Who suffer from depression after coming back from WDW ? :(

AstridJMF

Original Poster
Those are my exact sentiments right now. 15 day trip felt like a long weekend away. But that usually means you enjoyed yourself. Better to come back and be sad then to be happy to be back after having your wallet lifted by Mickey and his friends. hahahah
haha!! true!!!! it is a positive way to see my sad feeling to not be there anymore lol

MissingDisney

Maybe it was ME losing our luggage, the terrible experience at AKL who also lost our luggage when we had to do a room switch, maybe the overly-alcohol-affected adults at the F&W, the constant issues with MM pics not showing up on our account causing repeated visits to the PP+ desks at the parks (after all, I paid for it in advance and wanted to make sure they were there!). I don't know....but this was the first time in all of our visits I was actually ready to come home by like day 4. The rest is a stressful blur. This is the first time ever we don't have a trip in the planning stages upon return from Disney and honestly, I'm fine with it. The price has gone through the roof but it just didn't seem like we were getting anything more for our money.

Luxe

Maybe it was ME losing our luggage, the terrible experience at AKL who also lost our luggage when we had to do a room switch, maybe the overly-alcohol-affected adults at the F&W, the constant issues with MM pics not showing up on our account causing repeated visits to the PP+ desks at the parks (after all, I paid for it in advance and wanted to make sure they were there!). I don't know....but this was the first time in all of our visits I was actually ready to come home by like day 4. The rest is a stressful blur. This is the first time ever we don't have a trip in the planning stages upon return from Disney and honestly, I'm fine with it. The price has gone through the roof but it just didn't seem like we were getting anything more for our money.

More like AngryDisFam :p

Sucks you had a bad experience but when I'm in the World no amount of mishaps can make me have a bad time.

inchy warrior

We have been at home a week now after spending 3 weeks at AKL. Spent today downloading all our fabulous photopass pictures and ones we took with our own cameras. Its made us sad but going through all these has put a smile back on our faces. And to be reminded us of giraffes, zebras and antelopes outside your bedroom window is something which will live with us for a very long time.
Next October cant come quick enough when we are back at WDW :D

brb1006

I feel your pain. The worst is the ride back to the airport to go back home
I don't know why but there's something about flying back home at night after you take off back home after leaving WDW that feels very bittersweet for me.
Oh gosh yes! love MCO airport when I arrive (like I'm finally home, I know weird but I feel happy when I arrive in this airport) but coming back this time is so difficult!
The worst is leaving the Magic Kingdom at night for the final time before returning home.

AstridJMF

Original Poster
I don't know why but there's something about flying back home at night after you take off back home after leaving WDW that feels very bittersweet for me.

The worst is leaving the Magic Kingdom at night for the final time before returning home.
AND when you passed a last time to your Disney front desk area with all these happy people who just arrive and you are in jeans and jackets because you go to the airport (ok I dont like to see these happy poeple who jus arrived, I'd like to say to them : stop smiling because you're just arriving and happy and ready to enjoy LOL, I know I m a bad person to think this hahaha!! ;) )
And you just want to buy all the shop because you afraid to regret to not have bought this thing, this tshirt ect ect LOL

sophie_the_pooh

I always get post Disney depression, but it was worst this year since we had such an amazing time with our 4 year old son... What really helped was starting to plan the next trip, even if it will be in January 2017...Bonne chance, tiens bon!

mf1972

AND when you passed a last time to your Disney front desk area with all these happy people who just arrive and you are in jeans and jackets because you go to the airport (ok I dont like to see these happy poeple who jus arrived, I'd like to say to them : stop smiling because you're just arriving and happy and ready to enjoy LOL, I know I m a bad person to think this hahaha!! ;) )
And you just want to buy all the shop because you afraid to regret to not have bought this thing, this tshirt ect ect LOL
you're not alone there. :arghh:

brb1006

This is odd choice, but what I really miss about WDW is the characters and the meet and greets. Especially the character interaction with guests. It's the type of feeling that's difficult to explain to a person who never been to WDW or any Disney Park. Mainly since meeting any character at WDW is the type of experience you don't get from any other amusement park such as Six Flags (Looney Tunes), any park owned by Cedar Point such as Knott's Berry Farm(The Peanuts), and Universal Studios. Meeting the characters is like meeting a celebrity or can trigger the Santa Clause experience young kinda would get when you have butterflies in you're stomach. I mean look how animated the characters at WDW are compared to the other parks you would see around the globe. You can even get there autographs, I will never forget crying tears if joy when I got to the All Star Sports Resort after getting Marie's autograph and how good she gives hugs.

AstridJMF

Original Poster
I came back from Disney May 27, 2014 and I'm still experiencing Post Disney Vacation Depression.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol !i'm dead then LOL

The atmosphere, the weather, the happy people, mickey and friends... everything make you want to come back there ASAP :)
BUT I understand if something went wrong it is a different way of things...
Glad I have a positive trip ... and be depressed about being back because I know it is maybe childish and most of my friends dont see it like this (neither my family, not as WDW freaks than I am lol) WDW is MY happy place, my place where I forget every worry, every sad feeling, every problem... I feel FAR FAR away... :)

JohnByers

I always start planning the other trip to help once back from a vacation. This year however an impromptu 2 day trip for my anniversary was a great stop gap between our trip this past Aug and when we get to introduce my nephew and BIL to the joys of WDW the end of June 2016. We try and go once a year and after a quick trip really might be willing to do a long weekend in the fall of 2016 now!

Innkeeper's Club

While it's always hard leaving Walt Disney World because I always have this thought in my mind to leave early on my check-out day since I drive down, I always manage to make a BounceBack reservation for my next trip. This way I know that I'm coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom