League of Dreamers: Brainstorming Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
The Adventuer's Club is a NO BRAINER here, now that you mention it. Let's keep the restaurant ideal so it can count as one of our required eatries for the challenge.
That sounds perfect!

Adventuer's club fits like a glove...I'm really liking where this is going...if we can have a solid foundation laid by Wednesday...we can divide up and conquer the work by Saturday

mickeyfan5534

I say we do either Tarzan or Jungle Book for the show, looking at the way @DisneyManOne phrased it he did tell us only to stick to the three animated jungle movies. That being said, we could take a less classical approach and make it similar to Festival of the Lion King. In the round, focused on live performers more than characters and just make a celebration of the film rather than adapt it straight.

Flippin'Flounder

I say we do either Tarzan or Jungle Book for the show, looking at the way @DisneyManOne phrased it he did tell us only to stick to the three animated jungle movies. That being said, we could take a less classical approach and make it similar to Festival of the Lion King. In the round, focused on live performers more than characters and just make a celebration of the film rather than adapt it straight.
I think it would be awesome to do Jungle Book like that. I think that would be the best, since there has alter been Journey into the Jungle Book.

mickeyfan5534

I don't think Jungle Book needs to match the SEA theme. Although, I do like the idea of connecting the mansion to the entire land. Perhaps we could make it a reclaimed-by-nature theater where performances by natives happened and we're looking back in time to a performance?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I don't think Jungle Book needs to match the SEA theme. Although, I do like the idea of connecting the mansion to the entire land. Perhaps we could make it a reclaimed-by-nature theater where performances by natives happened and we're looking back in time to a performance?

That could work! We're really getting somewhere here!

spacemt354

Chili's
Alright so we should really try to nail down our overall concept and then split the workload because the Saturday due date will sneak up on us.

I'd suggest we revolve the land around this concept...and then radiate out from this basic plot. It's very unique will ensure a different spin on Adventureland as a whole. And it also seems like we are going with a Jungle Gardens type attraction too.
So, this could be incredibly interesting. Just an idea I'd like to throw out quickly before we get into anything too serious.

What if we tied this land around the Jungle Cruise? What I'm proposing is that our Adventureland take place in the 1950s. The Jungle Cruise, which, in our universe, ran from 1919 to 1936, has shuttered its doors as a result of the Great Depression/ World War II, leaving the rather sizable chunk of land seated oh so perfectly in a basin in central Africa abandoned for about 20+ years. The jungle has reclaimed much of the land, leaving only shades of what this sprawling complex dedicated to exploration and discovery once was. Oh my god I'd love to see an abandoned Jungle Cruise dock with half-sunken ships. That could be incredible. Perhaps an attraction of sort could go there. A walkthrough? Perhaps part of the queue for HM?

This Haunted Mansion ride sounds solid as well...and you've got a really good grasp on it so maybe you could take this attraction?
For the Haunted Mansion, maybe the queue can go through the Jungle Gardens before leading directly into the Mansion preshow.

I think the Haunted Mansion backstory should go something like this:

Mr. Sage (Sage is French, the official language of the Congo, for wise.) was once the proud owner of the Jungle Cruise company. Every day, countless tourists would board his company boats to go on tours to explore the beautiful Congo rain forest. Unfortunately for Mr. Sage, the nature spirits of the Congo didn't like his business all too well. One night, the spirits warned Mr. Sage to stop sending guests into the rain forests and leave them and the creatures of the forest free from observation. In an act of arrogance, Mr. Sage refused, wanting to keep his business afloat. The spirits got angry at him, and poor Mr. Sage was sent flying out the manor window into the river below, into the mouths of two hungry crocodiles. The spirits, in an act of revenge, continue to haunt his former manor, now falling into disrepair, before unknowing tourists (park guests) enter the halls of the mansion.

For the show...seems like we've gravitated towards Jungle Book, which is fine by me. I'm not actually too familiar with it other than the basic plot and disney film I saw years ago...so someone with more experience in this field might be better suited for it.

Also as additional themes we talked about SEA references and Adventures Club...and also Dole Whip!

One thing we don't seem to have a lock on is pirates...PotC is easily in my top 10 favorite attractions, so I wouldn't mind coming up with something for that. Fri or Sat I could try to get some concept art for it (and we have Red too which is a huge plus in the art department!)

Anyways...just wanted to summarize what we got so far to make it easier to decide what to add and so forth.

mickeyfan5534

I think most of us have agreed to The Jungle Book in the style of Festival of the Lion King. Perhaps we can connect each land to a SEA member with a little alcove with some information about the connected member as a little surprise.

mickeyfan5534

I've gotten to thinking about the Jungle Book show in between finals. I like thinking about the idea of having a lot of Indian inspired motifs in the music and the costumes, a la the Jungle Book segment in Mickey and the Wonderous Book (at around 4 minutes)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom