The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Our last day, we had until basically 3:30 pm. So we started the day in the Magic Kingdom!
View attachment 121256

View attachment 121257

View attachment 121258
Breakfast at Gaston's, cinnamon roll and getting to see antlers in all of the decorating.

View attachment 121259

View attachment 121260

A traditional ride on the carousel.
View attachment 121261

View attachment 121262
in line for Big Thunder Mt.
View attachment 121263

Jingle Cruise
View attachment 121264
View attachment 121265

Love the pic of you two on the carousel! All you need to complete the pic are Mickey ears. :)

brb1006

Here's a cute talking Marie plush. Who ever provided the voice of Marie for that plush sounds pretty spot on with Louise English's original performance as Marie from the original Aristocats film.

I might have brought this up a while ago on the forums. But In light of the new show "The Lion Guard" a spin-off of The Lion King that's on Disney Junior. I wish Disney Junior could green-light a new edutainment show based on a previous Disney film in the future that is a spin-off to The Aristocats in the future at least for the film's 50th Anniversary in 2020. I'm imagining the show being similar to Sofia The First but stars Marie and Roquefort and it teaches about French culture. I'm also picturing the show being animated in CGI or flash animation that was used in Jake And The Neverland Pirates.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've been very vocal about that situation in the past, but, I will restate it. This is Disney, this is not a world class marathon run. It is there for everyone to participate in. It has been used as a spring board for many to start to feel good about themselves again after years of physical neglect.

I know that "hardcore" runners get all bent out of shape because everyone is allowed to run in it, but, lets face it this is a qualifying attempt at best and not a world class venue. I also challenge the thought that a lot of out of shape people participate in the more serious half or full marathon event. They know they cannot do it without killing themselves and the few that do lack in enough judgement to know better are quickly either tagging along at the back of the pack or dead on the pavement. There is no where near the problem that it has been built up to be. I'm more upset about those that are serious runners that join in the 5K knowing that they will win it and then complain about those that are slower being in their way. They take themselves and the event way to seriously.

An example of the good that an event like this can be to someone that has been an overweight couch potato for decades, can actually achieve something that they previously have been unable to do. My sister lost 100 pounds and the ability to just participate in such an event and being able to was a huge boost to her ego and resolve. The other complaint is that they get a rubber, refrigerator magnet style, of medal for participating. Sorry, if that upsets the jocks of the world, but, it means the world to someone previously unable to accomplish the feat. If that takes away from the first place persons accomplishments, well all I can say is life's a *****.

Yep, it is Disney and that is why I said Disney accepts all levels of participants and have added all sorts of races throughout the years too. Me, I don't think Disney does this for the fun of it, to build up anyones egos etc. I genuinely believe these weekends are serious revenue builders in specific weeks that Disney did not draw a lot of visitors. It is marketing and Disney is good at it. Me, I think RunDisney is a world class venue for runners. Their routes, staffing, systems for vetting are top notch. Boston takes the times as real qualifying times for Boston a goal of many serious runners. Disney does have a kind sweep for the 1/2 marathon again I think it is more about obtaining the higher amount of participants for revenue sake over any sake in the emotional needs of those participating. Me, I don't care one way or the other if Disney has this inclusive policy. I'm not a runner, likely will never be, I walk a great deal but am not going to enter a 1/2 marathon to walk a marathon either.

Gabe1

It seems to me that if the doctor recommended that you get one that you should get one regardless of the price.

If the doctor told you to take a certain medication, would you refuse to take it because of the price? I think not. That is just asinine.

There is a reason that he told you to get one. Perhaps the same reason he uses one?

Maybe not the same reason the Doctor uses one. I have 20 something kids both of which are under weight for their targets for heights and bone structures. College students along with many people with sedentary jobs move less they might think. The Fitbit for both of my kids has shown their careers have taken the toll on their movement each day. While weight isn't the problem, exercise and movement is equally important and that is why the two of them purchased Fitbits vs the problem @StarWarsGirl95 doctor has with weight. My DD now walks the Pup with me more and my DS when falling short on his steps per day gets on the treadmill. The downside to the Fitbit is it doesn't track all exercise, more steps. My kids are both still swimmers, it doesn't take some other forms of exercise into account so you have to use your own logic into the calculations. Still it is a good reminder to those who use Fitbits or other like devices when they are not moving enough on a given day.

Gabe1

Of course they can, but, the bigger question is should they. This is Disney... it is for everybody, not just jocks and highly competitive people. The purpose of Disney is to make people feel good. This makes people feel good and provides, for money or not, an opportunity for others to safely and happily accomplish things that make the magic. There are plenty of places for the true runner to do a serious run, Disney doesn't have to be that place.

Besides, like I said, and I will maintain the numbers of unable people that participate in the higher end runs are very limited and quickly out of anyone's way. If they are not able to reach areas in a prescribed time, they are picked up and taken off the track. It's just that the runners don't want their playground contaminated by people that are less physically able. Very selfish and self-serving for no real measurable reason. It makes for a good excuse as to why they didn't win it. Oh, those "people" got in my way. Bull!

Like @Cesar R M said Disney did get into this as a true RunDisney fashion. I also agree with you too that Disney has evolved their RunDisney events into an all inclusive 'every kid gets a trophy' mentality that society is leaning to now.

I grasp how serious runners believe their Qualifying via Disney is diminished because pretty much everyone who pays a fee gets a metal. My Dad was your age when he ran the Boston Marathon for the first time and is still proud of his times and qualifying times he worked so hard to qualify for. He took up running when he was nearing sixty. I also see the appeal for some to participate in the marathons that have not achieved the Run part of RunDisney. The metals mean so much to their motivation. Disney does corral their runners according to previous times for the marathons for the genuine runners so the WalkDisney participants do not harm the times of the serious runners participating. But still me, I couldn't WalkDisney and accept a RunDisney medal. It just isn't how I roll. I'm not a runner admittedly so I don't participate in RunDisney even though I am an avid walker.

Songbird76

We sang those in choir, every year. I never thought of those as anything but Christmas songs. Now, I have to go look at the words. I must have been a dummy in school.
Oh it's probably just me. I just don't like it...and part of it is also that in the Bible story, there are the wisemen and the shepherds, but no drummer boy, so it's also not historically accurate. That song just bothers me. Do you hear what I hear isn't creepy...I just don't like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom