The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

catmom46

Just wanted to post some more pics of our day at Disneyland last week. Goofy's Kitchen was just OK, definitely not worth $38.99 for adults. Although I thought $22.99 for kids was totally worth it for the character interaction. We were seated at one end of the restaurant, near the exit that the characters would go through frequently, so we saw them a lot, but each character only came by once to our table. And it was only Pluto, Minnie, Chip, and Dale. After you check in, you get to meet Goofy and take pics with him, which my daughter loved.

IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

My dinner plate of all brown or beige food. :D Fried chicken and chicken nuggets were pretty tasty. Everything else was decent. There were other items that looked good, but I was already full after this plate.
IMG_0639.JPG

DD absolutely LOVED the popcorn shrimp! Mac & cheese was good, too.
IMG_0640.jpg

My dessert plate. My favorites were the bread pudding, creme brûlée, brownie, and cookies & cream tart. The strawberry thing was too sweet, the pear tart was decent, the lemon tart was good if you really like lemon, and the chocolate rice krispies treat had a weird taste.
IMG_0667.JPG

catmom46

And finally, some pics of our hotel room that night. We stayed at the Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center. The room was only 6,000 points & $75 plus tax (regular rate was $199 for 2 queens), underground parking $16 plus tax. Lots of space with a separate sitting area. Also, free hot breakfast, which included scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, bagels, donuts, coffee, juice, milk, cereals, fruit. Located about a mile away from DLR.

IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
We haven't been since June of '10, but, definitely plan on getting back someday in the not-too-distant future.
I'd definitely like to combine it with other destinations in California, especially a trip up to No Cal and the Disney Family Museum. :)
That sounds like it would be an amazing road trip. Sometime in the distant future we're hoping to do one up the coast of California.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha! She made use of her new found freedom. I never take Walt off the property without a leash and he doesn't leave property. Even out back that is fenced if the gate is open he doesn't leave. He has been real strange the last few nights. And yes, he woke me again last night at 12:30am. I went to sleep early after two nights of stupid sleep and up 2 hours later.
Poor Walt is lonely maybe he just needs a little playmate:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ohh, sorry. Missed this. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Phil and I did a quiet one, just ourselves because he has serious road rage and I kind of didn't want to put up listening to him scream for an entire hour driving to his family's house. So it went a little something like this:
View attachment 121565 View attachment 121566 View attachment 121567 View attachment 121568 View attachment 121569 View attachment 121570
I'm so happy both of you had a nice quiet holiday. Was that wine in the yummy looking picture or did you go with a sparkling cider? My money is on wine:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ohh, sorry. Missed this. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. Phil and I did a quiet one, just ourselves because he has serious road rage and I kind of didn't want to put up listening to him scream for an entire hour driving to his family's house. So it went a little something like this:
View attachment 121565 View attachment 121566 View attachment 121567 View attachment 121568 View attachment 121569 View attachment 121570

That's really attractive how you set up the votive candles and small pumpkins, etc. on the table, alongside the food which looked so appetizing!! :hungry: The softer lighting in the room gave your photos a cozy feeling. Sometimes, the best holiday dinners are the quiet ones at home. Glad that you and Phil had a relaxing, enjoyable day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@catmom46 , the pictures of Goofy's Kitchen were so cute!! I'm happy that your daughter got to meet Goofy and the other characters. As you are a mother, I know that you'll cherish these memories of the two of you, in happy times. It's great that you had your camera with you to take pictures. As for the food, my favorite was the dessert plate you had--I love an assortment of delicious, calorie-laden sweeties!!! :inlove:

Isn't it amazing how much cheaper you can get a nice hotel room and a full (buffet) breakfast when you stay off-site--even just a mile away? So glad this all worked out nicely for you and your daughter. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MR FERRET , when I've watched the old Christmas movies about Scrooge, etc., (and his clerk -- Bob Cratchitt's) family, always gets excited about the Christmas meal (goose), but also they love the "pudding". Is pudding on Christmas still something nowadays that the British people have for dessert? (I assume it's probably plum pudding.) I've always been curious about that, as I find international holiday food customs interesting. :)

French Quarter

Nerd humor...
12307574_10156501690220144_6289835726641553231_o.jpg

Saw this today on FB and laughed and laughed and laughed. I love it! Thanks for sharing. (I laughed and laughed again.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom