What'll DL be like while they're building Star Wars Land?

Melissa Strause

Original Poster
So I've been hoping to go back to Disneyland for a while now, and I know that they'll start building Star Wars Land next year. I'd rather not wait a few years to go back, so I'm just wondering what the park will be like and what's closing down? I know Fantasmic will be down, and the boats and train will be down too, but is there anything else? It won't be a big deal for with me those closed, but will there be anything else shut down, or that would inconvenience guests in any way? I'm hoping to go sometime late 2016.

GiveMeTheMusic

So I've been hoping to go back to Disneyland for a while now, and I know that they'll start building Star Wars Land next year. I'd rather not wait a few years to go back, so I'm just wondering what the park will be like and what's closing down? I know Fantasmic will be down, and the boats and train will be down too, but is there anything else? It won't be a big deal for with me those closed, but will there be anything else shut down, or that would inconvenience guests in any way? I'm hoping to go sometime late 2016.

In late 2016, Fantasmic, the River, the island, the boats and the train will all be down. That's it though, aside from any regular refurbs that may happen. Jungle Cruise will be closed from January into October and will reopen some time in that area.

New parking structure construction will be in progress by then, but that shouldn't impact existing parking areas.

nerdboyrockstar

I planned a trip there for end of April a few months back. Already have plane tickets and Grand Californian booked. I'm not too concerned about these closures, although there's nothing like Fantasmic on the Rivers of America. The train.. I'll live. I'm just hoping Seasons of the Force is still going on when I'm there.

TTA Metroliner

I was wondering the same thing. I have a trip planned for 1-30 to 2-6 and would love to know the refurbishment schedule minus the rivers of America stuff I've already seen posted including California Adventure!!

OliveMcFly

Last time I was there Fantasmic! was dark due to the POTC premier. It'll be dark again this July for my next trip. I just want to see this show! :(

SpaceMountain75

I expect the west side of the park to have ugly walls assembled along the once majestic riverbank.
DL can't afford to have both the east and west sides of the park be ugly. I've been able to deal with the dumpster fire that is Tomorrowland because I always just went over to the RoA and rode the Mark Twain. Now I guess there's no escaping the unsightly.

Phroobar

It hit me the other day while I was in the shower that I will likely be unable to drink Disney coffee at the French Market while watching the Mark Twain cruise by and listening to the jazz band, then go and ride classic Haunted Mansion. When Haunted comes back, the river will be down. That's probably my favorite thing ever to do in a Disney park.
Disney planned it that way.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
download.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

The last few times I've gone to DL, I've just had this really terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. It doesn't help that everyone is walking around in bad Star Wars clothes. It's like some cult has taken over Disneyland and is about to destroy it.

JediMasterMatt

For once, my Disneyland scheduling gamble paid off. Booked from 1/5 - 1/10 and hoped that I would get ahead of the RoA mess and was delighted that I can still get the full Holiday line up once the schedule became official.

The lack of advance planning is the only thing I don't like about heading out west. To get good the best deals on airfare, you have to book way before the schedule even begins to form up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom