Booking through US site when in UK

ChinChiminey

Original Poster
Hello all
First post here so, hi.
We are heading to WDW in March and I've noticed that the US website has much better offers than the UK right now.
For example on US site it's offering 25% off selected hotels before March. Nothing similar on the UK site except for a ticket offer promoting 14 days for price of 7.

My question is, if I book via the US website will that be OK? I'm assuming so as it'll let me select UK from the drop down list on address but I had to do some pretty nifty work to trick my browser into stopping redirecting me back to Disney.co.uk

It states that visitors outside of us and canada collect their stuff upon check in (I.E it won't be shipped). Other than that I can't see any other issues.

Does anyone have any thoughts / experience of doing this please?

Thanks
James

ShareBDwithMickey

Depends on when you plan on travelling. If it is next year then you have missed the best offers from the uk. Which was, free dining plan, 14 day ticket for the price of 7, $200 disney gift card (later reduced to $100) & free memory maker. However if you are travelling in 2017 the best offer from the uk will not be released until around the end of April & is likely, but not guaranteed to match other years as already described.

It is worth seeing what is on the Virgin website as their black Friday offers may have something that suits, also most uk travel agents have good sales which start on boxing day. They may be better value when you add in flight costs.

Having said that I used Kingdom Konsultants to purchase a Disney cruise & got a better deal from them, not hugely better , but better none the less. Also make sure if you do buy from the american site that your credit card doesn't charge for currency exchanges otherwise this will add a further 5% at least to your overall costs.

formie

We actually did this last year for our stay in Pop. The deals on the US site were to good to turn down. It was cheaper and also had free dining, which at the time of booking was not available on the UK site. Absolutely no issue on check in, all of the magic bands etc are waiting for you at reception. We just paid for the initial booking on the US site using a credit card.
Tip - One of the best things I actually found by staying on site for the first time was the Magical Express. Such a relief not to have to drive after a near 10 hour flight with 2 tired kids. We actually booked a car through Alamo for a few days after arrival (jet lag free) from the Alamo car rental centre in Disney. Again the DME back to the airport could not be simpler and takes a lot of the stress away. Just a shame its not offered at Sanford as a lot of charter planes land there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom