Pre-Trip 1 yr wedding anniversary trip! COMPLETED!

Hey guys! Quick intro..I'm Courtney and I'm 32..mother of Brooklyn who is 15...married to Kevin who is 35 for almost a yr.. he has 3 kids...Vincent age 13...Kayla age 12 and Mia who is 9.

Just returned from the World on May 6th(family trip to celebrate Mia's bday)...BUT I BOOKED A BOUNCEBACK to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary which is on Aug 2nd!!! I have never been to Disney as an adult without kids so I am ***BEYOND EXCITED**. This will be my 15th trip and my husband's 4th. He had never been to Dis before he met me...and I was so happy after our first trip together that he ''got'' my obsession. This pic was taken 2 weeks ago out front of the MK...and it literally took us 30 tries to get a half decent pic...he got mad when I told him he looked like a pumpkin in a few of them...and then he told me I looked bald in one...pure lies! My hair is halfway down my back...I have no shortage of it lol. Aahhhh...newlyweds;)

photo (3).jpg

So I haven't made many plans yet except for a few ADR's. We have California Grill for the night of our 1 anniversary, but we may switch to Yachtman's. We also have a lunch res at BOG one day. I finally told him about the trip yesterday lol and he was ok with it!;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
9 DAYS!!!! WE ARE IN SINGLE DIGITS!!! I am **BEYONDDDD** excited!! Trying really hard not to think about our trip. The last thing we are trying to figure out is if we want to add another day to our hoppers or add a waterpark day...I know my husband would like to go TL again, but I'm just worried about the crowds! Any advice?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Okkkkk....so we had an AWESOME TIME!!! Flight down was great...landed on time...no line for POFQ at the Magical Express. The ride was terrible tho! NO AIR CONDITIONING...and it was in the high 80's...so we tried to sit as still as possible lol. Got to FQ and fell in love right away!! It's our new favorite! We got a great room...5201 which was just STEPS from the pool, foodcourt, and bus stop!!! Literally a 30 second walk. Loved how small the resort was, altho I did think the food court was a little lacking as far as food choices...but I'm fat and can eat anything so it wasn't really a big deal:)

Our first night(7-30) We went to the Cape May Buffet and both loved it. Kevin REALLY loved it lol so it also became a new favorite. We were tired after that and went to bed knowing we wanted to be out of bed by 830.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
7-31...our first full day!!! We got to HS right before 9am and had fastpasses for ToT, RnRC and TGMR. After our rides it was time for lunch so we went to Backlot Express which is out fave in HS. Kevin ordered the grilled veggie sandwich and I got the boneless buffalo wings...we both liked our choices and shared...except he hates desserts so I got both of those lol. After lunch we made our way back to FQ for some swimming and showers before dinner. By the time we got back it was POURING!!!! Even thothe pool was closed I went and read under an umbrella and had the whole place to myself!!! After about an hour it calmed down to a drizzle and the pool was re-opened but NO ONE CAME!!! We had the pool to ourselves for about an hour! It was sooooo relaxing!

pofqpool.jpg

After swimming and showering it was time for dinner at Boma! We were excited to try a new place to eat, plus we had never been to AKL so I was excited to look around. Boma was great and we would def go back. After dinner our waitress brought us an anniversay treat, but since we just attacked the buffet like 2 starving animals there was no room for these little guys. It loosly translates to ''Happy Anniversary'' in Afrikaans. I gave them to the table next us with 2 little boys. Bellies full we decided against going to Epcot and headed back to FQ for a late night dip.
Excellent end to a great first day!

vier.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
8-1-2015 Day 2...

So we were up bright and early and off to Epcot by 9am. I was really worried about crowds which is why we never go to WDW in the summer anymore, we were SHOCKED at how low the crowds really were! We walked right on Figment and rode ALONE...there was NO ONE in sight it was crazy! We had FP's for SE, TT and Soarin'...we did standby for Mission Space which of course had no line as well! Forced Kevin to do the Vegetable Boat ride and then decided it was time to hit the WS for lunch...both our fave parts in alllllll of WDW. Kevin wanted to eat at Mexico so I decided to get an avocado marg at La Cava and it was LIFE CHANGING!!! OMGGG...it was sooooooo good!!! After my liquid lunch we decided to head back to FQ to shower before dinner. I wanted to just stay until it was time for our ADR's at Garden Grill but Kevin was sweaty and gross and wanted to clean up.
lacava.jpg

After showers we took a bus back to Epcot and checked into GG. We were seated quickly and then just waited and waited...it was the first time it took over an hour for our food to come out. We were starving and had to be back at POR by 830 for our horse drawn carriage ride. We inhaled the food when it finally came and opted for no dessert, but our sever packed it up for us and some bottles of water and we were off! Very nice of her! We made it to our carriage ride and had Star as our driver and Beau who pulled us along lol. The ride was nice...very peaceful and relaxing! Not sure what we did after that, but probably headed back to the room.
gardengrill.jpg

emptyepcot.jpg

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
DAY 3
8-2-2015 Our 1 year wedding anniversary!
The first year really flew by and we were excited to celebrate at the MK!
SLEEPINGBEAUTY.jpg

We took like 5 pics all around the MK with my stupid sign lol..we had fun with it! Took it on Splash Mtn...pics are above in earlier entries. We got the MK bright and early around 9am. Our first PF was Space Mtn but not until 10:40 so we did COP and People Mover until then.

After Space we had FP's for Splash and Big Thunder. We decided to head back to FQ for lunch so I could try the beignets for the first time. I wasn't too crazy about them but I was glad that I finally go to try then after hearing about them for so long. We also tried the chili baked potato and some kind of soup..we didn;t want to over eat and then not be able to enjoy our anniversary dinner at Yachtsman! We got all fancied up and made our way over to dinner. Kevin LOVED it and said it was quite possibly the best steak he ever had. Our waitress was super sweet and sent us out a complimentary dessert. We headed back stuffed and prepared for our last full day! Sadddd

benyays.jpg
pofqlunchaug2nd.jpg

yachtsmandessert.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 4...
8-3-2015
Our last full day....SPOILER ALERT....or is it??!! Hehehehe....
Waking up on your last full day is the worst...almost as bad as departure day. This day we did MK again. Peter Pan was our first FP for the day...I LOVEEEE this ride...it's just so freakin cute!! After that we did all the mountains and HOP which my history buff husband loved. I have to admit I got it mixed up with the AA show at Epcot which I like better. Oops lol!
I was really excited about 'Ohana for dinner because we had 935 ressies and wishes began at 10pm that night. Of course we couldn't see a thing lol but that was ok! After dinner we went for a spin on the monorail, eventually getting off at the MK and hopping a bus back to FQ. The ME was picking us up around 12 the next day...waahhhh

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 5
8-4-2015
Departure day...Sadddd...

The ME was set to pick us up right around noon...we slept in and then grabbed lunch at the food court and did some last minute souvenir shopping for the kids we left behind lol. As we were sitting outside waiting for the bus, I started to cry which I've never done. It was so weird and I couldn't explain it, but I did NOT want to leave. I told Kevin, and he hated to see me cry so he started to look for flights for the following day or so. Then the bus came. It was over...time was up...we boarded...BUT best husband ever called Frontier and switched our flight for 2 days later!! We hopped off the bus at the first stop, Saratoga Springs!! I was soooo freaking excited!! 2 more days!! I convinced my husband to stay for 2 more days!! But stay where??? LOL...we had no room, no hoppers, no more dining plan...We walked up to the check in line and told the CM our story she LOVEDDD IT!!! She offered us a room at SS but I declined and said we were going to try and make it back to FQ to see what could be done since we booked the room on a bounceback and we had literally just checked out 45 mins ago. She surprised us with a free taxi voucher to get us back to FQ!! Super nice of her, I should have gotten her name! We made it back to FQ where we had the pleasure of having Michelle wait on us. She was great and went above and beyond. She checked us back in...so we got a new room and then we needed to tackle hoppers. I had an unused 5 day hopper in my 15 yr daughter's name from May when we went as a family(long story as to why it was unused...but there it was) I knew they are non-transferable...but I figured it didn't hurt to ask if it could be switched over to my name. I assumed she would say no and that would have been it as I never would have put up a fight since I knew the policy. We would have just bought new ticks for both of us. She went to ask another CM and when she came back she told me it was all done and the ticket was now in MY NAME! I couldn't believe it!!! I was floored! So greatful!! I asked for her manager and praised her without telling the manager about the hopper part in case she would have gotten in trouble. I then asked Michelle if she knew about the WDW Magic forums and she said yes! I told her I would shout her out so hopefully she saw it!

Kinda hard to remember what we did the rest of that day...especially since the only pics I have from that day are of our new room.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Day 6
8-5-2015
Kevin surprised me with another anniversary present when we woke up. He told me to get ready because we had to be at the Contemporary in 2 hrs. We made our way over there and when we arrived he told me that we were going to go parasailing!!! I was soooo excited!! I've always wanted to go parasailing and what better place to do it than over Bay Lake! It was so peaceful and quiet up there at 600 feet! We got the package that included the on boat photographer but we still have gone to print the pics out lol. It was so cool being able to see Spaceship Earth, ToT,Space Mountain and other rides and hotels from up there. Afterwards, we were starving as usual, so we hopped the monorail and ate somewhere in the MK...can't remember...and honestly the next day is a blur as well lol...so I suppose this is the end of our TR. All in all it was a great time...good weather...ok crowds, actually much more manageable than I remembered from the early 2000's. Of course back then I was lugging around a stroller and diaper bag...but all in all a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom