Magic Band for Infant

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
I just booked my trip and went into MDE to customize our magic bands. My 22 month old (listed simply as infant) on the reservation has the same customize magic band stuff as everyone else. I successfully changed her gray band to a pink one. Will she actually get one? My understanding was that only ticketed guests got one. Thanks! (I'm hoping she does since I'm sure she will want one just like her big sister).

Tom

Beta Return
We stayed at POR and GF a couple weeks ago, both with reservations including our 1-year old. He did not receive a Magic Band for either reservation, and the front desk people said it's "hit and miss", but that they definitely don't need one since they don't have tickets, can't open hotel doors and can't use the DDP.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
We stayed at POR and GF a couple weeks ago, both with reservations including our 1-year old. He did not receive a Magic Band for either reservation, and the front desk people said it's "hit and miss", but that they definitely don't need one since they don't have tickets, can't open hotel doors and can't use the DDP.
Very odd. I'd think something like that would have to be consistent. Did you happen to ask for one? Knowing my kids if my 3 year old has one and my almost 2 year old doesn't, there may be tears. I wonder if they'd give you one on request in this situation.

WillCAD

It doesn't have anything to do with whether the Guest has a ticket or not, nor even whether they're in your F&F list in MDX - it has to do with whether they're listed on the resort/package reservation.

Anyone listed on the reservation will get a MagicBand. If you list your little one on the reservation, but you didn't list them in your MDX account, then they wouldn't get the opportunity to customize the MagicBand, but they'd have a gray one waiting when you check in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom