Pre-Trip The Treat Yo Self Christmas pre-trip report.

Whelp, we’re right at 30 days out from our next adventure so it seems fitting to get this PTR underway! You may remember us from such trip reports as Not even first world problems can hold us back, The not as bad as the Griswalds report as we go....Now with Wild Africa Trek pics!, Anything can happen on Castaway Creek, and The “who told him about the panoramic setting on his phone?” Surf n’ Turf Anniversary trip. For those of you unfamiliar with our funtivites, the band of merry players in this story include:

DD- Sophie
20150504_082633.jpg

DW- Laura
cbad93fd838d7ce61b468593db0d7bb9.jpg

ME- Sean
wd019wdw201336032459990.jpeg

We are excited to get back to the World for Christmas as we took off last year to save for a DVC purchase, but it was well worth missing. The purchase included a sizable amount of banked points which is partly why this trip makes #4 for us this calendar year! Despite the large crowds, Christmas week may be our favorite time of year to go, we just really enjoy all the decorations and the feeling you get walking the parks and resorts during the season. We’ve been the four previous Christmas weeks so last year took a bit of adjusting but it showed us one thing, we love our Disney Christmases! So the plan was to head down on Sunday the 20th and come home on the 27th but then the “Disney Vacation Creep” set in…. Sure enough, we found ourselves with some banked points that had to be used by march so why not use them for this trip! Sigh…I’m such a sucker… So we stalked the DVC member site for a few weeks waiting for something to pop up when it happened, BCV 2-bedroom! So what did we say?
tumblr_niwf9lBNff1qjshvjo1_400.gif

Booked! So now Disney Vacation Creep has extended our stay by one day so surely our dates were set….right?
uc32i.jpg

Whelp, then I realize that I NEED to see Star Wars before we leave just in case Abrams blows our minds with some huge plot twist. I mean, I can’t learn about it second hand while on vacation and good luck not hearing people talking about it while in the Star Tours queue, am I right? Sooo that leads to my genius idea of leaving a day earlier, driving down half way and seeing the movie along the way. It makes sense right? See Star Wars AND knock out half of our travel!! So, we are now at the these dates and as of right now are pretty firm, 12/18-12/27.

The plan is to crash in Tifton for the night and make the shorter four trip to BCV on Saturday morning. After a night there we will jump to SSR for a few days then AKL for a few days! The timing of our DVC contract worked in such a way that it was difficult to get a full week so we will split it.

So that gives us the who, where, and the when; really the why goes without saying. I’ll cover the what soon which includes a couple firsts for us! To tide you over until then here is something to get you in the mood, Murphys style (yes its safe for work):

FYI: I know, I know, its not even Thanksgiving yet and I normally wouldn’t play this song before then but, hey, this is a Christmas PTR!

TheMouseFan

I am sooooo jealous!! I know you said at the end of the last TR that you were kind of bored writing them, but I hope we get to hear all about this trip! I want to see all of the Christmas decorations!! Someday, I WILL get my entire family down there for Christmas!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I am sooooo jealous!! I know you said at the end of the last TR that you were kind of bored writing them, but I hope we get to hear all about this trip! I want to see all of the Christmas decorations!! Someday, I WILL get my entire family down there for Christmas!
As much as it pains me to say it, I may do a semi-live TR for this one. Maybe nightly updates with pictures and commentary. I think my last live TR was a little too live. I think I may have been updating too often and if I focus on daily rather than hourly updates it would be better. This, of course, is contingent on approval by my far better half...

imahistorygeek

I am following along because the title of this trip report is hysterical:hilarious:. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to go during Christmas (DH deplores huge crowds)

I'll take the credit for the title. :) Actually, as soon as he posted a treat yo self gif on the most recent trip report, I knew it would be the perfect title.

Christmas is my favorite busy time to visit, if that makes sense. We also visit in the fall when it is less busy, but Christmas is really great. I love the decorations and just about everything else during the holiday season at Disney. It's crowded, but we've learned how to navigate the crowds during our Christmas trips. They don't stress me out at all.

The only time I've really been stressed out from the crowd was our previous trip in September. We had just arrived back at Disney from our cruise. We really should have rested, but we wanted to hit the parks. I was tired, hungry, and felt the crowds to be unbearable. It was the first time I had actually had it with the crowds.

Beckett

Following! Love your trip reports and your humor :hilarious: (I was looking for cool trip reports and yours is recommended in a post) I arrive just after you leave!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Well here we are, a few hours over 20 days to go! I hope you all had a great thanksgiving, we did! Today we made our annual pilgrimage to Biltmore Estate to add to our Christmas wine collection, 12 years so far:
20151127_155615.jpg

For those that enjoy Biltmore wine, they did a Christmas Red this year in addition to the white and it's very very good! It's sweet with a lot of spice. On the way back we stopped in Sylva to have lunch at Innovation Brewing, great beer! If you have a chance to sample their brews I highly recommend the Apple Butter Ale, Imperial Pumpkin and Belgian Tripel.

So, back on topic, we got another package Wednesday to feed our MB garland
20151126_091245.jpg

We weren't the only ones excited to see a package from the mouse:
20151126_114514.jpg

20151126_134406_1.jpg

Like I said before we will be trying some new things this trip. Firstly, we will have our first stay in a 2-bedroom at BCV. The DW is already looking forward to the huge jacuzzi tub while the DD is excited to have a ton of private space. Me, I'm just excited to be going an additional day, thanks Disney Creep! Second, we're mixing up our dining a bit. For the first time in forever we will not be going to Via Napoli as a family, we've been every visit. I talked the DD into going to Trattoria al Forno again, we had a great experience there this summer. Here is the rest of our line up:
Paradiso 37, first time as a family going
The Wave
Trattoria
Sanaa, somehow I think we'll end up eating here more than once.
'Ohana breakfast, a Christmas tradition
Teppan Edo, a Christmas Eve tradition
Beaches & Cream lunch, I foresee a No Way Jose in my future.
Rose & Crown, Christmas night dinner first for us, should catch illuminations
San Angel Inn, this will be our first time here...ever! I talked myself out of this ADR twice before on previous trips. The atmosphere just gets me and I want to try it so bad despite the suspect menu. My fingers are crossed for a good menu when we arrive.

So there is some of what makes up the "what". I've got one more tidbit to share soon about a new experience for the crew during the trip. Now back to my Christmas Red!

cfry06

20 days! It should fly by. We head down in 5 days - and the last two weeks have just flown!! Have to try and get packed tomorrow!
Great line up of ressie's. I look forward to following along again, as always!
Excited to hear about the new experience you have lined up too!
We, too, always think about San Angel and then it gets bumped. My sis ate there last year and loved it.
Enjoy - the final countdown is on!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom