Nintendo Revolution, Open Brainstorming

Twilight_Roxas

What's wrong with having all 5 Mickey voices unless there's a way the 2013 Mickey appears in the game in one of the stages to help his past selves fight Pete.

mharrington

What's wrong with having all 5 Mickey voices unless there's a way the 2013 Mickey appears in the game in one of the stages to help his past selves fight Pete.

Nothing really wrong per se, but I don't want the game to just keep going and going and going. If I included all of your ideas, it would never end. And besides, Mickey will already be contending with a giant in this game (namely, Willie in the Mickey and the Beanstalk level).

tcool123

So cut Mewtwo, and Cloud too?
In Mewtwo's (and Roy's) case, yes everyone likes their veterans but when they go they go you have to evolve. Cloud was more on the markting side on things, but yes cut him as well.
Dr.Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit should return, but as alternate costumes for Mario, Marth, and Pit.
I think Lucas could be an Alt costume as well. We should definitely add Inklings from Splatoon.
I forgot to mention alt.costumes, but yes those will work. I completely agree with an Inkling appearing.
The female inkling should be the main while the male inkling could be a alternate costume.
Agreed.
I would keep Mewtwo, but that's just my opinion. I love the Pokemon Fun thing! If I may make a suggestion, I would include Pokemon Stadium 2 as well as Stadium 1. Maybe find a way to mix the two together. Both are equally great and equally nostalgic.

I agree with you entirely, @The90skid, and that is truly the entire reason why I came up with this thread. I truly miss the days of games that could captivate and appeal to the imagination and heart of all ages. It's truly the inspiration behind my collection of Mario remakes. The old Mario games (not to mention recent titles like both Galaxy games and 3D World) have extremely simple plots but such a captivating concept: An Italian plumber's girlfriend is kidnapped by a giant fire-breathing turtle. Boom. Inter-generational storytelling at its finest. I believe that Hero's Quest, suggested by tcool could have the potential to capture that same essence.

Speaking of, how would you feel if Hero's Quest was an RPG about toys? Like, keep the same plot, but shrink it down into a world of knickknacks and giant furniture. Have the hero be a ballerina doll who goes on a quest to rescue her toy soldier s.o. who was kidnapped by "aliens" which are also toys. You have an endless realm of creative opportunities when your game's setting is shrunk down to Lego-size, especially when your central characters are weird misfits.

Another game idea; a couple of kids are casually playing baseball at the park. The batter hits a home run, sending the ball flying through the window of an old house on a nearby hill. As many urban legends and rumors exist in regards to the house, the other kids force the batter to retrieve his fly ball. The boy sneaks in through the broken window, only to discover the ball is nowhere to be found. Not only that, the house is littered with paranormal creatures of every kind. Thus begins an epic search for the missing ball where the hero whacks the paranormal enemies with his baseball bat and encounters challenging puzzles throughout. Finally, the batter discovers that the ball is being used as a gear in a large machine alongside hundreds of other missing toys and sports equipment thrown into the house over the years. As it turns out, the home is inhabited by an inventor who creates complex Halloween costumes and props from the various toys left in his yard and inside his house, explaining the various enemies and spooky settings. Just as the inventor prepares to remove the ball and return it, the machine gets a mind of its own and engages in battle. In the finale, the house is destroyed, as is the machine which explodes into a shower of toys. The boy finally retrieves the ball and resumes the game, resulting in his teammates shouting "What took you so long? Were you playing a video game or something?" The inventor disappears into thin air, perhaps hinting that there was paranormal activity after all.
A RPG about toys sounds interesting. So sure I think it would be fun, and got me thinking on some of the moves for the central character, and others.

Sounds a bit like a combination of Luigi's Mansion and Yokai Watch. I like it, but I would change Halloween to monsters since Halloween imo isn't major everywhere, and some people detest Halloween. So in theory the monsters theme will have a wider audience.

For the new Smash Bros. game, since the previous game now has Pac-Man, I would like to include another Namco character: Taizo Hori, AKA Dig Dug! Also...

Anyway, that's the basic gist of it. Next time, I will get to other Disney games for this new system.
I don't know has Dig Dug been on any Nintendo console?

I know your posting Nintendo Disney ideas, but I have a few too.
  • LEGO Toy Story - Set in the main quadlogy of Toy Story players will get to play as their favorite toys in levels based on all four films. DLC will include a Holidays Pack (Characters from the Two Specials), and a Space Ranger Pack (Characters from the Buzz Lightyear Show)
  • LEGO Pixar Worlds - Taking a cue from the previous idea this LEGO game will take three popular Pixar movies, and convert them into playable levels. Those three movies being Cars, Monseter's University, and The Incredibles. With DLC consisting of a Toy Pack (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and Bo Peep), and an Inside Out Pack (Joy, Disgust, Fear, Sadness, and Anger)
Updated Pokemon Fun Collection
  • HD Remakes -
    • Pokemon Snap
    • Pokemon Puzzle League
    • Pokemon Stadium Remastered
      • Involving all the Pokemon from Generations 1 and 2, all previous mini-games will return along, and all the gym leaders will return following the order in Gold and Silver. This game will include the Pokemon School from the second entry, and connectivity to Pokemon GO, and other future entries in the Pokemon lineup.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Just a thought....with the repurchase of Rare, it would make sense to include Donkey Kong 64 and the original Donkey Kong Country titles (perhaps the GBA versions) in the Virtual Console.

Generic monsters are great, too. Better yet, it doesn't even need to be a spookhouse. It could be the mansion of an eccentric theme park designer who has a bunch of old rides and animatronics lying around.

Twilight_Roxas

Well in the stage were Mickey calls upon his past selves to fight Pete before the official final fight should there be a eleventh pencil that summons his future self from the 2013 shorts to knock Pete out?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
So, for all you Mario fans out there, what would you like to see done to the classic games? Aside from the HD remastering, of course. After some careful editing, I've created a three-cartridge set that includes the following titles.

Cartridge One:

Super Mario Bros. (Mixed with elements of the Lost Levels)
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (In regards to HD, it is remastered in HD; however, its coloring book art-style is retained)

Unlockable Content:

Retro Mode: Returns Games to Original Graphical Style (8-bit/16-bit)
Mario Bros. Arcade: This commercial sums it up perfectly.
Donkey Kong Arcade: The one that started it all.

Cartridge Two:

Super Mario 64
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy (I've decided to port this as well. Elements and worlds from Super Mario Galaxy 2 are mixed in, making it a MEGA GAME. This cartridge is the biggest and most memory-filled of the bunch)

Unlockable Content:

64 Mode: Returns Super Mario 64 to 64-bit Goodness
Super Wario Bros: A 16-bit platform adventure where Wario and Waluigi go on a quest to save their "mommy" (a woman who looks like Wario) from the evil King Garlic. The game only has ten levels, and is mostly a farce.

Cartridge Three:

New Super Mario Bros. (Mixed with elements of New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Mixed with elements of New Super Mario Bros. U)
Super Mario 3D World

Unlockable Content:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mini-Game Mayhem: A collection of fun Mario-themed mini-games.

The90skid

As long as ya'll bring back some open world, 3D platformers, I will be happy! And no, Super Mario Galaxy does not count; that game is way too linear. I want freedom in a Nintendo game again!

mharrington

So, for all you Mario fans out there, what would you like to see done to the classic games? Aside from the HD remastering, of course. After some careful editing, I've created a three-cartridge set that includes the following titles.

Cartridge One:

Super Mario Bros. (Mixed with elements of the Lost Levels)
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (In regards to HD, it is remastered in HD; however, its coloring book art-style is retained)

Unlockable Content:

Retro Mode: Returns Games to Original Graphical Style (8-bit/16-bit)
Mario Bros. Arcade: This commercial sums it up perfectly.
Donkey Kong Arcade: The one that started it all.

Cartridge Two:

Super Mario 64
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy (I've decided to port this as well. Elements and worlds from Super Mario Galaxy 2 are mixed in, making it a MEGA GAME. This cartridge is the biggest and most memory-filled of the bunch)

Unlockable Content:

64 Mode: Returns Super Mario 64 to 64-bit Goodness
Super Wario Bros: A 16-bit platform adventure where Wario and Waluigi go on a quest to save their "mommy" (a woman who looks like Wario) from the evil King Garlic. The game only has ten levels, and is mostly a farce.

Cartridge Three:

New Super Mario Bros. (Mixed with elements of New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Mixed with elements of New Super Mario Bros. U)
Super Mario 3D World

Unlockable Content:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mini-Game Mayhem: A collection of fun Mario-themed mini-games.

Since you mentioned doing things to the classic games, I would like to propose one idea to start with: the inclusion in Mario Bros. 1 and 3 and World of the Ice Flower to go along with the Fire Flower. This flower would allow Mario and Luigi to create spurts of ice to encase enemies in solid ice blocks, after which they can be used to slide into other enemies, a la the Koopa shell. You can also temporarily stop the rotating firebars in the castles and also permanently douse the lava bubbles and Bowser's fire bursts with this

The90skid

Since you mentioned doing things to the classic games, I would like to propose one idea to start with: the inclusion in Mario Bros. 1 and 3 and World of the Ice Flower to go along with the Fire Flower. This flower would allow Mario and Luigi to create spurts of ice to encase enemies in solid ice blocks, after which they can be used to slide into other enemies, a la the Koopa shell. You can also temporarily stop the rotating firebars in the castles and also permanently douse the lava bubbles and Bowser's fire bursts with this
So you mean this?
ice_mario.png

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yes! Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, but to me at least, it is not the true successor to 64. 64 is and always will be the best 3D Mario game. Hopefully our Mario game and Banjo-Kazooie 3 can bring back the classic 3D platformer to a modern audience.

I would like to propose one idea to start with: the inclusion in Mario Bros. 1 and 3 and World of the Ice Flower to go along with the Fire Flower. This flower would allow Mario and Luigi to create spurts of ice to encase enemies in solid ice blocks, after which they can be used to slide into other enemies, a la the Koopa shell. You can also temporarily stop the rotating firebars in the castles and also permanently douse the lava bubbles and Bowser's fire bursts with this

The Ice Flower will definitely be added! One thing I would like to do for sure is to upgrade the amount and variety of power-ups in the retro games, such as upgrading Yoshi in Super Mario World to being able to shoot projectile eggs and flutter jump. Harrington, over at Sywtbai we discussed changes to the kings in Super Mario Bros. 3. Do you remember what they were?

Just a heads up, I might change the roster for the Mario collection a third time. I'm not quite content with it just yet. I may omit Galaxy and 3D World and focus more on games that are less available to today's audience. Not sure yet. Thoughts?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Personally, I've always thought a truly defined storyline in a Smash Bros. game (I'm looking at you Brawl) would prove beneficial in an Adventure Mode-type setting. Why not ditch Master Core and come up with a baddie so bad, he makes Master Core and Taboo look like child's play?

Unfortunately, the only thing I could possibly think of at the moment is a beast created of all the world's fears and nightmares, but I feel like that's been done before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom