Favorite Concept Art

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I love concept art. Share some of your favorites here! :) Even if that concept art never came to be. Official or unofficial..

My personal favorites..

worldshowcase_venezuela.jpg

EPCOT - Venezuela

ak+everest+2.jpg

AK - Expedition Everest

ak+dinos+7.jpg

excavtormetalconcept.jpg

AK - The Excavator (coaster in the background)

belledream

beauty-and-the-beast-fantasyland-concept-art.jpg

Love this one of Maurice's cottage and the Beast's Castle. Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite and the colors in this piece are just so pretty! I want this in my house. :D

Figments Friend

Herb has some incredible pieces of concept art that are true museum pieces.
A lot of the early EPCOT Center concept art is just awesome.

I also really like a lot of Dan Goozee's work.
Most fans here will likely remember his charming concept painting for Disneyland's 'Splash Mountain' in the mid 80's -

Dan also painted this scenic design, 'Adventure Isle' for EuroDisney/Disneyland Paris -

I also like Bryan Jowers famous 'triple attraction' concept for DLs 'Indiana Jones Adventure', which at one point included a thrilling Mine Car track coaster ride ala 'Temple of Doom', the fantastic Troop Transport experience eventually built, and a extension of the 'Jungle Cruise' that brought the boats into the massive show building.
Bryan painted this absolutely stunning concept incorporating all three under one roof.

I would say however that my absolute favorite concept painting is Tony Baxter's beautifully painted design for 'Discovery Bay'.
Done in 1974, it still amazes me when i view it that he was able to cram in SO much detail ...and with watercolors!
A medium so difficult to control on paper as anyone who has worked with watercolors knows.

Love this piece -

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom