The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
YEA! My dh is finally running power for my sewing table. It's too far from the nearest outlet and it's in the only spot that works for it. I keep a table to the left of it to hold up fabric on bulky projects. I've was putting my machine on my dining room table forever! He says he won't want me moving the new one around all the time. I still don't know which model I'm getting:cautious: It's sitting wrapped in plain brown paper sealed with ducktape. I'm getting way too curious for my own good. BTW @MinnieM123 my dh went to our small local hardware store for what he needed for the project.:)

Cesar R M

DD wanted to go on Winnie the Pooh next, but we "ran into" the Christmas Fantasy Parade along the way, and of course she wanted to watch. We were at the beginning of the route, near IASW, and found a pretty good spot about 5-10 minutes before it started.

View attachment 121086 View attachment 121087 View attachment 121088 View attachment 121089

Snow people butts! :p
View attachment 121091 View attachment 121092 View attachment 121093 View attachment 121094
View attachment 121095
View attachment 121096
awesome!
love the outfits of mickey, minnie and chip and dale! :D

donaldtoo

I have never liked that song...as a kid I thought it was creepy. Random strangers telling a little boy "Hey, come with us! Wanna see a baby?" And I've never been able to get over that. That, and Do you Hear what I Hear are my least favorite Christmas songs I think. Love Pentatonix, though...they are great!

Funny. I love both of those songs and they bring back such great Christmas memories, along with so many other Christmas songs. I see nothing "creepy" about Little Drummer Boy, and love the other song, as well.
Different strokes.

Cesar R M

I get the trial of free shipping for a month. Long short, my mom's birthday was the day before Thanksgiving and I had no gift so took the free two days shipping so it would get here on time. And it got here the day of her birthday.

I would not get Prime though. I don't buy a lot; if I do, I can wait the week or so til it gets here. Amazon Prime movies and tv are horrible in my opinion.
I agree that it depends if you buy a lot or not.

Prime is very worth for me for example, as I buy constantly. And most of their offers offer free shipping to Mexico (global saver) which is very expensive in the non prime way.

Cesar R M

I've been very vocal about that situation in the past, but, I will restate it. This is Disney, this is not a world class marathon run. It is there for everyone to participate in. It has been used as a spring board for many to start to feel good about themselves again after years of physical neglect.

I know that "hardcore" runners get all bent out of shape because everyone is allowed to run in it, but, lets face it this is a qualifying attempt at best and not a world class venue. I also challenge the thought that a lot of out of shape people participate in the more serious half or full marathon event. They know they cannot do it without killing themselves and the few that do lack in enough judgement to know better are quickly either tagging along at the back of the pack or dead on the pavement. There is no where near the problem that it has been built up to be. I'm more upset about those that are serious runners that join in the 5K knowing that they will win it and then complain about those that are slower being in their way. They take themselves and the event way to seriously.

An example of the good that an event like this can be to someone that has been an overweight couch potato for decades, can actually achieve something that they previously have been unable to do. My sister lost 100 pounds and the ability to just participate in such an event and being able to was a huge boost to her ego and resolve. The other complaint is that they get a rubber, refrigerator magnet style, of medal for participating. Sorry, if that upsets the jocks of the world, but, it means the world to someone previously unable to accomplish the feat. If that takes away from the first place persons accomplishments, well all I can say is life's a *****.
Except it wasnt. the First run Disneys were actually for running.
Disney just made the runs very broad now for $$$.
And the real runners are now complaining.
ID say Disney can fix this easily by just organizing their runs properly.
aka first pros, then fit people, then general people.
so when the non fit people stop.. they do not block the pro runners way.

catmom46

Then we finally made our way over to California Adventure. Unfortunately FPs for Radiator Springs were all gone and it was a 2.5 hour wait! So didn't get to ride this time. :bawling: Headed over to Bug's Land and rode Flik's Flyers and Francis' Ladybug Boogie. A couple pics while in line.

IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG

Then we watched the Good Dinosaur sneak peek - DD loved it. I wasn't sure if she'd be OK with the 3D glasses, but she had no problem. After that we went on the Little Mermaid a couple times. I think I love this ride as much as DD! :cat:
IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG

betty rose

Hi everyone. Just getting home after a day out.

A little place about a half hour from here has this amazing weekend every year called Christmas in the Village. We went there today. It has all these little shops opened up and outdoor stalls and little craft shows and Santa comes down the street on his John Deer. And the church has a display of nativity scenes and a craft corner for the kids. The museum is open with it's specially decorated tree. And everything is decked out so beautifully. My favourite part was strolling down the main street with hot cider when it started to snow beautiful fluffy flakes. What a magical day and a magical place!

But now I am pooped. So we sit and watch more Hallmark Christmas movies and enjoy some of the baked goods we picked up.
A very nice evening, enjoy!:joyfull:

Goofyernmost

And now for something completely different....

The continuing story of Goofyernmost's Excellent Adventure. Day One, Oct. 19th.

This one will not take long or be accompanied by pictures. That is because all it involved for the most part was travel and massive fatigue.

I left Raleigh Airport at approximately 6:30pm. I was supposed to leave at 4:30, but, I was flying on Air Canada (@JenniferS) and we all should know by now that anything Canadian is iffy at best when it comes to being reliable. Anyway, we did eventually become airborne and flew into Toronto. After traversing around a thousand miles getting to the Iceland Air gate I had used up most of my down time and just barely had enough time to grab a quick sandwich before boarding the plane. One thing that was funny to me, but, I'm sure not to her was a man that was quite well dressed walking in a hurry to get to his gate. Following about 10 paces behind was, who I assumed was his wife, dressed in middle eastern garb, at least 8 months pregnant and pulling a large suitcase. He was upfront generously carrying a cellphone and impatiently stopping and yelling at her to catch up before they miss the flight. Ah, the difference in cultures.

Anyway, after being scorned by the "lady" at the Icelandair customer desk for asking directions, I found my plane and boarded for an uneventful flight to Reykjavik, Iceland. Arrived in Iceland on time and proceeded through Customs, which was a circus due to the fact that the staff was on strike and the work was being done by a limited number of management and a maximum amount of travelers. I eventually made it through and met my sister at the gate just in time to board and head to Paris.

Iceland-air is a very nice airline and they still hand out blankets and pillows (at no charge) for us jet-setters. If you ever have to go through Iceland be sure to check to make sure they are not on strike because it added a degree of frustration that may live with me forever.

Arriving in Paris we boarded the city Shuttle that took us to the Opera House in downtown Paris. According to our direction instructions we were only to traverse a short (two minute) distance to our apartment. Turned out to be at least a mile walk dragging luggage over narrow sidewalks and cobblestone streets. Although small, it was comfortable quite interesting due to the fact that it was an old building with a cobblestone center that the building wrapped around. Very old school and charming. By then we were both on the verge of old aged exhaustion. We picked up a couple of groceries at a store about a block away and hit the bed early. I estimate that by that point we had both been up about 26 hours and it was time to sleep and explore the next day.

I told you there wasn't much to report for the first day, but, I had to start someplace. Hopefully, the remainder will be better.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

You are welcome. Can you believe I had never had Guinness before this? I had bought it to make a roast and a type of chocolate cake but I had never had any to drink. I didn't think I would like it, and to be honest until the last year I didn't really like dark beers. It wouldn't be my choice to drink every day, but every once in awhile would be fine.

One littlte tip. I only drink Guinness at room temperature. It tastes so much better to me that way. :)

betty rose

I really appreciate your comments, Gabe. I think the obligation to do things with family simply because you are related to these people is ridiculous. I think people should spend time together because they want to...not because they feel they have to. And some of us find our families, instead of being born into them. I never spend holidays with my extended family. I want to actually enjoy the holiday and not be stressed out. That's my family dynamic. I know it's different for others. Everyone should just do what works for them.

I think twenty somethings are adults who get to make their own decisions on how they spend their time. If they don't want to be at a family dinner, I can understand that. They need time to spend with their friends too. And I think some parents have a tendency to accept invitations on behalf of their adult children and that's just not fair.
I understand. We have told our daughter and SIL they are free to spend time with his parents. They have chosen not to. We truly think of our SIL as ours too. He is so good to our daughter and grandson's. And he is so thoughtful to us, we appreciate him so much. When I say the kids, meaning DD and SIL, I truly mean it. If I had a son, I wouldn't be more proud of him.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My doctor recently recommended Fitbit to me. He uses one (because he needs to lose a lot of weight) and likes it. I thought about it, but then looked at the price, and decided nope.
It seems to me that if the doctor recommended that you get one that you should get one regardless of the price.

If the doctor told you to take a certain medication, would you refuse to take it because of the price? I think not. That is just asinine.

There is a reason that he told you to get one. Perhaps the same reason he uses one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom