The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I remember that was the usual complain on the RUN DISNEY events.
Where people who BARELY can run, decide to participate but end blocking the people who actually do run.

That is Disney's fault. They turned their Runs into everything from a Run, to a Waddle to a Walk. A revenue decision and it works for them. If it is acceptable to Disney to accept the walker times I can't fault the Walkers.

catmom46

Time for Disneyland pics! I had hoped to get there when it opened, but DD took her time getting up that morning. :) So we arrived at 8:30am, but it took some time to pay for parking, although the trams were pretty quick, but getting through the gates took some more time. We decided to go on Alice in Wonderland first, which had about a 20 minute wait, but while in line it temporarily closed due to someone losing something on the ride. Fortunately, it didn't take long for the ride to get going again, but by the time we got on it was about 9:45am. While we waited, the woman behind us said that the park was way more crowded on Mon and Tue, so crowded that they were literally directing people where to go throughout the park. :jawdrop: I've never experienced that degree of crowdedness and hope I never do.

Anyway, here are some Alice pics. A little blurry, though.
IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0498.JPG

Next up was Snow White. The witch scared DD, though.
IMG_0499.JPG IMG_0500.JPG

Then we went on Pinocchio, which DD enjoyed. She hasn't seen the movie yet, but she's read the picture book.
IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0509.JPG

Next up was Storybook Land, which DD really enjoyed. She thought the miniatures were so cute!
IMG_0517.JPG

Gabe1

Ok after watching 99% off the parade now I don't know what people are talking about when you say the singing was bad. All the music was prerecorded as far as I can tell so it's CD quality. Do you just mean you don't enjoy musicals?

I watched Chicago too. Disney and Macy's are very different than what I am accustomed to. We all know how Disney does their Christmas Parades, it isn't a parade any longer. It is performances spliced together amid the infomercials for their properties and DVC. NYC has become very staged performances vs a parade in motion, why it takes so long. Chicago is still a traditional parade of talent. All types are available, depends on your taste in what is now classified as a parade.

Gabe1

I upgraded this year on a trial basis because a couple of items were cheaper if I was a prime member. I already had enough ordered to get the free delivery. I don't even know how much it is going to cost yet. I probably will just cancel it anyway. I only use it about three times a year.

Amazon is cheaper for those connected to educational institutions, so we are about 1/2 the cost. We order a great deal via amazon so we are likely lifers.

Cesar R M

It was beyond delicious. I ate about 1/2 the steak. It was wet aged and prepared perfectly. The room next to ours was set up as a buffet of sides and there were 22 to choose from along with a gravy table, a bread table and various cranberry concoctions. There was a lovely 8" bowl of whipped sweet Irish butter on the bread table.

My Mom's philosophy is what she would spend on a bird, sides, desserts etc., she comes out ahead going to a high end steak house for the Holiday's. On Christmas Eve we have gone to ordering in boxes of pizza's and have a buffet of them and salad, it is easier than going out with all the stuff going on.
... still on diet.. imagining eating all that...
zGr1GgD.gif

Gabe1

... still on diet.. imagining eating all that...
zGr1GgD.gif

That is not an issue for me this year, thank goodness. I am a bit thin for my age this year and can actually fit into some of my DD clothing as we are framed very similar in most areas. For the first time in about a decade I could afford to put on a few pounds. It has been several years since I could see my rib cage. lol

Gabe1

Finding Nemo had about a 30 minute wait, and we experienced another temporary closure, but lucked out again that it was short-lived.
View attachment 121069 View attachment 121074 View attachment 121075

Sad fish...
View attachment 121076

Next we took a spin on the Monorail - here's a few pics while waiting in line. DD said the subs were taking baths here. :D
View attachment 121077 View attachment 121078 View attachment 121079

Beautiful pictures. While I've been out to Disneyland it has been a while. I've never taken my kiddo's it is a goal. I miss it. It is always a toss up. Airfare is expensive to Cali and I can do about 5 days there to 10 at Disney World so Disney World always seems to win economically and stay on property. Still I want to return.

catmom46

After the parade, DD was hungry, so I figured Village Haus would be a good choice (yummy chicken sandwich again!). The Fairy Godmother was just outside when we got there, so I snapped a pic of her with DD, who thought she was really nice, and vice versa. :inlove: The restaurant was pretty crowded, but we still found a table fairly quickly, and there were quite a few tables available outside. After lunch, we made a stop at Big Thunder Ranch. DD wanted to wait in line to pet the horsey! Then she wanted to pet the donkeys. The goats weren't as accessible, though, so she got bored with them quickly.

IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG

Winnie the Pooh pics.
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0567.jpg

catmom46

Beautiful pictures. While I've been out to Disneyland it has been a while. I've never taken my kiddo's it is a goal. I miss it. It is always a toss up. Airfare is expensive to Cali and I can do about 5 days there to 10 at Disney World so Disney World always seems to win economically and stay on property. Still I want to return.

Thanks! I totally get what you're saying, though. If I didn't live so close to DLR, I'd be choosing WDW, too. But maybe you could also check out other parts of Cali while you're here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom