Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

GiveMeTheMusic

Isnt TDR almost always at capacity practically everyday? I kept hearing horror stories about how crowed TDL and TDS is.

While they aren't at capacity every day, they often hit capacity on weekends throughout the year. The parks have huge walkways and tons of attractions so they hold the huge crowds far better than DL, which was never built with today's crowds in mind

What's amazing about TDR is that it's the only resort where the second gate did what it was supposed to do - TDS is hugely popular and is equally crowded as TDL. That's what happens when the second gate is built correctly from the start, which didn't happen in Anaheim or Paris.

While they aren't at capacity every day, they often hit capacity on weekends throughout the year. The parks have huge walkways and tons of attractions so they hold the huge crowds far better than DL, which was never built with today's crowds in mind

What's amazing about TDR is that it's the only resort where the second gate did what it was supposed to do - TDS is hugely popular and is equally crowded as TDL. That's what happens when the second gate is built correctly from the start, which didn't happen in Anaheim or Paris.
I remember in some Travel Channel documentary about TDS I saw this really huge line, and it was for some snack.
And poor DCA, even though it's getting its crowds now. I know quite a bit of people (some in my family) who don't wanna go back to DCA simply because their experience was so bad back when the park first opened.

GiveMeTheMusic

I remember in some Travel Channel documentary about TDS I saw this really huge line, and it was for some snack.
And poor DCA, even though it's getting its crowds now. I know quite a bit of people (some in my family) who don't wanna go back to DCA simply because their experience was so bad back when the park first opened.

If DCA had opened in its 2012 state, things would have turned out very differently. Now it's an uphill battle. That's why you do things right in the first place (like our moms always told us!) - saves a lot of pain down the road.

Snacks at TDR are a big deal! Lines don't faze the Japanese. The snacks are inexpensive, unique and tasty - something I wish they'd learn from here at DLR, where decent snacks are few and far between.

If DCA had opened in its 2012 state, things would have turned out very differently. Now it's an uphill battle. That's why you do things right in the first place (like our moms always told us!) - saves a lot of pain down the road.

Snacks at TDR are a big deal! Lines don't faze the Japanese. The snacks are inexpensive, unique and tasty - something I wish they'd learn from here at DLR, where decent snacks are few and far between.
As much as I love Disneyland Paris, I forever have this resentment towards it because of all the problems it caused across the parks.

Well the Japanese have way more patience than me! And all the American parks need to step up their food game outside of exceptions like Carthay Circle.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'll still don't get why some people argue that DCA hasn't hasn't met attendance expectations when Disney's original 2001 projections were 7 million annual visitors, or half the attendance that TDS got last year.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'll still don't get why some people argue that DCA hasn't hasn't met attendance expectations when Disney's original 2001 projections were 7 million annual visitors, or half the attendance that TDS got last year.

Attendance projections and ideal scenarios are two different things. 15 years in DCA should be doing better than 50% of DL's attendance. If it was a bigger draw, it would alleviate the pressure on DL - which it doesn't do very well at all. Ideally, DCA would pull more people and reduce DL's attendance, evening out demand.

Star Wars Land will just exacerbate the problem.

Evolution

Attendance projections and ideal scenarios are two different things. 15 years in DCA should be doing better than 50% of DL's attendance. If it was a bigger draw, it would alleviate the pressure on DL - which it doesn't do very well at all. Ideally, DCA would pull more people and reduce DL's attendance, evening out demand.

Star Wars Land will just exacerbate the problem.

That's what I don't understand - why aren't they using the DCA expansion pad for Star Wars? Are they really saving it for Marvel?

lazyboy97o

As much as I love Disneyland Paris, I forever have this resentment towards it because of all the problems it caused across the parks.

Well the Japanese have way more patience than me! And all the American parks need to step up their food game outside of exceptions like Carthay Circle.
Euro Disneyland itself was never really the problem and aside from totally unrealistic metrics like guest spending (which have generally been over inflated since Tokyo Disneyland opened) the park lived up to its expectations.

There really isn't much need for patience at Tokyo Disney Resort. Lines are orderly and move well. Many snack carts only offer one item, so a massive line is only a few minute wait since nobody is deciding what to get at the end of the line.

Euro Disneyland itself was never really the problem and aside from totally unrealistic metrics like guest spending (which have generally been over inflated since Tokyo Disneyland opened) the park lived up to its expectations.

There really isn't much need for patience at Tokyo Disney Resort. Lines are orderly and move well. Many snack carts only offer one item, so a massive line is only a few minute wait since nobody is deciding what to get at the end of the line.
Well what I meant was that the fact that everything else around the park was such a failure when it was built. Like I still don't know what encouraged them to build that many hotels when DLP opened. The park itself is fine, in fact it's my favorite of the Magic Kingdom style parks. Now Walt Disney Studios Park on the other hand...

And wow didn't know that, looks like Tokyo has its s*** together when it comes to operations. Unlike some other parks...

yookeroo

Or Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom