Forbidden Mountain in The Good Dinosaur

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
While looking at press art I noticed that Clawtooth mountain that is in the film has a similarity to a well known mountain in Central Florida with a few more peaks added to it...Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share....
an-unlikely-pair-in-disney-pixars-the-good-dinosaur-arlo.jpeg

uzlxto2kqgtptvjueokq.jpg

Last edited:

Oriolesmagic

It's quite obviously a way for them to tie-in the looming Mountain over Dinoland into a new TGD makeover, IF they decide to make it over at all. I think that was the hope, but with the movie not doing extremely well, it seems a bit more doubtful at this point.

Fox&Hound

It's quite obviously a way for them to tie-in the looming Mountain over Dinoland into a new TGD makeover, IF they decide to make it over at all. I think that was the hope, but with the movie not doing extremely well, it seems a bit more doubtful at this point.

I sadly agree. Unless it starts to sell tickets like crazy, I don't see it coming to AK in a big way. Word of mouth has been pretty bad, which is a shame, cause the movie is not awful, just a little underdeveloped....I'd take TGD over Chester and Hester's any day of the week.

How cool would it be to get an Arlo AA in DInoland who swings his tail and fireflies light up like in the movie?!? I always wondered why there were not more AA dinos spread throughout Dinoland that had slight movement. They could be in areas where they would just be viewed and not touched. Seems like it would be a cool feature in the land.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
How cool would it be to get an Arlo AA in DInoland who swings his tail and fireflies light up like in the movie?!? I always wondered why there were not more AA dinos spread throughout Dinoland that had slight movement. They could be in areas where they would just be viewed and not touched. Seems like it would be a cool feature in the land.

During the early years before C&H Dinorama was there it was a huge indoor tent called Dinosaur Jubilee....It had fossils of Dinos and a few of the AA's that were commonly used if they had a tour at a museum...http://www.parkeology.com/tag/dinosaur-jubilee
Restaurantosaurus-019.jpg

JohnD

Here's what USA Today has to say about it:

"The rough-and-tumble world of The Good Dinosaur came to life through animating a lot of what the filmmakers saw in places such as the Montana grasslands and Wyoming’s Snake River and Teton mountain ranges. Yet the Western motif found its way into its various critters, too, big and small."​

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I enjoyed The Good Dinosaur!! Obviously not amazing and outstanding. Not PIXAR's best. But.... It was good. It was cute. It was funny. It was a good movie... And knowing PIXAR, there really hasn't ever been a bad movie outside of Cars 2. I was shocked at how much I actually enjoyed the film based on all of the negative reviews I've read! It's probably in my top 10 list! CX

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom