The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Right now, 8 days later my vision is about where it was before the surgery, but, seems to be improving slightly each day. Patience is not one of my strong points

I don't think it's so much a lack of patience; I think it's the feeling of helplessness when faced with a medical situation, that you have no control over. With many problems in life, most of us can figure out a work-around to help ourselves to navigate through the situation. Yet, the problem with a medical issue is that we're not doctors, and we don't have a clue what is considered natural healing, versus what could constitute an emergency. Everything that seems out of the ordinary to us in the healing process, is just terrifying as it unfolds. You're far from alone in your post-operative reaction.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've been very vocal about that situation in the past, but, I will restate it. This is Disney, this is not a world class marathon run. It is there for everyone to participate in. It has been used as a spring board for many to start to feel good about themselves again after years of physical neglect.

I know that "hardcore" runners get all bent out of shape because everyone is allowed to run in it, but, lets face it this is a qualifying attempt at best and not a world class venue. I also challenge the thought that a lot of out of shape people participate in the more serious half or full marathon event. They know they cannot do it without killing themselves and the few that do lack in enough judgement to know better are quickly either tagging along at the back of the pack or dead on the pavement. There is no where near the problem that it has been built up to be. I'm more upset about those that are serious runners that join in the 5K knowing that they will win it and then complain about those that are slower being in their way. They take themselves and the event way to seriously.

An example of the good that an event like this can be to someone that has been an overweight couch potato for decades, can actually achieve something that they previously have been unable to do. My sister lost 100 pounds and the ability to just participate in such an event and being able to was a huge boost to her ego and resolve. The other complaint is that they get a rubber, refrigerator magnet style, of medal for participating. Sorry, if that upsets the jocks of the world, but, it means the world to someone previously unable to accomplish the feat. If that takes away from the first place persons accomplishments, well all I can say is life's a *****.

I admire anyone who even wants to run. :eek: ;) That aside, there seems to be a very simple solution to the Disney race. Why don't they have the people who have run races before as serious runners in the front pack of racers. Then, behind that "front pack" of runners, could be more of the newbie runners, etc. If you look at some of the larger races around the country (marathons, in particular), they will often have the more seasoned runners in the front of the group.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi everyone. Just getting home after a day out.

A little place about a half hour from here has this amazing weekend every year called Christmas in the Village. We went there today. It has all these little shops opened up and outdoor stalls and little craft shows and Santa comes down the street on his John Deer. And the church has a display of nativity scenes and a craft corner for the kids. The museum is open with it's specially decorated tree. And everything is decked out so beautifully. My favourite part was strolling down the main street with hot cider when it started to snow beautiful fluffy flakes. What a magical day and a magical place!

But now I am pooped. So we sit and watch more Hallmark Christmas movies and enjoy some of the baked goods we picked up.

I would love to see Christmas in the Village, too! :) Reminds me of the old-fashioned Christmas activities -- a joyful, simpler time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The first performance was from Gloria and Emilio Estefan's new Broadway musical and the music was definitely from CD. They just did the one performance. I thought it was great and it made me want to go see the musical. Maybe it was something else? I'm really not sure.

"On Your Feet" was the name of that musical in Broadway. I've love to see that; I really enjoyed the singing and dancing they performed at the parade.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Funny. I love both of those songs and they bring back such great Christmas memories, along with so many other Christmas songs. I see nothing "creepy" about Little Drummer Boy, and love the other song, as well.
Different strokes.

Absolutely! It's always been one of my Christmas favs as well, and I have enjoyed the various artists who sang the song over the years. And, speaking of that song, some years they'll show a repeat on tv of the old Rankin/Bass special. I put the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Drummer_Boy_(TV_special)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just finished eating! They were OK. I'm sure yours were much better. :D

I used corn tortillas and they kept falling apart when I cooked them in the oil. I think I needed to cook them longer, but then I was worried they'd get too chewy. Maybe next time they'll be better. I'm just a novice cook. :)

We made "holiday" sandwiches for dinner. Chibatta rolls with leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and a little swiss cheese. They are delicious but sometimes if there is too much gravy it gets messy. My sandwich tonight was a 2 napkin sandwich.

I prefer four tortillas for my enchiladas and tacos. Corn tortillas are best fresh, I think and living where I live there isn't a lot of freshly made tortillas.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Just finished eating! They were OK. I'm sure yours were much better. :D

I used corn tortillas and they kept falling apart when I cooked them in the oil. I think I needed to cook them longer, but then I was worried they'd get too chewy. Maybe next time they'll be better. I'm just a novice cook. :)
I had that problem too. Try the Mission brand white corn shells, they seem to hold up better.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One littlte tip. I only drink Guinness at room temperature. It tastes so much better to me that way. :)

Although I don't drink beer, I did travel to Ireland one time. In all the pubs, all they served (to the people travelling with me) was warm beer. That didn't go over so well with my friends at that time . . . but that's just the way they serve their Guinness and Harp, and goodness knows what other kinds of beer they have over there! :p

Goofyernmost

I admire anyone who even wants to run. :eek: ;) That aside, there seems to be a very simple solution to the Disney race. Why don't they have the people who have run races before as serious runners in the front pack of racers. Then, behind that "front pack" of runners, could be more of the newbie runners, etc. If you look at some of the larger races around the country (marathons, in particular), they will often have the more seasoned runners in the front of the group.
Basically they do unless someone lies about their time when they fill out the questionnaire. I'm sure that happens, but, not often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom