League of Dreamers: A New Beginning

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
And that's it! Our full team is assembled!

@Basketbuddy101
@Brer Panther
@DSquared
@mickeyfan5534
@ScorpionX
@Perry2x2
@Flippin'Flounder
@JokersWild
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354
@IAmNotAHufflepuff

And yeah, even though I said 10, the roster showcases 11 team members. But, what the hey? The more, the merrier! And also, just to make things a bit even, I'll open up a 12th spot in the roster. So, if any of you would like to take part, there's one new spot left open.

All right, welcome to all of our players! The first assignment for this team will be coming by sometime tonight or tomorrow. And keep in mind...a new 12th spot is open, so if anyone wants to join the fun, just let me know!

MonorailRed

Applebees
And that's it! Our full team is assembled!

@Basketbuddy101
@Brer Panther
@DSquared
@mickeyfan5534
@ScorpionX
@Perry2x2
@Flippin'Flounder
@JokersWild
@Sam4D23
@spacemt354
@IAmNotAHufflepuff

And yeah, even though I said 10, the roster showcases 11 team members. But, what the hey? The more, the merrier! And also, just to make things a bit even, I'll open up a 12th spot in the roster. So, if any of you would like to take part, there's one new spot left open.

All right, welcome to all of our players! The first assignment for this team will be coming by sometime tonight or tomorrow. And keep in mind...a new 12th spot is open, so if anyone wants to join the fun, just let me know!

I'll play!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Alright, here we go.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Basketbuddy101, @Brer Panther, @DSquared, @mickeyfan5534, @ScorpionX, @Perry2x2, @Flippin'Flounder, @JokersWild, @Sam4D23, @spacemt354, @IAmNotAHufflepuff and @MonorailRed...to thee, I offer my most humble welcome. You are about to enter a world unlike any other. Welcome to...the League of Dreamers.

In this game, you will all become part of a team of Imagineers led by a Head Imagineer for the creation of a brand-new Magic Kingdom located somewhere on this earth. The location doesn't matter. You've been asked by Disney to create a half-and-half unique and traditional Disneyland with plenty of twists and surprises throughout. As a whole, you'll be covering every land of the park, creating attractions, restaurants, sops, details and EVERYTHING ELSE you can find in a Disney park. It's basically Open Brainstorming at its finest.

In each round, you will have to work as a team to create each land. You're gonna have to really work together. I'm gonna start a special thread so you can work together and create each land. I'll judge each proposal on a 40 point scale based on the following rubric...

Creativity /10
Detail /10
Realism /10
Presentation /10

But, wait! There's more! Then...I'll ask the team members which two of you weren't pulling your weight. When the two are selected, you'll have to create something for the land, and whomever's is judged as the better is safe, and the other will unfortunately be eliminated.

This cycle will continue until we get to our final two, who will have to complete a final project in order to "inducted" into the League. The whole object is to make your way to the top of the ladder and prove yourself worthy of being inducted into the League of Dreamers.

Now, let's get on to your first challenge...

Land 1: Hollywood Boulevard
holl1.jpg
This will serve as your park's Main Street. You will have to base this land off of Hollywood Boulevard at DHS, as well as Hollywood Land at DCA. The following requirements are needed.
  • Detail. It's all about detail. I really do appreciate reading everything down to the tiniest detail. Consider this when composing your project and please describe the look and atmosphere of as many bits of the land as possible.
  • The Disneyland Railroad must be featured. However, here, I just want a description of the station.
  • A method of transportation that goes up and down the street.
  • Describe to me at least three shops and two restaurants.
  • A ridethrough is also gonna be required: This land will be featuring a new version of The Great Movie Ride. You can use only a select few scenes from the version at DHS, but the rest will be all up to your imaginations. And of course, detail--exterior description, queue description, ride vehicle description and scenes in the ride.
  • Most likely one of the most important aspects of the project is the inclusion and description of your park's castle. Make this the most BEAUTIFUL castle in all of the Disney continuum. I don't care what theme it has, just as long as it's beautiful and amazing.
And that's it. Also, keep in mind: since this is the first round of the game, I won't eliminate any of you. This way, you can all get a sense of what gameplay will be like. This will be due on...Saturday, November 28th. Good luck to all 12 of you!

spacemt354

Chili's
CHALLENGE 1 - HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD

hb.jpg

Welcome to the newest Disneyland Park! While still in its creative infancy, our team at Walt Disney Imagineering would like to share with you what we have imagined for our "main-street" as guests enter the park. Presenting, Hollywood Boulevard.
20151129_005737-1_zpszsgctvqo.jpg

On our map, each key component is labeled with either a number or letter, and color coordinated in order to distinguish each area. Those colors though are only for reference on the map for location, the actual buildings will be different colors, equating to the styles of 1930s Hollywood. Below we will go into more detail about each of the components in the order listed above.

ATTRACTIONS

1 - CARTHAY RAILROAD STATION

20151129_001009-1_zpskmbmxqdh.jpg

As guests enter the park, they are greeted by a large 60 foot tall replica of the Carthay Theater acting as the entrance to the park and the train station for park's railroad that runs around its perimeter. A powerful old-steam train, the railroad greets guests with a thunderous bellow from above as they approach this unique station atop a small hill, with the capability of entering on either side of the station onto the main walkway, or taking a spiral staircase up to the train station.

The Carthay station is one of the most unique entrances in all of the Magic Kingdom-type parks because it is a symbol not just of Walt's love of trains, but also a tribute to Walt's journey to California on the railroad in the early 1900s, and the home to a landmark event in his career.

After exiting onto the Carthay Station platform, or traveling through the gates below from the park's main entrance, guests see a variety of travel posters as if they have traveled to California in the early 1900s, like Walt Disney had did way back when.

il_570xN.651307837_l4b9.jpg

Throughout the station, guests can meander around and gaze at several historical references to Walt Disney's train-set as well as his journey to California and what became of it. Think of the station as a combination of the train-room in the Wilderness Lodge Villas and One Man's Dream in Disney's Hollywood Studios. A comforting and educational environment as guests enter into the park.

Once past the railroad station, guests can traverse onto Hollywood Boulevard - themed to Hollywood's Golden Age.

2 - THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE

Chinese_Theatre.jpg

In order to distinguish itself from its popular Floridian counterpart, The Great Movie ride will adapt a new technique for guest ride experience, essentially providing a montage of different eras accumulated together in order to provide an experience unlike any other. Guests will be immersed in classic films and eras, as the ride progresses from the dawn of film, to the discovery of tomorrow.

QUEUE

41170_los_angeles_grauman__s_chinese_theatre.jpg

Designed to replicate the interior of the Chinese Theater, The Great Movie Ride's queue winds through corridors filled with film props and designs from classic Disney films and much more. As guests wind into the main theater holding area, a montage of film trailers plays on the big screen. The montage includes films that the guests will soon be immersed in on the attraction.

ATTRACTION DESCRIPTION
Scene 1 - The Lumiere Brothers and the Birth of Cinema
As the journey begins with an on-board narration as you travel to a small area where two brothers are experimenting with tools. This is said to be the development of photography and along with Thomas Edison and others, provided the inception of film and cinema.

Scene 2 - The Jazz Singer 1927
Starring Al Jolson, this scene looks at the further expansion of film into a new era of "talking"
(This is also tribute and easter egg to the Carousel of Progress where John the Father is excited that Al Jolson will be in a movie where he talks and sings)

Scene 3 - Technicolor Montage (1937-1939)
This scene shows off the advancements of technology into color films such as the Wizard of Oz, as well as feature length color animation films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Scene 4 - Citizen Kane (1941) and others
Jumping further ahead in time we start to evolve into drama and crime films that captured the audiences of old and still do to this day. You are thrust right into an Orson Welles drama, and thrown into Casablanca, aboard the Maltese Falcon, or simply Gone with the Wind. This will be an extended scene to fit all of these adventures in, as guests are surrounded by classic after classic.

Scene 5 - Hitchcock 1950s-60s
One of the most prolific film directors of all time, guests are immersed into a scene from Rear Window and as they leave, hear the haunting sounds of the Psycho music echoing the presence of Norman Bates.

Scene 6 - Kubrick late 1960s
You enter a new futuristic room and look out at the Clavius Base as you orbit the moon. You hear the placid voice of Hal 9000 locking the ship down...as you traverse further, you begin to see beaming lights outside the window as you travel through the unknown and into a new scene.

Scene 7 - Star Wars late 1970s/early 80s
The music kicks in, you hear the classic sounds of some of the most advanced special effects during Hollywood at that point in time. Star Wars was a revolution not just for audiences, but for the film industry in general, rewriting the script on how movies are made. You travel through the Millennium Falcon as you careen through the classic asteroid belt scene from The Empire Strikes Back

Scene 8 - Classic Comedy - 1980s
You hear the classic Lenard Bernstein music but then hear the voice of Leslie Nelson, and you know you're on a plane in the classic comedy, Airplane! You leave the scene to the tune of "Staying Alive"

Scene 9 - The Disney Decade - Late 1980s/1990s
With the several feature-length animated hits in a row, the next scene shows a montage of Disney films in one of the most successful periods of animation of our time. You travel through The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, and more.

Scene 10 - CGI and a new era (2000s till present)
A montage of CGI characters showing how the technology has expended over time and how it has brought the film industry to a whole new level. The scene concludes with a film screen showing off a montage of all the films in addition the the films shown in the ride that guests should check out.

3 - THE GOLDEN MICKEYS
The Golden Mickey’s, a dazzling parade of stars and statuettes wait for you to enjoy. Your grand and stylish host or hostess takes you on a musical journey to see the best of the best, in a celebration of Friendship, Adventure, Laughter, Symphony, Darkness, and Romance, all wrapped up in a sparking Golden Finale of all the winners.
goldenmickeys.jpg

· Show Length: About 60 minutes
· 38 performers per show
o 1 host/hostess
o 4 regular singers
o 33 character performers/dancers
Show outline
· Opening
o The Golden Mickeys Opening
· Friendship
o When You’re the Best of Friends (The Fox and the Hound) (montage on scrims/regular singers)
o You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story)
o Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
· Adventure
o Go the Distance (Hercules) (montage on screen/regular singers)
o Just Around the River Bend (Pocahontas)
o Out There (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
o I’ll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
· Laughter
o Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da (Song of the South) (montage on scrims/regular singers)
o The Silly Song (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
o I Wanna Be Like You (The Jungle Book)
· Symphony
o You Can Fly (Peter Pan) (montage on scrims/regular singers)
o Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid)
o Let it Go (Frozen)
· Darkness
o A Night on Bald Mountain (Fantasia) (Montage on scrims)
o Friends on the Other Side (Princess and the Frog)
o Cruella De Ville (101 Dalmatians)
· Romance
o True Loves Kiss (Enchanted) (Montage on scrims/regular singers)
o So This is Love (Cinderella)
o Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
o I See the Light (Tangled)
o Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
· Golden Finale
o When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio) (host singing)
o The Golden Mickey’s Finale

4 - RED CAR TROLLEYS
Red_Car_Trolley_-_side_on_-_California_Adventure.jpg

Up and down Hollywood Boulevard, the Red Car Trolleys travel all the way. The exquisitely themed vehicles stop at 4 places along Hollywood Boulevard, while also taking part in shows and streetmosphere such as the Red Car Band, a down on their luck band traveling via the red car and setting up wherever it stops for a performance, as well as the ever classic Stars of Hollywood Boulevard.

5 - SNOW WHITE'S CASTLE
2015-11-28%2023.30.23_zpsdmlpqqya.jpg

At the end of Hollywood Boulevard and overlooking Central Plaza is the icon of the park, and our castle, Snow White's Castle. This 180 foot tall icon is still in blueprint mode as of now, but a sneak peak can be seen above. With a heavy influence of Spanish Architecture, Snow White's Castle will be an entirely new Disney Castle unlike anything ever seen before. From the style, to the texture, to the other features the castle provides, it will bring a novel feel to the Disneyland park.

SHOPS AND DINING

A - PAN-PACIFIC GATES

seaside-souvenirs-00.jpg

A quaint shop located on the left hand side of Hollywood Boulevard, this will be guests' one stop shop for all iconic Golden Age souvenirs. Selling memorabilia from the 1930s and prior, this shop will be an antique lover's dream and one everyone can enjoy.

B - THE HOLLYWOOD EMPORIUM
Stretching on the left side of the street from the Pan-Pacific Gates to the Chinese Theater, the Emporium stands as Disneyland's largest retail location. The exterior looks similar to a larger version of this building:
6196231435_88856be8f7_b.jpg

Running along side the building are window displays like the ones at Magic Kingdom, showing artistic, animated scenes of famous Disney films. Inside of the magnificent store front, you'll find all the Disney merchandise you can think of. T-shirts, stuffed animals, mugs, books, toys, hats, and much, much more!

C - WALT'S
Located on the right side of Hollywood Blvd., near the Central Plaza, is the park's most expensive and fancy restaurant. The interior has some similarities to this building here:
brio-1893-restaurant-cape-town.jpg

Walt's serves only the finest quality of delicacies. Menu items include Silver-Panned Pork-chop, Duck Con-fit, and other high-quality dishes that even Hollywood's biggest stars can enjoy.

D - THE SUNSET CAFE
Enter from the right side of Hollywood Boulevard, nestled up against the Hyperion Theater, to find a charming, 1930's themed cafe. The interior looks sort of like this but with most tables seating four instead of two:
kavarna_slavia1.jpg

The menu is mostly comfort American food ( We are assuming this is in the U.S. since the country of the park has yet to be decided.) serving favorites like burgers, fried chicken, hot dogs, and other American delicacies.

E - THE DARKROOM
8752056628a0b46ed97b97fc40338d61.jpg

Modeled after Disney's Hollywood Studios "The Darkroom" with a unique flair, guests can traverse inside and purchase classic Hollywood films, merchandise, and even be able to see how photography was developed decades ago.

That's a wrap for Challenge 1. Thanks and see you next time!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Alright, team, here's my scoring.

Creativity: 8/10

Very creative thus far. I love the idea of having the Carthay Circle Theatre serve as the railroad station. And although it wasn't requested, the addition of The Golden Mickeys was a nice touch. But I must say...although I like the castle being influenced by Spanish architecture, I'd say make sure that it's minimal, because Fantasyland will still be behind it and still be influenced by European styling.

Detail: 9/10

Very nice detail in showing what the building looks like. And I adored the ride-through for Great Movie Ride. However, I am unsure as to whether the Pan-Pacific Gates--that is, if the picture accompanying the shop's description would serve as the shop's exterior--would work in the area.

Realism: 10/10

I could easily see this as part of an actual Disney park. Very nice. I also liked the fact that MyMagic+ was going to be part of the park. Then again, it seems like Disney will be introducing the system to all of their resorts.

Presentation: 7/10

Despite the fact that Thanksgiving was this week, you were all able to pull off a very fine presentation.

Total Score: 34/40

Wonderful job, team. And again, don't worry about eliminations. Since this round was basically meant to give you an idea of what is to be expected of you for the game, you're all safe...for now.

Challenge 2 will be posted sometime later today.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Land 2: Adventureland
4018227924_7150f80101_b.jpg
Adventureland...here's the land where dreams of visiting exotic jungles or sailing with swashbuckling pirates come true. Since we are starting to get into the lands proper, here's where stakes will slowly start to get higher. Alright, team, here's what I'd like to see from you for Adventureland.

• Detail: Much like Hollywood Boulevard, detail is going to be extremely crucial. Here, your Adventureland is going to be themed as an old village that has been reclaimed by the jungle. All marks of humanity have been gone to parts unknown. You can make up your own backstory regarding this theme, or just expand on what I've told you.
  • You must have at least two shops and two restaurants. Here, the emphasis is going to expand more on the attractions than the dining and shopping, as will be proven in the following requirements.
  • Show based on Disney "jungle" film: I was so very enthralled with the Golden Mickeys, that I've decided to propose another show: an adaptation of one of three Disney "jungle" films: The Jungle Book, The Lion King or Tarzan. It's up to you which one to adapt.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Just go crazy with this one. I want this version of Pirates to trump all other versions.
  • The Haunted Mansion: In keeping with the tradition of having the Haunted Mansion in different lands, the Haunted Mansion shall make its home in your park here in Adventureland.
Now, here's where the eliminations will come in. After I give the reviews at the end of the week, I will ask the team which two is not pulling their weight around here. For this, I will have them do an additional project for the land, and at the end, I will judge each, and the one that receives the lowest score will be eliminated.

That's your assignment for the week, and it will be due on Saturday, December 5th at midnight PST. Good luck, teams!

Sam Magic

I'm going to have to drop, I have a lot of stuff going on this next week and I will not have any time to contribute towards brainstorming this week. From Monday to Wednesday I will be stuck at school till 6 in the afternoon and will still have a lot of homework. Thursday the Model United Nations Conference starts and I will be at that until noon Saturday. Saturday Night I have to perform in the Christmas Cabaret at my school and will probably not get home till 11. It's just not a good week for me, and not fair to my fellow contestants. With that I very sorrowfully resign as a competitor. Good luck to everyone else! Hollywood Blvd. was great!

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm going to have to drop, I have a lot of stuff going on this next week and I will not have any time to contribute towards brainstorming this week. From Monday to Wednesday I will be stuck at school till 6 in the afternoon and will still have a lot of homework. Thursday the Model United Nations Conference starts and I will be at that until noon Saturday. Saturday Night I have to perform in the Christmas Cabaret at my school and will probably not get home till 11. It's just not a good week for me, and not fair to my fellow contestants. With that I very sorrowfully resign as a competitor. Good luck to everyone else! Hollywood Blvd. was great!
Are you still going to be in Elite Eight?

spacemt354

Chili's
If it's only this week that's busy I think you could stay on in LoD. Since there's 11 of us we would understand if you're busy for this round and can't contribute much. Considering there are a few people who haven't shown up yet, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be eliminated if you only contributed a small amount this round.

If anything Elite Eight takes up much more time since that's individual.

Sam Magic

If it's only this week that's busy I think you could stay on in LoD. Since there's 11 of us we would understand if you're busy for this round and can't contribute much. Considering there are a few people who haven't shown up yet, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be eliminated if you only contributed a small amount this round.

If anything Elite Eight takes up much more time since that's individual.
I'll think about it, I just would prefer to focus on Elite Eight than two contests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom