Nintendo Revolution, Open Brainstorming

Chris82

Personally, I've always thought a truly defined storyline in a Smash Bros. game (I'm looking at you Brawl) would prove beneficial in an Adventure Mode-type setting. Why not ditch Master Core and come up with a baddie so bad, he makes Master Core and Taboo look like child's play?

Unfortunately, the only thing I could possibly think of at the moment is a beast created of all the world's fears and nightmares, but I feel like that's been done before.

Eventually you start getting into the Dragonball Z problem: "Ok, so the last villain blew up the entire universe. How do we get a villain who's even MORE powerful?"

tcool123

Btw Tcool instead of a HD remake of Super Mario RPG how about a sequel call Mario & Luigi: Revenge of Smithy?
The character are quite old, and outside from people who have played the game. It's kind of an obscure title to most people outside from the fact it's a Mario Game the rest of the characters (Geno, Mallow, The Smithys, etc.) have been gone for a long while, and will need a reintroduction so I think an HD remake could be in order followed by a sequel if it successful.

Just a heads up, I might change the roster for the Mario collection a third time. I'm not quite content with it just yet. I may omit Galaxy and 3D World and focus more on games that are less available to today's audience. Not sure yet. Thoughts?
I agree , but at the same time I'm not a hundred percent sure as some of those games by the time of this console's release wouldn't be a s available as the ones for 3DS and Wii U.

Just a thought....with the repurchase of Rare, it would make sense to include Donkey Kong 64 and the original Donkey Kong Country titles (perhaps the GBA versions) in the Virtual Console.

Generic monsters are great, too. Better yet, it doesn't even need to be a spookhouse. It could be the mansion of an eccentric theme park designer who has a bunch of old rides and animatronics lying around.
I think it would make sense to include them in the VC.

How about a combination of the two? The house is old, 'abandoned', and slightly haunted, but home to the theme park designer witht he rides and animatronics lying around. It could be a lot of fun. If this game were a hit perhaps a VC title allowing you to create your own park similar to RCT 1&2, but with rides and animatronics the inventor created.

The list of games planned are starting to seem big, and I don't know aboutyou guys, but I'm not sure at launch major titles should come out at launch. Perhaps divide it into three phases? Phase 1 being the Holiday Season/Launch, Phase 2 being Summer, and Phase 3 are titles littered throughout the year in Winter, Spring, and Fall. Along with one bigger wave near the anniversary of the console.

Flippin'Flounder

The list of games planned are starting to seem big, and I don't know aboutyou guys, but I'm not sure at launch major titles should come out at launch. Perhaps divide it into three phases? Phase 1 being the Holiday Season/Launch, Phase 2 being Summer, and Phase 3 are titles littered throughout the year in Winter, Spring, and Fall. Along with one bigger wave near the anniversary of the console.
I thought we were just making a general list of games. All of these definitely can't be launch titles.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm fine with dividing it into different phases! It seems logical. And yes, we were just making a general list of games and ideas for the time being. I'm loving the ideas for the haunted house game. We should also discuss Hero's Quest a bit more.

How about this for the Mario collection? I've omitted 3DS, Wii, and Wii U titles entirely. I would rather feature remade games that would be considered "retro" by the time of the console's release.

Cartridge One:

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
6. Donkey Kong (Unlockable)
7. Mario Bros. (Unlockable)

Cartridge Two:

8. Super Mario 64
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. Super Mario Sunshine
11. Yoshi's Story (Unlockable)
12. Super Wario Bros. (Unlockable)

Cartridge Three

13. New Super Mario Bros. Collection (A Masterful Compilation of All NSMB Games)
14. Super Mario Galaxy
15. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Unlockable)

As a tentative title, I'm thinking of Super Mario Classics, a compilation of remakes released in the anniversary year of Mario.

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

I'm fine with dividing it into different phases! It seems logical. And yes, we were just making a general list of games and ideas for the time being. I'm loving the ideas for the haunted house game. We should also discuss Hero's Quest a bit more.

How about this for the Mario collection? I've omitted 3DS, Wii, and Wii U titles entirely. I would rather feature remade games that would be considered "retro" by the time of the console's release.

Cartridge One:

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Super Mario World

Cartridge Two:

8. Super Mario 64
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. Super Mario Sunshine

Cartridge Three

13. New Super Mario Bros. Collection (A Masterful Compilation of All NSMB Games)
14. Paper Mario
15. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Unlockable)

I've omitted Super Mario RPG as it is a product of Square, not Nintendo.

As a tentative title, I'm thinking of Super Mario Classics, a compilation of remakes released in the anniversary year of Mario.
I think by the time this console comes out, the Galaxies will be retro. I would call Sunshine and Melee retro now, which are about the same time distance away.

tcool123

Cartridge One:

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Super Mario World

Cartridge Two:

8. Super Mario 64
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. Super Mario Sunshine

Cartridge Three

14. Super Mario Galaxy
15. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Unlockable)

I'm currently working on general move sets for the playable characters for Hero's Quest along with their names. Other things to note in Hero's Quest the stronger the attack the more Toy Points(TP) it'll cost. Similar to badges in Paper Mario there'll be pins with the same function (Pin Points, PP). Each level up for the main character will involve the choice of upgrading the MC's HP or PP, and TP for the overall party. There will be five different partners to use and swap around. There will be three types of moves Basic, Special, and Toy each one can be upgraded except for Toy Moves.

The list for Super Mario Classics looks fine,

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I think by the time this console comes out, the Galaxies will be retro. I would call Sunshine and Melee retro now, which are about the same time distance away.

Got it. I've taken the Paper games out in favor of the Galaxy games. Honestly, I feel more comfortable with it and it allows more flow from cartridge-to-cartridge. Also, Galaxy 2 has a satisfying finale. Players, having dealt with Bowser for nearly fourteen games prior send him falling into a black hole. Can't get any better than that.

Not sure how Amiibos would work, Roxas. I'm sure it would be controller based if anything.

On another note, New Super Mario Bros. Collection would be a compilation game featuring the best of the best levels and scenarios from all four New Super Mario Bros. titles, as including all said titles side-by-side might seem a bit redundant, especially with the remade classic sidescrollers on Cartridge One. That being said, here is my rough pitch for the collection game.

===============================================

The remake collection begins with the charming music box theme of Yoshi's Island, accompanied by text. "Mario and Luigi, having just defeated King Bowser and King Boo in their own personal adventures have just settled down for a well-deserved nap." As it appears, Mario and Luigi are fast asleep in their small home. Mario dreams of spaghetti and meatballs, whilst Luigi dreams of Boos chasing him around. "For once, all was well in the Mushroom Kingdom until..." A pair of Toads burst into the room, startling Luigi awake. "MARIO!!!! LUIGI!!!! We need your help again!" Mario does not stir. The Toads settle. "Is he OK?" Luigi mutters something in Italian to the Toad. "Dreaming of meatballs, eh? Watch this!" The Toad jumps up and down on top of Mario. "M...A...R...I...O! WAKE UP!" Mario slowly wakes up. Mario mutters some sleepy Italian. "Mario! The Princess is missing...again!" Mario nods as if to say yes, falling back asleep. Suddenly, he realizes what he has heard, startling back awake. "Read this!" Mario is handed a postcard. On the postcard we see an image of Bowser clutching Peach in a small birdcage. Text on the back reads "MWAHAHA! Princess Peach is all mine! If you ever want to see your beloved toadstool again, the Koopalings and I are keeping her safe on Memory Island. She's all yours if you can survive the trials of the island! MWAHAHA! Best of regards - King Bowser." Naturally, Mario and Luigi panic and peel off their pajamas, already dressed in their normal attire. A pipe rises up from the floorboards and our four heroes jump inside.

The same pipe rises up along the shores of Memory Island. As our heroes emerge, they are greeted by Captain Toad, intrepid explorer and treasure hunter examining a large statute of Yoshi. He is startled by their arrival. "Mario? Luigi? Cousin Toad? ...Other Cousin Toad? What are you doing here?" Mario explains in Italian. "Bowser? Here? Uh-oh. Have you heard of what happens to those who enter Memory Island?" The brothers share a confused glance. "Memory Island is inhabited by adventures of the past! The moment you step foot past the shore, you'll enter areas you've explored in the past!" The brothers shrug once more. "Ugh...Memory Island is filled with the best levels from the New Super Mario Bros. series! Good grief." Now the brothers understand. "Anyways...you gotta save Princess Peach! Perhaps Bowser is in that big scary castle that recently appeared on the top of Mt. Memory! I'll assist in anyway I can! Get to it!" The brothers and Toads run into the foggy abyss of the island, Captain Toad waving goodbye. The camera fades to black, but not before giving us a shot of Mt. Memory, a massive volcano surrounded by ominous airships and topped by a mishmash of every final Bowser's Castle from the series. Bowser's theme from Super Mario 64 plays, backed by his infamous chuckle.

===============================================

Thoughts? True, it does sound like the opening to a new game, but it literally knocks out all of an entire series by putting them into one mega game. There are eight worlds to complete, each world themed to a different setting: Grassland, Desert, Ocean, Jungle, Glacier, Mountain, Sky, and Volcano. Each world contains levels compiled from each of the four major New Super Mario Bros. Three varieties of Toad Houses are featured, each manned by Captain Toad who will offer a prize based on the color of the house via completion of various mini-games; Green (1-up) Red (Power-ups), Yellow (Coins). Midway through each world, a fort is manned by a Koopaling who is given additional powers from Kamek who flies in and out of the room prior to combat. At the end of each world is a castle manned by a small average enemy. Kamek flies in prior to battle and morphs the enemy into a much larger version of itself. The bosses are taken directly from the original New Super Mario Bros.

World 1: Bowser
World 2: Mummipokey
World 3: Cheepskipper
World 4: Petey Piranha
World 5: Mega Goomba
World 6: Monty Tank
World 7: Lakithunder
World 8: Dry Bowser

Midway through the game, airships and ghost houses start to play part in the worlds, the airships manned by either Bowser Jr. or a Boom Boom. Power-ups vary from world-to-world, depending on levels that require their use.

- Super Mushroom
- Fire Flower
- Ice Flower
- Starman
- Blue Shell
- Mini Mushroom
- Mega Mushroom
- Penguin Suit
- Super Leaf (Raccoon Mario)
- Gold Flower
- Super Acorn
- White Tanooki Suit

Thoughts? I could go on about this idea all day.

Also, love everything for Hero's Quest.

Twilight_Roxas

Lets say with Hero's Quest for example if it uses Amiibos like for the main character if Tcool puts a Zelda amiibo on the controller the main character would wear a Zelda costume from either OoT, TP or HW along with a toy rapier resembling the one from Twilight Princess. But I'll see what Tcool saids about it.

tcool123

Lets say with Hero's Quest for example if it uses Amiibos like for the main character if Tcool puts a Zelda amiibo on the controller the main character would wear a Zelda costume from either OoT, TP or HW along with a toy rapier resembling the one from Twilight Princess. But I'll see what Tcool saids about it.
Sorry I don't like the idea that much I rather have the first installment stand out more from other Nintendo games with the only possible Nintendo reference with these characters being in Smash Brothers. Either as playable, assist, trophies, or in the background of a stage.

Hero's Quest Movesets & Names

Pierina (Main Character)(Music Box Porcelain Ballerina)(10 HP – 80 Hp)
  • Basic Attack – Kick ... 0 TP, 1 – 3 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – Double Kick ... 1 TP, 2 Damage Points per Hit (Up to 2)
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Spin Kick ... 3 TP, 5 – 6 Damage Points, 85% Dizziness
  • Special Attack – Wooden Sword ... 0 TP, 2 – 4 Damage Points
  • Advanced Special Attack – Porcelain Sword ... 2 TP, 5 – 6 Damage Points, 25% Shatter
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Rose Sword ... 4 TP, 7 – 8 Damage Points, 100% Poison
  • Toy Attack – Healing Song ... 2 TP, Heals Party, 10 HP
Sprinster (World 1)(Frog Pop-Up Toy) (10 HP – 65 HP)
  • Basic Attack – Jump ... 0 TP, 1 – 2 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – High Jump ... 0 TP, 2 – 4 Damage Points
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Suction Jump ... 2 TP, 4 – 6 Damage Points, 50% Slow Down
  • Special Attack – Lick ... 1 TP, 2 Damage Points, 15% Stun
  • Advanced Special Attack – Vivacious Lick ... 2 TP, 2 - 4 Damage Points, 25% Stun
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Jaunty Lick ... 3 TP, 5 Damage Points, 25 - 100% Stun
  • Toy Attack – Analyze ... 0 TP, Analyzes Enemies
Fort (World 2)(Rock Armadillo Toy)(20 HP – 100 HP)(2 Defense Points)
  • Basic Attack – Roll ... 0 TP, 2 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – Roll-a-Rang ... 1 TP, 2 Damage Points per Hit (Up to 4)
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Boom Roll ... 6 TP, 8 - 10 Damage Points, All, 100% Chill Down
  • Special Attack – Strengthen ... 0 TP, 0 Damage Points, +1 DP
  • Advanced Special Attack – Sandy Shield ... 2 TP, 2 Damage Points, +1 DP
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Steel Coating ... 6 TP, 0 Damage Points, +5 DP
  • Toy Attack – Go First ... 0 TP, Main target for all attack
The Mum – World 3 (Russian Nesting Doll) (30 HP – 75 HP) (2 Defense Points)
  • Basic Attack – Stomp ... 0 TP, 3 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – Multi Stomp ... 3 TP, 2 Damage Points per Hit (Up to 5)
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Quake ... 5 TP, 8 Damage Points, All, 75% Stun
  • Special Attack – Lullaby ... 0 TP, 1 Damage Point, 15% Sleep
  • Advanced Special Attack – Operatic Belt ... 2 TP, 4 Damage Points, 50% Stun
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Motherly Love ... 4 TP, 5 Damage Points, 100% Sleep
  • Toy Attack – Swap ... 2 TP, Swamps out for another ally during battle
Charge – World 4 (Electric Motorcycle Toy) (25 HP – 50 HP)
  • Basic Attack – Run ... 0 TP, 4 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – Slide ... 4 TP, 7 Damage Points
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Wheelie ... 12 TP, 10 Damage Points per Hit (Up to 3)
  • Special Attack – Shocker ... 0 TP, 2 Damage Points, 25% Stun
  • Advanced Special Attack – After Shock ... 6 TP, 10 Damage Points 15% Stun
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Phantom Shock ... 15 TP, 20 Damage Points, 75% Stun
  • Toy Attack – Boost ... 2 TP, +2 Damage Points +2 Speed Points
Venge – World 5 (Cyborg Action Figure Toy) (45 HP – 80 HP)
  • Basic Attack – Punch ... 0 TP, 4 Damage Points
  • Advanced Basic Attack – Double Punch ... 1 TP, 2 Damage Points per Hit (Up to 4)
  • Ultimate Basic Attack – Iron Fist ... 6 TP, 10 Damage Points, 100%Stun
  • Special Attack – Beam ... 0 TP, 3 Damage Points
  • Advanced Special Attack – Ray ... 2 TP, 5 Damage Points, 15% Shatter
  • Ultimate Special Attack – Stun Ray ... 4 TP, 8 Damage Points, 100% Stun
  • Toy Attack – Mega Canon ... 35 TP, 45 Damage Points, 1/2 HP, 100% Chill Down
At the start of the journey there will be 5 TP off the bat. Over time TP will become available to be 50 for the whole party. Sidenote there will be six "worlds" in total. World 1 - The Village (Play Set by Girl's Side of Room), World 2 - Rocky Heights(Playset Dresser/Closest), World 3 - Youngin' Skies(Play Set by Baby's Side of Room), World 4 - Elec City(Play Set near a TV an Nintendo Revolution), World 5 - Forbidden Valley (Under Boy's Bed), World 6 - Invader's Paradise (Center of the Room/Doorway).

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Not what I kinda meant. Plus the amiibos could be use for other things. Just suggesting that using Amiibos to unlock new costumes for the heroes unless counting a Pierina amiibo that unlocks a mii fighter costume of Pierina for Super Smash Bros. Revolution.

mharrington

As promised, here's another idea of mine involving Disney. This, too, involves a remake. Only it's not just a remake of one game, but a whole game series. This is a series known as "Mickey and Friends' Magical Quests"! Similar to Super Mario Classics' setup, this is a compilation of all the previous Magical Quest games of the past:

-The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
-The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey Mouse (AKA Magical Quest 2 Starring Mickey and Minnie)
-Magical Quest 3 Starring Mickey and Donald

In the case of the first game in the series, the changes from the Super Nintendo to the Game Boy Advance are in place here, which means that Minnie Mouse can be a playable character in this game. And in the original version of the third game, Huey, Dewey and Louie's respective colors had been erroneously mixed up (Huey wears blue, Dewey green and Louie red). But for this remake, the color schemes will have been corrected. Also, similar to the remade Castle of Illusion game, the games will now be 2.5D versions of the games.

But now, what of this new fourth game in the series? As in the previous games, Mickey is accompanied by another character. In this case, it's Goofy. The basic plot would involve Pete stealing colors from Mickey's town to liven up his drab castle. Mickey and Goofy head off to stop Pete and return the colors! As in all the games, they have the ability to grab at colored blocks with the Mickey head on them and throw them at enemies. They can also jump on some enemies' heads and stun them, then use them as weapons by throwing them like the blocks. And most of all, as in the other games, Mickey and Goofy have the ability to dress in costumes. Does anyone have any ideas for costumes? For reference, here's a list of the other games' costumes:

MAGICAL QUEST 1
-Wizard
-Fireman
-Mountaineer

MAGICAL QUEST 2
-Sweeper
-Safari
-Cowboy

MAGICAL QUEST 3
-Knight
-Woodsman
-Magician

So what can be done about the fourth game's costumes? The only one I can think of are pirate costumes. Mickey would wield a sword (probably a wooden one) while Goofy packs a mean pistol that fires pistols. What other costumes can there be, though?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Love the Mickey games! Love Hero's Quest! Hero's Quest sounds like it has the potential to be an extremely memorable RPG, I can't wait to hear more in regards to it. It just gets better and better.

Each World will have a name in New Super Mario Bros. Collection.

World 1: Mushroom Flats (Mid-Boss: Lemmy Koopa, Boss: Bowser)
World 2: Desert of Despair (Mid-Boss: Morton Koopa Jr., Boss: Mummipokey)
World 3: Blue Lagoon (Mid-Boss: Larry Koopa, Airship Boss: Bowser Jr., Boss: Cheepskipper)
World 4: Carnivorous Jungle (Mid-Boss: Iggy Koopa, Airship Boss: Boom Boom, Boss: Petey Piranha)
World 5: Icicle Point (Mid-Boss: Wendy O. Koopa, Airship Boss: Boom Boom, Boss: Mega Goomba)
World 6: Rocky Ridge (Mid-Boss: Roy Koopa, Airship Boss: Boom Boom, Boss: Monty Tank)
World 7: Kingdom in the Clouds (Mid-Boss: Ludwig Von Koopa, Airship Boss: Boom Boom, Boss: Lakithunder)
World 8: Mt. Memory (Mid-Boss: Boom Boom, Mid-Boss: Kamek, Airship Boss: Bowser Jr., Boss: Dry Bowser & Bowser)

Twilight_Roxas

So I thought of a collection series along with a new adventure. I'll start with the collection first.

Kirby Star Collection is a compilation of Kirby's adventures from the Game Boy to the Wii U.

Cartridge One: Game Boy to Super Nintendo
Kirby Dreamland (Game Boy: 1992)
Kirby's Adventure (Nes: 1993)
Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Game Boy: 1994)
Kirby's Dreamland 3 (Super Nintendo : 1997)

Cartridge Two: N64 to GCN/GBA
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64: 2000)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (Game Boy Advance: 2002)
Kirby Air Ride (Gamecube: 2003)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (Game Boy Advance: 2004)
Metaknightmare 64 (unlockable)

Cartridge Three DS to Wii U
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS: 2005)
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS: 2006)
Kirby: Superstar Ultra (DS: 2008)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii: 2010)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS: 2011)
Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii: 2011)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS: 2014)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U: 2015)
Metaknightmare: Prologue (Unlockable)
Future Kirby game demo

mharrington

Love the Mickey games!

Thank you. But what other costumes can there be? I already mention pirate costumes, but what else? One thing I was thinking about was painter costumes. Similar to Epic Mickey, Mickey and Goofy would fire blasts of paint at enemies that somehow affects them in multiple ways. I don't know how, though. Can you provide some ideas?

Twilight_Roxas

Thank you. But what other costumes can there be? I already mention pirate costumes, but what else? One thing I was thinking about was painter costumes. Similar to Epic Mickey, Mickey and Goofy would fire blasts of paint at enemies that somehow affects them in multiple ways. I don't know how, though. Can you provide some ideas?
Sounds more like a Epic Mickey sequel of Magical Quest, but with Goofy instead of Oswald.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom