the Big Mac, etc.) was so much different then what we have here not only in food choices, but, in decor and system. After that it became a challenge to go to every McDonald's that crossed my path and, trust me, there was no place that they didn't have a location except Pompeii. Each location had the best city map of any available in those cities. They showed the location of sites and the streets indicating how to get to them from whatever particular McD's you happened to be in. I did catch good natured hell from a fellow in Italy that told me that he wouldn't go to the states and get a pizza, why was I in McD's. By that time I had enough pasta to fill a boat, so I had no guilt feelings at all.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I really appreciate your comments, Gabe. I think the obligation to do things with family simply because you are related to these people is ridiculous. I think people should spend time together because they want to...not because they feel they have to. And some of us find our families, instead of being born into them. I never spend holidays with my extended family. I want to actually enjoy the holiday and not be stressed out. That's my family dynamic. I know it's different for others. Everyone should just do what works for them.

I think twenty somethings are adults who get to make their own decisions on how they spend their time. If they don't want to be at a family dinner, I can understand that. They need time to spend with their friends too. And I think some parents have a tendency to accept invitations on behalf of their adult children and that's just not fair.

I've thought about this for a couple of days and appreciate your comments too. Though my kids are now young adults that can make their own decisions I did make some rather important ones for them early on which kinda speaks to your And some of us find our families, instead of being born into them comment. We willed our children to my best friends in the event thereof. Ya never know. While I love my only Sis very much we are very different always were. None of us like his side of the family, they are very intense people that make you wanta drink to survive the gathering type of people. So they would have been off to my best friends since childhood. We had very similar parenting styles and family structure. My kids knew where they were to go if something happened and they were like family, in fact for many years before my kids actually understood family trees they thought they were blood Aunt and Uncle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom