Wilderness Lodge Views (while under construction)

Jon81uk

Nice choice. I'm looking forward to getting the courtyard view later this year. Previously had two different views. The first time was on the right side, not facing the courtyard (so I guess woods view), which was nice since it was near the secondary pool. The second time was on the left side not facing the courtyard and we basically looked at a swamp the whole time, and it was sort of not so good. Looking forward to the courtyard view, the whole area it faces is very nice, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

From what I have read, the south (right) wing rooms facing the small pool are still counted as courtyard. The North Wing rooms overlooking the small pond (swamp) are woods view.

We booked Woods view before construction was announced and are concerned about the view, but I think the north wing looking towards that swamp area would be OK. I don't want to see a pool being dug up! But hopefully by the time of our trip (Sept 2016) they will be laying down the new pool anyway rather than doing demolition.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
From what I have read, the south (right) wing rooms facing the small pool are still counted as courtyard.
Not anymore. Due to guest complaints, the rooms facing the Villas and Hidden Springs (villas) pool are now classified as woods view.

But rooms with a direct view of the demolition will be taken out of inventory. Many rooms at the Poly are now unavailable for occupancy due to the construction at the quiet (Oasis) pool.

blueboxdoctor

From what I have read, the south (right) wing rooms facing the small pool are still counted as courtyard. The North Wing rooms overlooking the small pond (swamp) are woods view.

We booked Woods view before construction was announced and are concerned about the view, but I think the north wing looking towards that swamp area would be OK. I don't want to see a pool being dug up! But hopefully by the time of our trip (Sept 2016) they will be laying down the new pool anyway rather than doing demolition.

Oh yeah, it wasn't awful, and if you want to be in a more quiet area it is the place to be. The swamp isn't anything huge, but it's just a little odd. The nice part is if I recall correctly, you also hear the boat horns as they go by, which I find relaxing. Plus on that side you are closer to the counter service, which some people in my family found as a big plus.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Oh yeah, it wasn't awful, and if you want to be in a more quiet area it is the place to be. The swamp isn't anything huge, but it's just a little odd. The nice part is if I recall correctly, you also hear the boat horns as they go by, which I find relaxing. Plus on that side you are closer to the counter service, which some people in my family found as a big plus.
Not to mention you can see Wishes from those upper floor rooms :).

ABQ

We are less than 30 days out. Can't wait!!
W00t, same here. But we'll be dealing with a bad view no matter what in the villas. If rooms facing the quiet pool have been taken out of inventory, then we're probably looking at the bus stop, and listening to air brakes and that all too loud beeping as the ramp is raised and lowered.

ToTBellHop

W00t, same here. But we'll be dealing with a bad view no matter what in the villas. If rooms facing the quiet pool have been taken out of inventory, then we're probably looking at the bus stop, and listening to air brakes and that all too loud beeping as the ramp is raised and lowered.
You mean, "sounds of the wilderness"?

HauntedMansionFLA

Using the room view finder on Touring Plans http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/...ck_rate]=any&no_draw=false&rooms=true&floor=4

You will see that most standard view are facing out to the sides, overlooking loading bays, trash areas and rooftops.
Compare that to this image
Wilderness-Lodge-Construction-Areas-Late-2015-through-2016-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

You'll see most of the standard views won't look directly towards construction areas, although the south facing roof top view will probably see a little of the construction. With standard view I would worry more about getting the north-west facing rooms that overlook the loading area for the hotel.

I've booked Woods View (as I didn't want standard view) and I'm getting worried about the construction ruining the hotel. I don't want courtyard view either really, it doesn't appeal as much.
It looks like this resort will be a mess for awhile. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom