Crowds: Food & Wine vs. Flower & Garden??

pajammies

I am totally aware that the crowds are bonkers these days, but I am wondering, if F&G brings the same amount of crowds as F&W?
I feel like it's not quite as large of crowds, but they also (just a few years back, right?) added food booths to Flower & Garden. So did that make crowds larger? Isn't there even concerts?

I do understand that any time is a crap shoot with crowds, just wondering about the general crowds so far comparing the two. We just came back a week ago and is was very busy.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.:)

pajammies

Original Poster
That's what I thought, but wasn't positive. I'm trying to decide between a September and May trip for next time, although January is still in the mix.
Just wanted to make sure it wan't quite as busy as Food and Wine. We also just left there a week ago and I really didn't love the crowds.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Original Poster
Flower & Garden is nowhere near as busy as Food & Wine (and it might be an unpopular opinion but I've actually preferred Flower & Garden the past few years).

We were there for Flower and Garden about ten years ago and I have wanted to go back ever since. I just loved it.
I would think if crowds are lower I would also prefer to go in May. I don't need the extra food, but it was fun this past trip seeing what Food and Wine was all about. But with Flower and Garden, you get the gardens and a little taste of the food booths. I am not a drinker so the beer and wine is absolutely a non-issue to me, so no biggie missing that.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Original Poster
Yeah I don't think F&G gets anywhere near the crowds that F&W does. I will not go back during F&W - that's how bad it was 2 weeks ago!

I totally agree, we came back 11/17 and it was crowded all through the World, so I'm thinking of trying a new month. We've been in Sep, Nov, Jan and May, and so far Sep is the slowest. And Nov, (this year being the only time we've gone in Nov) is not a month I want to come back to. However, it seems all the months are becoming more and more crowded, so I likely will just need to learn to deal with the crowds. But at least avoiding Food and Wine is a good start, lol.

Upvote 0
I've done F&G for the last four consecutive years and F&W twice in four years. I am probably in the minority, but I strongly dislike Food and Wine. The crowds are insane and it is hard to participate if you don't want to spend a lot of money (which made going in groups hard). I've always dealt with large, unruly crowds that made the simple act of walking through the showcase a chore. Its hard to find a place to stand to eat your food and it gets even harder if you have a drink and food and no place to put any of it down. A lot of things get spilled and dropped for this reason. If your party doesn't agree on what booths to get from, things get even worse! Despite all this, the CMs have always been great and they are doing whatever they can to keep things orderly. Sadly it doesn't always work.

Flower and Garden is so beautiful and much less crowded. You don't need to spend a dime over park admission to enjoy F&G as the atmosphere is the true winner of the festival, it is really really pretty! Of course, the booths are fun and I actually enjoy the food more at F&G because it's a lot less heavy. The whole experience is a lot more enjoyable: less wait times for food, more places to stop and enjoy said food, the atmosphere is great, fewer crazy people! Also, if you hit up F&G in March you'll likely have a much more comfortable temperature on your trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I've done F&G for the last four consecutive years and F&W twice in four years. I am probably in the minority, but I strongly dislike Food and Wine. The crowds are insane and it is hard to participate if you don't want to spend a lot of money (which made going in groups hard). I've always dealt with large, unruly crowds that made the simple act of walking through the showcase a chore. Its hard to find a place to stand to eat your food and it gets even harder if you have a drink and food and no place to put any of it down. A lot of things get spilled and dropped for this reason. If your party doesn't agree on what booths to get from, things get even worse! Despite all this, the CMs have always been great and they are doing whatever they can to keep things orderly. Sadly it doesn't always work.

Flower and Garden is so beautiful and much less crowded. You don't need to spend a dime over park admission to enjoy F&G as the atmosphere is the true winner of the festival, it is really really pretty! Of course, the booths are fun and I actually enjoy the food more at F&G because it's a lot less heavy. The whole experience is a lot more enjoyable: less wait times for food, more places to stop and enjoy said food, the atmosphere is great, fewer crazy people! Also, if you hit up F&G in March you'll likely have a much more comfortable temperature on your trip!
I hold an identical perspective. F&W is just not our pace. Been twice and don't need to do it again. I don't drink and DH only drinks like 5 glasses of wine a year. The food is good but it gets pricey. Its's exciting for about 5 minutes, then becomes burdensome and a little too chaotic for us. I prefer a quieter WS. We much prefer F&G too and we're going again this coming March.

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

The previous comments are spot on. I used to so look forward to F&W but now with the crowds and large groups of drinkers (unruly, at best) I have no desire to do F&W ever again. And that's why we booked F&G after just getting back from the World last week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I totally agree, we came back 11/17 and it was crowded all through the World, so I'm thinking of trying a new month. We've been in Sep, Nov, Jan and May, and so far Sep is the slowest. And Nov, (this year being the only time we've gone in Nov) is not a month I want to come back to. However, it seems all the months are becoming more and more crowded, so I likely will just need to learn to deal with the crowds. But at least avoiding Food and Wine is a good start, lol.
We are booked for the first week in September next year! Got an amazing deal at the Beach Club and I am looking forward to lower crowds and NO Food & Wine! Lol November used to be such an awesome time to go, but everyone figured that out and the crowds keep getting worse lol. We are very excited for September- it'll be hot but it is okay... The F&W festival doesn't start until later in the month usually.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Original Poster
We are booked for the first week in September next year! Got an amazing deal at the Beach Club and I am looking forward to lower crowds and NO Food & Wine! Lol November used to be such an awesome time to go, but everyone figured that out and the crowds keep getting worse lol. We are very excited for September- it'll be hot but it is okay... The F&W festival doesn't start until later in the month usually.

Lol, that sounds so opposite of everyone else, but I'm agreeing, I don't think I have any desire to go back to F&W.
When we went in September several years ago, it was dead, I mean 10 minute or less waits for everything, one can only dream of that now. But I suspect that would still be a great time to go. I don't mind the heat, especially when there are so many places to duck in and catch some AC if need be.

I was going to take a solo trip in May (I really want to see Flower & Garden again) or September, but my 16 DD gave me a very sad look when I told her that, and now I'm not sure I can leave her home, lol, so now I'm not sure what I'm doing!
Leaning towards September because it will give me more time to save, but like I said, I really want to see F&G again. But it will be busier then too. Decisions!!

How did you snag a great deal this far ahead, are you DVC?

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Lol, that sounds so opposite of everyone else, but I'm agreeing, I don't think I have any desire to go back to F&W.
When we went in September several years ago, it was dead, I mean 10 minute or less waits for everything, one can only dream of that now. But I suspect that would still be a great time to go. I don't mind the heat, especially when there are so many places to duck in and catch some AC if need be.

I was going to take a solo trip in May (I really want to see Flower & Garden again) or September, but my 16 DD gave me a very sad look when I told her that, and now I'm not sure I can leave her home, lol, so now I'm not sure what I'm doing!
Leaning towards September because it will give me more time to save, but like I said, I really want to see F&G again. But it will be busier then too. Decisions!!

How did you snag a great deal this far ahead, are you DVC?
I booked through a TA who has "magical deals" and for september, they have a labor day offer. Literally paying less than what I'd pay for a moderate, for a deluxe! We couldn't pass it up!

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We did F&W the end of September 2011, during a "mini"-vacation up here in NY. The crowds in Epcot were insane. We wouldn't do it again.
We did F&G during our "Spring Break" in 2014. The crowds were much more manageable. I would do that again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom