The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm still really behind, as I don't have a Keurig, or can opener. Just the hand held kind. Maybe, next year I can move ahead with an automatic can opener!:eek:;)

Our dog Henry was on a diet because of us kidney disease and the food was all in cans. I got tired of opening all the cans with the handheld opener, so my mom bought me an under the cabinet electric canopener. I guess she really had to search for it as they were hard to find, but she wanted to get me that kind because we don't have a lot of countertop space. I do really like it and because it is mounted under the cabinet it doesn't get in the way at all.

donaldtoo

So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)

Gongrats on your savings...! :)

We never even left the house on "Magical" (remember, I used to be a Disney Store CM ;)) Friday...! :)

French Quarter

That really does make sense, and will make a difference in the amount of trash (plastic bags) thrown out. I actually have a few reusable (sort of plastic) bags that the supermarkets sell here for a very reasonable price. The problem is, I usually forget to bring them with me! :rolleyes:

It seems like such a good idea to save the environment. They aren't banned here but I actually switched to reusable bags to do my part. The thing with us is that we re-used our plastic grocery bags as garbage bags. So I then had to go and buy actually garbage bags. So it really wasn't helping at all. I switched back to the disposables.

French Quarter

We spend over 100.00 US. dollars a month to bundle. I want to break things up to save money, hubby doesn't want the extra trouble. I would love to save money. Hubby wants the easy way. He wins, as he made the money by working.

Not understanding. Why would you want to break things up? You get a discount to bundle, right? Or do you mean, you want to go with different companies for each separate thing? What does the $100 include? That seems cheap if it's for phone/net/cell. We pay $125 for all three and that is the best deal I have found.

StarWarsGirl

@figmentfan423
12208659_901731283238635_8496962203637137674_n.jpg

French Quarter

I think they do fit in the "wise men". Just that the dates were changed.
In my country.. they're called the "reyes magos". But they were not kings... nor wizards.

The Wise Men (Magi, actually) are celebrated in the church at Epiphany which is January 6. It is different season than Christmas. They did not come to the manger at all. So that is all re-imagined by pop culture. They came to a house and scholars say that it was a year or more after the birth given the dates when Herrod reigned and ordered the murder of the boys.

I personally have no problem with people using their imaginations at Christmas and imagining characters that weren't specifically mentioned in the narrative. I was just pointing out that it is weird to be upset that there is a song about a character not mentioned in the Bible when most of the images the world uses to celebrate at Christmas are not biblically accurate.

Sorry...this is what I do for a living. I realize though that this is technically talking about religion so I will leave it at that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The Wise Men (Magi, actually) are celebrated in the church at Epiphany which is January 6. It is different season than Christmas. They did not come to the manger at all. So that is all re-imagined by pop culture. They came to a house and scholars say that it was a year or more after the birth given the dates when Herrod reigned and ordered the murder of the boys.

I personally have no problem with people using their imaginations at Christmas and imagining characters that weren't specifically mentioned in the narrative. I was just pointing out that it is weird to be upset that there is a song about a character not mentioned in the Bible when most of the images the world uses to celebrate at Christmas are not biblically accurate.

Sorry...this is what I do for a living. I realize though that this is technically talking about religion so I will leave it at that.

This kind of conversation about religion I think is probably okay here as it is termed in more of a cultural/historical tone, not a way to argue or push beliefs on someone. What is it that you do for a living?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom