WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

Clamman73

Pinetreeup2015.jpg

With the D7200 and 35mm...Yeah it's a pine tree...things are getting a little drab going into winter.

stuart

Been a while since I posted in this thread, so a few local ones from last few months. I'll put up some WDW ones from June and New York from September at some point.

Back in June it was the annual Kirking of the Council parade and service - where our councillors parade through the town to have a church service, led by a local pipe band, town officer and chief constable and flanked on either side by members of the Society of High Constables - a now ceremonial role - but made up of local business owners / men who would in years gone by would have quelled any civil unrest in the event of a police strike or lack of police man power.

DSC_2456-X3.jpg

DSC_2470-X2.jpg

DSC_3760-X2.jpg

DSC_2418-X3.jpg

Some news worth events from the last month.

First of all, following a wall collapse at the rear of these buildings, inspections being carried out by the fire service. No one was injured, and at one point a total of 6 fire appliances at the scene.

DSC_7875-X3.jpg

DSC_2841-X3.jpg

You can see where the wall has gone in this picture with just the wooden wall left behind...
DSC_7776-X3.jpg

Good going job here with a fire at a former hotel which has been closed for a couple years now. The hotel is owned by the Stagecoach group owners.

DSC_1753-X3.jpg

DSC_3130-X3.jpg

DSC_1789-X3.jpg

DSC_3172-X3.jpg

DSC_1912-X3.jpg

Later that same week as the pictures above, there was another small basement fire, but it threatened to spread quickly in the block of flats with the myriad of chimneys. The fire was put out before any significant damage was done. I was working at my day job, and we were staying open slightly later as it was our Christmas light switch on and firework display - perfect timing for me as this happened about a half hour before the fireworks - just at usual finishing time. I had only brought my D4S + 70-200 and D7100 and my wide angle lens for a change to capture the fireworks - so a few different shots of the scene, but i dont like how it flares. With this road now closed off, and engines into a main route out of the town, there was pandemonium when everyone came back round from the fireworks.

DSC_2251-X3.jpg

DSC_2034-X2.jpg

DSC_2124-X3.jpg

DSC_3314-X3.jpg

DSC_2371-X3.jpg

DSC_3358-X3.jpg

DSC_2138-X3.jpg

stuart

Took the plunge and bought a D4S earlier this year - mainly in part of becoming the photographer for a ladies football team. One of the highlights of this season was winning the league cup.

DSC_3196-X3.jpg

DSC_3483-X3.jpg

DSC_3586-X2.jpg

Promotion was celebrated with champagne and confetti
DSC_9420-X3.jpg

DSC_9357-X3.jpg

DSC_9383-X2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom