Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Uh oh, I just checked what is playing at the Regal @ Walden Galleria on Monday, and there is absolutely nothing that I want to see.

One raunchy Christmas movie; another Christmas movie my brother said sucked; some Hunger Games nonsense; a Pixar film I'll never sucker Hubby to see after the Frozen fiasco; Peanuts, which I've already seen; and a Rocky sequel. Maybe I'll suck it up and watch the Bond film, despite not having seen once since the Sean Connery heyday.

NYwdwfan

Uh oh, I just checked what is playing at the Regal @ Walden Galleria on Monday, and there is absolutely nothing that I want to see.

One raunchy Christmas movie; another Christmas movie my brother said sucked; some Hunger Games nonsense; a Pixar film I'll never sucker Hubby to see after the Frozen fiasco; Peanuts, which I've already seen; and a Rocky sequel. Maybe I'll suck it up and watch the Bond film, despite not having seen once since the Sean Connery heyday.

FWIW I've seen some pretty positive reviews for Creed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

The good thing about 007 movies is that you need no knowledge of any of the movies before it to enjoy the movie. Unlike Hungy Games .

I've only seen one 007 movie with the current Bond, Casio Royale, but he was very good in the role.

Goofyernmost

Day 2 of the Adventure.... October 20, 2015

Eventually woke up after about 12 hours of sleep and headed out the door to catch the train that goes directly to Disneyland Paris. Not a long ride, probably about 40 minutes (with many stops along the way). It was where I started my love affair with train travel. The last train I was on was many years ago traveling from Toronto to Montreal with the wife and a 3 year old and an infant. It was not a pleasant trip back then. All I had were Visa Traveler Checks and the train wouldn't take them. So I had a hungry 3 year old, a hungry wife and myself ready to eat the seat cushions before we got to Montreal. (The infant had her own personal feeding source) Anyway, back on track (tee hee), I loved this ride and enjoyed train riding more each time we used it as our means of transportation.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from DLP, but, it was more then I got. The general feel of the layout reminded me a lot of Disneyland in Cali., but, not as nice. Not awful, mind you just less then I expected. Many of the big attractions were down for refurb. and the others that I managed to go to sometimes were a surprise. Phantom Manor, for example, was a nice ride with many of the expected "haunted mansion" items, but, then mysteriously became a western themed grouping of skeletal remains that just didn't seem to fit in at all with my expectations. Pirates reminded me a lot of Disneyland's PoTC especially in the beginning. It was good, but, somehow seemed disjointed to me. Not sure why. Small World was closed and BTMR looked a lot like all the rest to me. I had made 3 attempts to see Ratatouille only to be sent out each time just before loading because it broke down. Major disappointment. The Dragon under the castle was a nice touch. I, honestly, do not remember them all, but, I will tell you this... anyone that thinks that things look shabby at WDW should pay a visit to DLP. Comparatively, WDW is pristine.

I should explain that the train is a double decker passenger car. When full many have to either stand on the landing by the door or on the stair way. On the train ride back to Paris later that night, when the train started up from one of the stops a lady was not hanging on tightly and fell down the stairs, I caught her before she hit the ground. What that caused is an aggravation of a tendinitis problem in my right arm that stayed with me the rest of the trip. But other then that there were no injuries.
CIMG0243 - Copy.JPG IMG_20151021_111604839_HDR.jpg IMG_20151021_141348187.jpg IMG_20151021_154025278_HDR.jpg CIMG0250 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
The good thing about 007 movies is that you need no knowledge of any of the movies before it to enjoy the movie. Unlike Hungy Games .

I've only seen one 007 movie with the current Bond, Casio Royale, but he was very good in the role.
Skyfall is one of my favorite Bond films. Definitely my favorite of Daniel Craig, but he's been good in all of his versions of it. They got this Bond right.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Day 2 of the Adventure.... October 20, 2015

Eventually woke up after about 12 hours of sleep and headed out the door to catch the train that goes directly to Disneyland Paris. Not a long ride, probably about 40 minutes (with many stops along the way). It was where I started my love affair with train travel. The last train I was on was many years ago traveling from Toronto to Montreal with the wife and a 3 year old and an infant. It was not a pleasant trip back then. All I had were Visa Traveler Checks and the train wouldn't take them. So I had a hungry 3 year old, a hungry wife and myself ready to eat the seat cushions before we got to Montreal. (The infant had her own personal feeding source) Anyway, back on track (tee hee), I loved this ride and enjoyed train riding more each time we used it as our means of transportation.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from DLP, but, it was more then I got. The general feel of the layout reminded me a lot of Disneyland in Cali., but, not as nice. Not awful, mind you just less then I expected. Many of the big attractions were down for refurb. and the others that I managed to go to sometimes were a surprise. Phantom Manor, for example, was a nice ride with many of the expected "haunted mansion" items, but, then mysteriously became a western themed grouping of skeletal remains that just didn't seem to fit in at all with my expectations. Pirates reminded me a lot of Disneyland's PoTC especially in the beginning. It was good, but, somehow seemed disjointed to me. Not sure why. Small World was closed and BTMR looked a lot like all the rest to me. I had made 3 attempts to see Ratatouille only to be sent out each time just before loading because it broke down. Major disappointment. The Dragon under the castle was a nice touch. I, honestly, do not remember them all, but, I will tell you this... anyone that thinks that things look shabby at WDW should pay a visit to DLP. Comparatively, WDW is pristine.

I should explain that the train is a double decker passenger car. When full many have to either stand on the landing by the door or on the stair way. On the train ride back to Paris later that night, when the train started up from one of the stops a lady was not hanging on tightly and fell down the stairs, I caught her before she hit the ground. What that caused is an aggravation of a tendinitis problem in my right arm that stayed with me the rest of the trip. But other then that there were no injuries.
View attachment 121342 View attachment 121344 View attachment 121345 View attachment 121346 View attachment 121343

I agree with you that DLP is a little different, and not necessarily in a bad way, but it does need some work. I wish you would have been able to ride Ratatouille, I think it is one of Disney's best attraction in any park I've been to. Big Thunder Mountain, is similar to it's American counterparts, but I think it is much better as you go under a tunnel in the ride train to get to the main part of the ride on the island. It also seems a little faster and smoother than WDW's, and more thrilling.

As for Pirates I read somewhere that when the imagineers were designing this particular Pirates they made the story go backwards. Instead of the pirates being "dead" in the beginning in the American pirates, it starts with a living pirate journey and ends with the dead pirates, at least that is according to what I read. Supposedly, Tony Baxter, even though a fan of the ride, thought that it told the story wrong in the American parks and "fixed" it for Paris. I didn't mind Baxter's version, I thought the swinging pirate, the sword fighting pirates, and no Jack Sparrow made it better than WDW and DL. Sadly, Paris is soon going to get Sparrow.

Too bad about the tendinitis flaring up in your arm, but hopefully the lady you helped appreciated your efforts. Did you eat at all in the parks at DLP? I'd be interested if you had the same opinion about the food as I did.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Okay, maybe not crossing into the U.S. at 1:00.
Just got on the Peace Bridge and it's backed up all the way to the Canadian side. Ugh.

App says 31 minutes - which I'll believe when I see it.

View attachment 121355
How much of a hassle is Customs coming and going? Which way is easier?

I've only been through customs once (twice) and it was in the wilderness so it was pretty easy as we only had backpacks and canoes on us.. The main thing I remember is having to pay because we were using a Canadian National Forest (Provincial Park) so camping permits and fishing license had to be paid at customs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom