Embarrassing Disney Stories!

Pluto'sGrl

Two incidents from our most recent trip in Nov 07, which was also our honeymoon.

The first occurred early one morning as my new DH and I waited through the opening festivities at Epcot, then made a beeline to Soarin'. Most ppl had the same idea and we were in the first ten ppl at the head of the crowd. Suddenly, just was we were going up the incline into the Land, this little girl stopped dead in front of me and I went flying to avoid squashing her. Luckily, DH caught me and we kept moving only falling a little behind. Moments later, the same little girl did it to another guest! The ppl in line were all griping about the same adorable little blond girl that kept tripping everyone up!

More embarassing though was an unfortunate mistake by maintenance personnel at POFQ. My DH and I were grabbing a quick shower before a dinner reservation. All of a sudden we hear someone talking outside the bathroom door in our hotel room! "You sink broken" is all we keep hearing someone repeat. From the shower we yell "what? Who are you?". "Maintenance, you sink broken" is the only response we keep getting. I made my husband jump out and see who was in our room. Apparently a guest in a different room had made a call about a plumbing problem and the CM had given the incorrect room number to the maintenance staff. When the maintenance guy realized we were both indisposed, he still kept trying to talk to us through the bathroom door...lol.
Almost as embarrassing as being caught in the shower unawares, was the fact that I then had to call the concierge desk, to report that a maintenance person had keyed into our room (that spoke very little english) and didn't leave right away when we told him we didn't need our sink fixed, the CM kept arguing that we had called and requested a sink repair. I had to tell two different CMs that we didn't place the call and rehash the story about being caught in the shower together. Now we know we must always put the security bar on even if the door is locked.

mrscricket

u guys might have already read this in the threaD i posted but i was then told about this similar thred that was more popular.

I had an embarrasing moment when at Typhoon Lagoon.

It was the end of the day and me and my friend were going to the changing rooms. For some reason we walked straight past it and because we couldnt find it, we went to the toilets to get changed. The cleaners were cleaning them and told us to go to the changing rooms, but the cleaner had a very strong American accent, and me being the deaf English, I couldnt understand her. So me and my friend went to a quite corner of one of the areas to sunbathe. Nobody was around so we got changed there.

My friend seemed to have no problem getting changed while keeping the towel wrapped around herself unlike me, so when she got changed, I made her hold thetowel around me.

I had just got my bikini bottoms of when a (very good looking) life guard walks past. He looks at us and smiles and says "Is she deck changing?" My friend just burst out laughing and I went bright red.The lifeguard then added, "You know the changing rooms are about 15yards away". He walked of laughing.

I finally finished getting changed and we went back to the rest of our group. My friend was more than happy to tell the rest of the group what had happened. On the way out of the park, who did we see, yes the lifeguard, who had a very cheeky grin on his face!

On the same holiday, at Blizzard Beach, we were on the lazy river, and me and my friend were having a really good time looking at the fit lifeguards. And when wasnt looking I did a lip lick (like in films where u sexily lick your lips). Luckily the lifeguard didnt see. But another old man saw.

He just kept laughin and I hung my head in embarrasment. And all the way around the lazy river, he was there laughing at me. And whenever we saw him around the park he was smile at me.

There is something about water parks that makes me embarras myself!

I was wrong... I do have an embarrassing story (must have blocked it out). We were lucky enough to be asked to be the family that opened the Liberty Tree Tavern for the day... well they handed me a bell and we were told I had to ring the bell three times, then we were to read something for the opening. Well I was a little over-excited, and rang the bell about a dozen times, by the 8th ring the woman from the Liberty Tree and my bf kept looking at me like I was nuts and finally my bf had to take the bell out of my hand :ROFLOL:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've posted this elsewhere, but my "Magical Moment" at MGM last year was a bit embarassing:

We were approached in line to rent a locker at MGM last year and the CM asked me to pick a number between 100 and 150 and if I came within 25 of the right number, I'd win a prize. I picked 75 :eek: [I hadn't really been paying attention when he asked]. The CM looked at me like the idiot I was and turned to my 12-yo son and said "You should explain this game to your dad" :rolleyes:

Then he asked DS and got the correct 125 answer... :brick:

DS won a free locker rental, all we had to pay was the key deposit, which we got back later. :lol:

ps. I always excelled at math in school... :lookaroun

Scooter

I was staying at The Poynesian Resort. First time there. I got sick and had a 103º fever. I was freezing so I told my wife I was going to The Great Cerimonial House to get some hot chocolate. It was night time and on my way back to the room, I some how got lost..I mean REALLY lost. I wanderered around the entire resort area for over half an hour. I like to think I was just a little dizzy from the fever. Being the man I am I was too embarrased to ask anyone for help finding my room. Finally, my wife spotted me wandering around and opened the sliding door of the balcony and yelled at me. I was never so glad to see anyone in my life.

I ended up being sick for the rest of the vacation, stuck in a 300 dollar a night resort room for 3 nights. Thank God I felt good for the first 4 days of the vacation before I got sick.

Kelle0702

This is a great topic!! I have a great story!!
This happened the last time I was on vacation at disney with my mom and sister. We were staying at the contemporary and it was late one night maybe 1:00 am, my sister and I were finishing up our room service while my mom had gone to sleep. My sister who was 13 at the time and weighed a little under 100 pounds insisted that she wanted to put the tray in the hall I told her it was heavy and she said no she wanted to do it. It was late and I wasn't going to fight and wake up my mom so I was sitting on the bed and she starts bringing the tray to the door. She starts to open the door and I hear the plates rattling but I see her get the door open and I think oh wow she actually did it. But I was wrong next thing I hear is a crash and my sister red in the face comes running back to the room almost crying and climbing under the blanket saying I dropped everything in the hallway!! Well instead of getting mad I just busted out laughing and ran to go clean but when I got to the doorway and saw the mess I lost it plates had rolled almost 10 doors away and one of those tops they put over the plates was still rolling away and as I'm quietly laughing and running down the hall in my pj's I'm just thinking please god don't let anyone open their door and start screaming at me. My sister got out from under the sheets and we cleaned everything up in super speed and soon as we closed the door we started laughing and I said wow mom didn't get up maybe it wasn't really all that loud but all the sudden she just busts out laughing and goes it was that loud and I couldn't get up I was laughing to hard at you two idiots. Luckily we saw our neighbors the next morning and they didn't say anything and from what we know no one complained. But still to this day it gives us all a great laugh!!!

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I posted this on the celebrity sightings thread, but well, it's an embarrassing moment for myself...sooo - here ya go...
-------------------------------------------------------
I do have to tell a "D'OH" moment on myself...

I was working the merchandise cart on the right side of the Train Station one day. I opened the park (was a rather slow morning actually). Anyway - We never had much business early on. I was standing there...getting everything all "neat and pretty" :animwink: and I see a bunch of people, with Cast Members & management in front of City Hall. I'm looking and looking trying to figure out who the heck it is...Low and hold, it's Walter Cronkite. He was there for the "re-Grand Opening" of SSE from himself to Jeremy Irons as the narrator.

So, I'm kinda all giddy inside just watching everyone. Then this very, truly, nice lady (very distinguished) comes up and wants to buy film. I sell her the film, and in my "giddiness" - I explain to her that, if she looks over toward City Hall, she'll be able to see Mr. Walter Cronkite. She turns her head, looks, and immediately, turns back to me, and says........

"Yes, I know...that's my Father."

Trying NOT to say anything any more than I needed to after that, I politely said - "You have a GREAT Disney day!" and immediately started to eat my tongue! :hammer::p

daringstoic

This one involves embarrassment by association more than anything I personally did. I'm still seasonal with the company, so I came down for 5 days to pick up a couple of shifts and visit people in November. One of my friends came with me, so I stayed at Pop Century instead of crashing at someone's apartment. The day we were at the MK, my friend bought one of the souvenir popcorn buckets and decided she wanted to save it since she had one from a previous trip. She left it laying on the floor in the hotel room the next day (our last in the parks), and when we got back at the end of the day, she discovered that the housekeepers had thrown it away. She has a bit of a temper, and got really mad that her $4 popcorn bucket was gone. She decided that she wanted to call and make a report, and I begged her not to. The room was in my name, and had CM discount rates, and I didn't want to be dragged into anything that ridiculous. If it had been something of value stolen, I would've wanted her to report it, but it just seemed silly to call in about a popcorn bucket. On top of that, my former area manager had transferred to the hotel a few months before, and I really had no desire to cross paths with him again.
Anyway, despite my protests, she insisted on calling anyway, and spent half an hour on the phone making her official complaint. All the while, I was pacing the room torn alternately laughing at her and wanting to yank the phone out of the wall. The volume was so loud that I could hear the manager on the other end (thankfully not the one I knew) dutifully taking her complaint and managing not to say anything sarcastic. Since the park was already closed, he said there was nothing he could do for her between then and when we checked out in the morning, which she was OK with. A few minutes later, there was an unexpected knock on our door, and I seriously hid in the bathroom, afraid that it was my old manager.
I was just cringing imagining the way the incident would be re-told by the CMs in the break room later on. That's the kind of thing that's destined to be an inside joke for the CMs. I've never been on that end of one of those stories before...

Cynderella

Hopefully, this doesn't cause offence.

It's all about the difference in our language: I'm from England.

Back in 2001 my daughter was 8 years old. Platinum blonde and "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth".

In the US you call them "erasers".

Anyway, we're in the Shamu shop in Seaworld and my daughter loves to collect "erasers". I'm over one side of the shop and suddenly at the top of her voice my daughter shouts "Dad! Dad! they sell rubbers in here and there's one big enough for Shamu!" I've never seen so many Americans turn and stare in disbelief at such a "sweet" girl in my life.:lol:

Now that is funny!! :ROFLOL:

maybe that's why we call them erasers.:lookaroun :lol:

daringstoic

Thought of another one:
While working at Splash Mountain, I was in the tower and had to give the line keep-up spiel over the PA (you know, the standard no smoking, keep your FPs out and ready, keep up with the person in front of you that nobody really listens to). We have two buttons for the queue, and you have to press both at the same time. However, on this particular day, I accidentally pressed the first queue button and the all-ride PA button and gave the whole minute-long spiel. It was only when I received a call from our dispatch operator a few seconds later informing me that the spiel had been blasting from every speaker on the entire ride did I realize what I had done. I'm sure the guests floating along through the Laughing Place were wondering why they were being instructed to keep up with those in front of them...:hammer:From then on, I checked the PA buttons I was hitting as carefully as I checked the other buttons in tower.

natolij02

So our most embarassing moment was when we were down in Sept 07' we had gone back to our room (at POP) with our 18 month old daughter so she could take a nap. We decided to take a little snooze ourselves. It was so hot so we decided to strip down when we layed down, hubby layed on one bed and I was in the other with the baby. I was smart and climbed under the covers and hubby....well let's just say he decided he didn't need a blanket. We didn't think it would be a big deal as "mousekeeping" had already been to our room......well apparently they decided to come back. All of the sudden we heard "knock knock" and an instant door opening.....before I could yell out "just a minute" she realized that she walked into a room of nakedness...and turned around real quick and left. At first I was pretty mad because mousekeeping came to our room when it had already been completed but, now I look back and find it kind of funny.

tigfan

I was with my girlfriend at the time and we were going around World Showcase taking pictures of us wearing hats from each country (i.e. berets in France, Viking hats in Norway, etc). We got to Morocco (which, for anyone unfamiliar with the layout of World Showcase, is about the midpoint) and took pictures of each other wearing these cool leather hats that were just really really comfortable. So much so, that we forgot to take them off as we wandered through the rest of the countries. It wasn't until we got to Mexico and went to try on the sombreros that we realized we were still wearing the Moroccan hats. Totally embarrassed, we hightailed it back to Morocco to return the hats we had inadvertently "stolen". When we got back to return the hats, the CMs in Morocco were dying laughing because they had watched us wander off, forgetting we were wearing the hats. Apparently it's not technically considered "shoplifting" unless we had tried to exit the park without paying for the merchandise. Still, I was very impressed (and a little embarrassed) that the CMs were so cool about it.

Canada-Cat

I don't even know where to begin...

I guess this one is very embarrassing but, it's still pretty funny. My mom's ex-boyfriend had gotten my mom and I annual passes for Christmas last year. One of the first times we went to the park (Magic Kingdom), my Mom decided to splurge and get ice cream. Please keep in mind, my mother never spends money, it's even more rare that she spent it on food. So, as we are casually eating our ice cream and walking towards Tomorrowland, a dang seagull comes out of no where and knocks the ice cream out of my mom's hand. It was hysterical (for me anyways) but, a very kind employee replaced it.

Another story was on our way to Disney World. We were taking my cousin with us. My Aunt allowed us to use her Sun Pass for the tolls and we happily accepted it. Every time we'd pass through a toll, the Sun Pass would make a weird chirping noise. Upon asking my cousin if he knew why it was sounding like that, he shrugged and assumed that it was working. Two days later, my Mom had gotten three tickets in the mail that caused us to pay a fine. Turns out, the Sun Pass had no money on it. It was very embarrassing. I don't think my Aunt knows about it still.

Whenever we went to the park with my cousin, I was very absentminded whenever I nearly walked into an elderly couple on their scooters. I quietly apologized but, was soon mortified to hear my cousin yell, "Tori (my real name), watch the old people!". Needless to say, the couple glared at us and my cousin awkwardly apologized. Due to our luck, we saw this couple every where.

The final story would have to be the time whenever my ex-boyfriend and I where hanging out in the caves on Tom Sawyer Island. We were goofing off and I jumped out at him...or so I thought. It ended up being a group of younger children and their parents. I ducked behind a wall with him and was really embarrassed. The mother chuckled and the kids were laughing. The father, however, didn't think we were very funny and began to yell at us. I guess that whenever I slipped behind the wall with my ex, the dad thought we were doing something bad and mumbled something along the lines of "this is a children's park" and that "we shouldn't be messing around here". Awkward.

Haha, those are my horror stories. Knowing my luck, more will be coming. :p

SyracuseDisneyFan

I was at Disney with my Dad and younger siblings for a few days in October of 2012. We were at the Art of Animation. I went to pick something up from Animation Hall. I went back to my room, but I was in the wrong Lion King building. Oops.

While working as a skipper at JC I heard a ICP refer to a little boy as a #$÷/: bag. We confronted her, taking the difference in slang even amongst English speaking nations into consideration, and explained what it was and it wasn't disney appropriate. I'll never forget that English accent proclaim "is that what it means. I thought it meant silly billy, you guys call each other d bags all the time"

JourneysEnd

I've posted this elsewhere, but my "Magical Moment" at MGM last year was a bit embarassing:

We were approached in line to rent a locker at MGM last year and the CM asked me to pick a number between 100 and 150 and if I came within 25 of the right number, I'd win a prize. I picked 75 :eek: [I hadn't really been paying attention when he asked]. The CM looked at me like the idiot I was and turned to my 12-yo son and said "You should explain this game to your dad" :rolleyes:

Then he asked DS and got the correct 125 answer... :brick:

DS won a free locker rental, all we had to pay was the key deposit, which we got back later. :lol:

ps. I always excelled at math in school... :lookaroun
That's funny

stw

This was a few years back. I'm there with my best friend of 30 years plus. We're at Epcot and at the time, they had these big carts in the covered walkways that take you from the plaza to Living with the Land on one side and Test Track on the other. On one of these carts, they were selling these large bouncy balls. They looked like basketballs but were actually really light.

We're walking past the cart when the guy selling them says "Hey catch, Big Guy!!" and bounces one to me.

Now, I worked retail for years, and I understand the concept of getting the product into the hands of the person because that makes it harder for them to turn down the sale. But come on. Two old fat guys in their late 40's? No kid is sight? What am I going to do with a bouncy ball? Plus, yea, I was like 350 at the time but NOBODY calls me "Big Guy".

I take the ball, bounce it hard back to him. The sales guy misses it and the ball ricochets off his face. I mean BLAM!!! You could almost see the stars circling his head. I start in with a chorus of "Oh I'm so sorry, are you OK, I'm so sorry". The guy actually apologizes to me and says it's OK.

As we're walking away the aforementioned best friend says, really loud, well within earshot of the guy, "Don't lie, you're not sorry that happened. You didn't mean it to, it was an accident, but you're not sorry that happened."

That's when I knew I didn't have lazar eyes cause if I did, his head would have been melting.......

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom