Supermarket at Crossroads

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Hi all

We just returned from our trip, and during the trip we went to the supermarket at Crossroads - the name of which temporarily escapes me.

We bought a few snack treats to take home with us, since there's bits and pieces we like that you can only get in the US (or which are very expensive here in the UK).

Upon our return, it was noticed that a number of the items bought were beyond the best before date - some of which had best before dates of 2014. I think most of what we bought should be OK. We should have checked at the time, but I thought I'd post a message here to let others know just in case.

ULPO46

Hi all

We just returned from our trip, and during the trip we went to the supermarket at Crossroads - the name of which temporarily escapes me.

We bought a few snack treats to take home with us, since there's bits and pieces we like that you can only get in the US (or which are very expensive here in the UK).

Upon our return, it was noticed that a number of the items bought were beyond the best before date - some of which had best before dates of 2014. I think most of what we bought should be OK. We should have checked at the time, but I thought I'd post a message here to let others know just in case.
That would be the store named Goodings. Yes it has had it's fair share of heat when it comes to expired products. Not to mention that it is over priced. I'm surprised that it still exists.

BrerJon

Hi all

Sadly Goodings is well known for that - it's basically a trap for tourists who don't know what prices are like in the USA, so everything is super, super expensive, and food is regularly past it's best before date. This is well known by all locals who would never dream of going there, but sadly not many tourists are told this.

If you want a great American supermarket experience try to get to Publix by the Premium Outlets, great quality, good prices, and nothing past it's date!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. We'll steer clear of Goodings in the future. We had been there in the past, but this is the first time I recall all these issues.

As a matter of fact, we went to a Publix later on in the trip.

jimbo mack

I must be the only one who still likes Gooding's :( but must also admit it's not what it once was. Heading to the World May 2016. I'm intrigued about Publix, how does it compare to Gooding's in terms of store size and variety?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I must be the only one who still likes Gooding's :( but must also admit it's not what it once was. Heading to the World May 2016. I'm intrigued about Publix, how does it compare to Gooding's in terms of store size and variety?
I've never been to Goodlings. I have been to a few Publix markets in the area they're not bad. The super Walmarts aren't too bad either. There's also a Whole Foods in the area so I'm sure you'll find what you need

BrerJon

The Publix by the Premium Outlets is only five minutes drive away from Goodings but is much better. The store is larger, has more variety, lots of fresher produce, a bakery... as well as all the standard branded items. It's also a lot cheaper than Goodings, but is a much more pleasant shopping experience. Sadly too many tourists don't even know it's there though, and instead end up at Goodings or stuck in traffic for ages trying to get to Wal-Mart.

WhatJaneSays

Publix are going to generally be smaller than Gooding's but the selection is the same or better depending on what you’re looking for. If it’s just staple stuff like bread, milk, beverages, and cereal it might not be worth the extra trip. If you’re looking to do more of a grocery trip for deli or bakery things it’s WAY more worth it.

There are 3 Publix near property depending on where you’re staying. The one on Vineland (nearest to Disney Springs) and the one at Orange Lake (nearest to All Stars/AKL) are about the same, the one at Celebration (nearest to Pop/AoA) is bigger and has more specialty stuff like a Whole Foods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom