TAFI Brainstorming Series

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
TAFI Brainstorming Series

Hey everyone! So, I really enjoy all of the brainstorming threads that are going around. I think that's a great feature of this community and with such an interest in them, I wanted to create something that would run year-round, with ever-changing topics and things to discuss.

Each month - we will request a topic we want to talk about, and then brainstorm, discuss, and imagineer! Below you can view a list of all the topics we have discussed. If you have a topic you want to talk about - comment on this thread or in Town Hall and we will be sure to discuss it!! Thanks and enjoy!

December - Extinct Attractions
121221horizons4.jpg

January - Nintendo in Universal

nintendo-nx-release-date-details.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

I'd like to talk about Snow White's Scary Adventures. For quite some time now, I've had an idea for a new, more elaborate version of the ride. And here it is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although Snow White's Scary Adventures can still be found in California, Tokyo and Paris, the Florida version was sadly closed down in 2012, because as part of the New Fantasyland expansion, a new ride based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs--namely, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train--was being built. Snow White's Scary Adventures would later turn into the Princess Fairytale Hall meet & greet. But, I say this classic deserves to stay here at Walt Disney World, but bigger and better than ever! How will I pull this off? Well, come with me as we journey back deep into the dark forests for an all-new experience with an all-new name: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

I'd put this ride in, of all places, Sunset Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios. After all, Snow White premiered at the Carthay Circle Theatre, which is represented on Sunset Boulevard as the facade of the Once Upon a Time shop. And in a park celebrating Walt's historic film-making achievements, I think it'd only be necessary to have a little something honoring the film that put him on the Hollywood map. But however, given the space of the average dark ride, this means that the Sunset Club Couture, Mouse About Town and Once Upon a Time shops will be closed to make way for the new ride.

As guests walk down Sunset Boulevard, they are greeted by the new impressive facade of the Carthay Circle Theater, done in a style similar to the one at Disney California Adventure.
car023498LARGE.jpg
The Carthay Circle Theater is decked out as it was on that fateful day--December 21st, 1937--when Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs made its Hollywood debut. The theater is very elegant, not giving a single clue as to what lies inside...

Once inside the theater, we find ourselves not in an extravagant theater lobby, but instead, the film's iconic forest, bloomed in imaginative three dimensions.
snow_queue.jpg
The atmosphere seems only peaceful, harmonious, enchanting and inviting – promising a grand fairytale adventure with elegance. On the right hand side of this peaceful fairytale forest atmosphere, an ingeniously realized waterfall splashes happily with shiny vibrating strings portraying the water. Next to the waterfall is the Seven Dwarfs' Diamond Mine "entrance" – although it was the actual exit of the ride vehicles. In the middle of the forest is a three-dimensional miniature of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage.

At the left hand side, near the loading area is the Evil Queen's Castle, emerging from murals into impressive three dimensions as the Castle Courtyard. Winding through the queue, we eventually reach the stretch of land located in front of the cottage, finding a parade of mine cars pulling in and out, loading and unloading happy (or not-so-happy passengers). Each mine car sits a maximum of six people and bares the name of one of the dwarfs. Boarding a mine car ourselves we are given a quick safety spiel by an unseen hag. "For a safe adventure, please remain seated, keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the mine car, and please do watch your children. And remember, smoking and flash photography are never permitted in this enchanted world, hee hee hee! Farewell!" With her cackles behind us, our car pulls forward into the forest, the three-dimensional trees seamlessly emerging from the beautifully-painted wall mural behind it.

Heading towards the Evil Queen's Castle, we make a loop around the Wishing Well. As we pass by, we hear Snow White sing "I'm Wishing", dreaming about "the one I love". The same song was heard at this Castle Courtyard area, echoing even to the queue area. Much like the original (and highly traumatizing) 1971 version, the version you hear is the same version heard in The Mickey Mouse Revue (heard in the video from 0:41 to 1:24).

After the vehicle circles the Wishing Well, it drives towards the miniature of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage, makes a u-turn and approaches the Castle Courtyard itself. Under the golden sun, Snow White sits on the stairs in her scullery maid garment and holding a white dove. The singing of "I'm Wishing" is a bit more louder, to feel as if she's singing it. Behind wonderfully stylized flower bushes, the Prince, sitting atop his white horse, watches her. Behind Snow White and the Prince, the remaining courtyard is lit with dramatic blue, as the Evil Queen stands behind a window and spies upon the Princess.
wdw_prologue.jpg
From there, we make a sharp left and enter the Castle itself. Inside, we come face to face with the Slave in the Magic Mirror through a simple but impressive projection effect. The exquisitely painted set featured the Magic Mirror in its 1937 movie appearance, with the ornamental stone frame with signs of the zodiac around the mirror. Inside, the Mirror's Slave reveals: "Alas, Snow White is the Fairest One of All".

"Never!" yells a voice behind the vehicle. It's the voice of the Queen! We make a sharp turn to our right and find ourselves in the Queen's Throne Room. standing in front of her mirror, arms in the air, summoning the dark powers: "Magic Mirror on the wall..." Suddenly, the Queen turns around with a thundering sound effect – revealing that she has transformed into a wart-nosed old hag before our very eyes! As the Witch, she continued: "With this disguise, I'll fool them all! Heh heh!"
7434868574_20354237a4_z.jpg
Suspenseful music, taken from the film, and the distant sound of howling wind and howling wolves welcome us to the narrow corridors of her Dungeon, ghostly voices telling us to turn back. Countless skeletons pop up in the dungeons, some hanging from chains on the walls, others simply fallen to the floor. Perhaps the most iconic of these skeletons (from a memorable moment in the film) is a skeleton trapped beneath iron bars, reaching for a nearby pail of water, having died doing so. We turn towards a archway leading to the relative safety of the outside world set in a blue night sky with glistening stars. Our escape is foiled - the Hag has summoned a large portcullis to come crashing down, blocking our path. We turn right into the Queen's laboratory. Whirring gizmos and bubbling potions on either side of the track illuminate the Hag dipping a skull-faced apple into a green-glowing cauldron, taunting us..."Apple deary?" Her cackle follows us as barely avoid being by falling equipment shelves and turn a sharp left outside of the Castle and into the Frightening Forest.
120501DisneyWorldMagicKingdom0138.jpg
No music is played here, just an eerie howling wind and the rustling noises of the forest. From out of nowhere the old Hag drifts out from underneath her Castle on a boat, the apple in one hand, a makeshift oar in the other. "Fresh apple...tasty apple!" The trees suddenly take on the appearances of monsters as their gnarling teeth, red eyes, and gnarled branches reach for us, intimidating eyes staring down at us from the treetops, alligator-resembling logs snapping at us, bats flying through the darkness.
2881595252_ba1976158d_b.jpg
Much like Tokyo, this ride's version of the Frightening Forest scene creates truly spooky yet elegant ambience with very few sound effects. The most significant sound of these is the eerily ethereal "banshee wail" that was created for Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Now there is music, adding on to the suspenseful theme. The Huntsman stands before a tree up ahead, speaking to a screaming Snow White a few feet away. "Quick! Run away! And never come back!" Snow White screams as we cross through some more trees and into a miniature briar patch, where logs that look like alligators come towards us. In the darkness, ominous eyes glow, but as we turn away, we find out that the eyes are those of the kind-hearted woodland creatures, who point the way to the Seven Dwarfs' Mine.

Inside we are immediately immersed into a glistening grotto filled with dazzling jewels and diamonds embedded into the walls, stacked into piles, and stocking lonesome mine cars. The dwarfs appear hard at work, singing "Dig-a-Dig-Dig" diligently. Grumpy and Bashful have their backs turned, picking away into the cavern walls, Sleepy asleep in a deer-pulled mine car, the deer very angry at his lazy rider. Making a left we pass by a small shaft opening in which Happy and Sneezy emerge on a handcar very slowly. Sneezy suddenly gathers up a sneeze and creates a rather powerful sneeze, sending the handcar flying forward. Doc and Dopey appear surveying diamonds to our right. Although Doc takes his work seriously, Dopey sees it as a game, holding the diamonds up to his eyes and instantly causing thousands of his eyes to be projected throughout the mine in a stunning effect, taking them down and removing the projections, putting them again and restoring the projections.
article-2618689-1D85D76700000578-303_634x443.jpg
Another mine shaft door moves aside for us, allowing us access into the forest at sunset. We find ourselves about to go under a log spanning a canyon, a miniature waterfall near our path. As we pass under, we see the Seven Dwarfs actually march atop the log, singing "Heigh-Ho".
original.0
We pass under the log and make a right turn. True enchantment may have fill the hearts of some travelers, as the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage emerges from the serene forest ambience. Inside the cottage, the Seven Dwarfs made merry music and singing a "Silly Song". Immediately inside the dwarfs can be seen dancing about, singing, playing miniature instruments, and having an all-together good time with Snow White who waltzes about the room gleefully with Dopey standing on Sneezy's shoulders wearing an over-sized jacket. The woodland creatures have also gotten in on the fun, watching from the windows.
13941143039_658532aa34_b.jpg
The fun is cut short however when we exit the cottage (through the ride's many "crash doors")...

The near second we exit the Cottage we are immediately greeted by the Hag who lurks outside a window, clutching the apple, her raven perched on her free hand. "Go on deary...take a bite!" She cackles once more, our car making a sharp right back into the woods, passing by the Prince. "Snow White! Where are you?" The searching Prince is quickly left behind as we head back towards the Cottage, the dwarfs lining both sides of the track, each one warning us not to proceed, others shouting for Snow White to run. Making a left turn explains the shouting: Snow White appears inside the Cottage, popping out of the front half of an opened door, ready to bite into the apple. The Hag stands close by with a big ole' grin, "That's right deary! Take a bite!" Thunder and lightning crash, sending us straight back into the Mysterious Woods. As we enter the Hag can be heard shouting “Now I'm the fairest in the land!” Two mean-eyed vultures watch us pass, their heads moving in perfect unison as they follow our every move.

Thunder rumbles above the hills as we hear the Dwarfs' commotion with Doc's flustered voice: “It's the Quicked Ween—the Wicked Queen! Come on men!” We pass through some trees to find ourselves at the Stormy Mountain, where the Dwarfs are seen on a nearby cliff, scared.
2011jppc7.jpg
Why are they scared? I don’t know, maybe because…the Witch is about to crush them (and us) with a boulder! Rain falls heavily (and even seems to run down the side of the cliff). The Witch is seen, ready to dislodge the boulder. “Fools! I’ll crush your bones!” she yells. She laughs wildly, only to lose her footing and fall backwards, screaming in horror (her scream taken directly from the film), a burst of fog and light occurring (this hides the figure which falls backwards into a hole, raising back up for the next vehicle seconds later).
DSC_0658.jpg
We pass under the mountain and find ourselves back in the forest. A moving choral rendition of “Someday My Prince Will Come” fills our ears, cuing the ride's Finale. Directly before us lies Snow White in her opened glass coffin, the now peaceful forest surrounding us via colorful murals, a beautiful sunset at hand. Our ride vehicle (using silent brakes) slows down a bit and we actually witness the Prince kissing Snow White awake.
frame_wdwkiss.jpg
Turning right we see six of the dwarfs bidding Snow White and her Prince goodbye as they ride away towards the Castle in the Clouds (the couple, horse and Dwarfs are figures, the castle is part of a mural.) Dopey on the other hand waves in the opposite direction - classic Dopey - waving down to us and wiggling his ears from a top an overhead bridge.
5514817814_53ac091f0f_b.jpg
A set of painted doors showcasing a beautiful sunset on the horizon. A painted-on banner reads "...and they all lived happily ever after". The doors move apart and we wheel back into the loading area, exiting our mine car.

The90skid

I think we need to bring back the Wonders of Life Pavillion. I'm actually surprised that it was not mentioned in the first post on the thread. While, yes, bringing it back to its retro glory would not work, I think it could still be brought back and updated to entice a new generation of people who never got a chance to enjoy it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I think we need to bring back the Wonders of Life Pavillion. I'm actually surprised that it was not mentioned in the first post on the thread. While, yes, bringing it back to its retro glory would not work, I think it could still be brought back and updated to entice a new generation of people who never got a chance to enjoy it.
Oh yes! Idk how I forgot that one. I guess I didn't want to go too heavy on Epcot and leave it open to more diversity, but Wonders of Life would be great.

Chris82

The original Journey into Imagination seems like the most obvious choice, and I like the idea of bringing back Snow White's Scary Adventures (although I would really up the "scary" factor myself!), but I've been thinking lately about bringing back a very different attraction...

Does anyone else miss the Skyway?

I realize the sky buckets weren't exactly a super "immersive" themed attraction, but they were a lot of fun, and they supplied kinetic energy to the park. You know what park could really use some kinetic energy? Animal Kingdom! To me, sky buckets and Animal Kingdom are a match made in heaven. Stay with me here...

I've never been a big fan of Animal Kingdom's "Discovery Island" hub area. It always felt like a randomly arranged bunch of almost tacky-looking Disney stores thrown around the Tree of Life. So I would give the area the Buena Vista Street treatment and give it some movement, some verticality, and some distinctive design elements! I would also add sky buckets :p

Imagine that Discovery Island has been renamed "Treehouse Village." The idea would be to portray the Treehouse Village as a rustic, agrarian, primitive sort of community where people and nature live in harmony - with a nod to ingenuity similar to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Every building is rethemed to look rustic and wooden, and like it was built in a ramshackle way around a large tree - with new second stories added to each! The view of the Tree of Life from the Oasis is now framed by two treehouses, and strung between them is a wire, with wooden buckets crossing periodically, full of smiling tourists. This smaller, wooden-themed version of the skyway would function as a sort of "Wedway PeopleMover" of Animal Kingdom, zipping along the upper stories of the buildings, and even around some of the animal exhibits around the Tree of Life, giving an awesome new overhead look! Some of the buildings would also get water wheels and huge windmills - the largest of which would act as a small ferris wheel as a bonus flat ride, perhaps overlooking the Asia area and giving views of Everest :D

So this would bring back the awesomeness of the Skyway, but instead of cheap-looking bright-colored buckets, we get an appropriately themed and classy version in a park that could desperately use some visual energy, and that could take full advantage of the new vertical views! (Better animal exhibits than the top of Fantasyland buildings...)

Last edited:

Chris82

Aw I loved Cranium Command! Could do without Body Wars though... maybe do the originally planned human body dark ride? Although that's still kinda gross lol

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The original Journey into Imagination seems like the most obvious choice, and I like the idea of bringing back Snow White's Scary Adventures (although I would really up the "scary" factor myself!), but I've been thinking lately about bringing back a very different attraction...

Does anyone else miss the Skyway?

I realize the sky buckets weren't exactly a super "immersive" themed attraction, but they were a lot of fun, and they supplied kinetic energy to the park. You know what park could really use some kinetic energy? Animal Kingdom! To me, sky buckets and Animal Kingdom are a match made in heaven. Stay with me here...

I've never been a big fan of Animal Kingdom's "Discovery Island" hub area. It always felt like a randomly arranged bunch of almost tacky-looking Disney stores thrown around the Tree of Life. So I would give the area the Buena Vista Street treatment and give it some movement, some verticality, and some distinctive design elements! I would also add sky buckets :p

Imagine that Discovery Island has been renamed "Treehouse Village." The idea would be to portray the Treehouse Village as a rustic, agrarian, primitive sort of community where people and nature live in harmony - with a nod to ingenuity similar to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Every building is rethemed to look rustic and wooden, and like it was built in a ramshackle way around a large tree - with new second stories added to each! The view of the Tree of Life from the Oasis is now framed by two treehouses, and strung between them is a wire, with wooden buckets crossing periodically, full of smiling tourists. This smaller, wooden-themed version of the skyway would function as a sort of "Wedway PeopleMover" of Animal Kingdom, zipping along the upper stories of the buildings, and even around some of the animal exhibits around the Tree of Life, giving an awesome new overhead look! Some of the buildings would also get water wheels and huge windmills - the largest of which would act as a small ferris wheel as a bonus flat ride, perhaps overlooking the Asia area and giving views of Everest :D

So this would bring back the awesomeness of the Skyway, but instead of cheap-looking bright-colored buckets, we get an appropriately themed and classy version in a park that could desperately use some visual energy, and that could take full advantage of the new vertical views! (Better animal exhibits than the top of Fantasyland buildings...)
The Skyway would be great! And I really like that idea for AK

And now you got me thinking...the extinct attractions don't have to be just WDW...how about bringing the Peoplemover back to Disneyland?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Wonders of Life should return to Epcot simply because with all the advancements in health care we have been inventing recently, it's time for people to get reinserted in health care, and maybe get it sponsored by the U.S. Health Department.

In terms of the Peoplemover returning at Disneyland, that can't be done due to high safety requirements which would mean emergency exits every five it, it must accommodate disabled people, and so on and so forth.

In short, it would be too much hassle and money to bring back at best, a C-Ticket attraction.

Also, DisneyManOne has an awesome Snow White revival attraction. Nice work.

Chris82

In terms of the Peoplemover returning at Disneyland, that can't be done due to high safety requirements which would mean emergency exits every five it, it must accommodate disabled people, and so on and so forth.

In short, it would be too much hassle and money to bring back at best, a C-Ticket attraction.

Sad it is, if they can't return the Peoplemover in any form, I really wish they'd just tear out those tracks. The empty tracks everywhere are like a permanent, depressing monument to Disney incompetence...

Steel City Magic

I'd like to talk about Snow White's Scary Adventures. For quite some time now, I've had an idea for a new, more elaborate version of the ride. And here it is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although Snow White's Scary Adventures can still be found in California, Tokyo and Paris, the Florida version was sadly closed down in 2012, because as part of the New Fantasyland expansion, a new ride based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs--namely, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train--was being built. Snow White's Scary Adventures would later turn into the Princess Fairytale Hall meet & greet. But, I say this classic deserves to stay here at Walt Disney World, but bigger and better than ever! How will I pull this off? Well, come with me as we journey back deep into the dark forests for an all-new experience with an all-new name: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

I'd put this ride in, of all places, Sunset Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios. After all, Snow White premiered at the Carthay Circle Theatre, which is represented on Sunset Boulevard as the facade of the Once Upon a Time shop. And in a park celebrating Walt's historic film-making achievements, I think it'd only be necessary to have a little something honoring the film that put him on the Hollywood map. But however, given the space of the average dark ride, this means that the Sunset Club Couture, Mouse About Town and Once Upon a Time shops will be closed to make way for the new ride.

As guests walk down Sunset Boulevard, they are greeted by the new impressive facade of the Carthay Circle Theater, done in a style similar to the one at Disney California Adventure.
car023498LARGE.jpg
The Carthay Circle Theater is decked out as it was on that fateful day--December 21st, 1937--when Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs made its Hollywood debut. The theater is very elegant, not giving a single clue as to what lies inside...

Once inside the theater, we find ourselves not in an extravagant theater lobby, but instead, the film's iconic forest, bloomed in imaginative three dimensions.
snow_queue.jpg
The atmosphere seems only peaceful, harmonious, enchanting and inviting – promising a grand fairytale adventure with elegance. On the right hand side of this peaceful fairytale forest atmosphere, an ingeniously realized waterfall splashes happily with shiny vibrating strings portraying the water. Next to the waterfall is the Seven Dwarfs' Diamond Mine "entrance" – although it was the actual exit of the ride vehicles. In the middle of the forest is a three-dimensional miniature of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage.

At the left hand side, near the loading area is the Evil Queen's Castle, emerging from murals into impressive three dimensions as the Castle Courtyard. Winding through the queue, we eventually reach the stretch of land located in front of the cottage, finding a parade of mine cars pulling in and out, loading and unloading happy (or not-so-happy passengers). Each mine car sits a maximum of six people and bares the name of one of the dwarfs. Boarding a mine car ourselves we are given a quick safety spiel by an unseen hag. "For a safe adventure, please remain seated, keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the mine car, and please do watch your children. And remember, smoking and flash photography are never permitted in this enchanted world, hee hee hee! Farewell!" With her cackles behind us, our car pulls forward into the forest, the three-dimensional trees seamlessly emerging from the beautifully-painted wall mural behind it.

Heading towards the Evil Queen's Castle, we make a loop around the Wishing Well. As we pass by, we hear Snow White sing "I'm Wishing", dreaming about "the one I love". The same song was heard at this Castle Courtyard area, echoing even to the queue area. Much like the original (and highly traumatizing) 1971 version, the version you hear is the same version heard in The Mickey Mouse Revue (heard in the video from 0:41 to 1:24).

After the vehicle circles the Wishing Well, it drives towards the miniature of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage, makes a u-turn and approaches the Castle Courtyard itself. Under the golden sun, Snow White sits on the stairs in her scullery maid garment and holding a white dove. The singing of "I'm Wishing" is a bit more louder, to feel as if she's singing it. Behind wonderfully stylized flower bushes, the Prince, sitting atop his white horse, watches her. Behind Snow White and the Prince, the remaining courtyard is lit with dramatic blue, as the Evil Queen stands behind a window and spies upon the Princess.
wdw_prologue.jpg
From there, we make a sharp left and enter the Castle itself. Inside, we come face to face with the Slave in the Magic Mirror through a simple but impressive projection effect. The exquisitely painted set featured the Magic Mirror in its 1937 movie appearance, with the ornamental stone frame with signs of the zodiac around the mirror. Inside, the Mirror's Slave reveals: "Alas, Snow White is the Fairest One of All".

"Never!" yells a voice behind the vehicle. It's the voice of the Queen! We make a sharp turn to our right and find ourselves in the Queen's Throne Room. standing in front of her mirror, arms in the air, summoning the dark powers: "Magic Mirror on the wall..." Suddenly, the Queen turns around with a thundering sound effect – revealing that she has transformed into a wart-nosed old hag before our very eyes! As the Witch, she continued: "With this disguise, I'll fool them all! Heh heh!"
7434868574_20354237a4_z.jpg
Suspenseful music, taken from the film, and the distant sound of howling wind and howling wolves welcome us to the narrow corridors of her Dungeon, ghostly voices telling us to turn back. Countless skeletons pop up in the dungeons, some hanging from chains on the walls, others simply fallen to the floor. Perhaps the most iconic of these skeletons (from a memorable moment in the film) is a skeleton trapped beneath iron bars, reaching for a nearby pail of water, having died doing so. We turn towards a archway leading to the relative safety of the outside world set in a blue night sky with glistening stars. Our escape is foiled - the Hag has summoned a large portcullis to come crashing down, blocking our path. We turn right into the Queen's laboratory. Whirring gizmos and bubbling potions on either side of the track illuminate the Hag dipping a skull-faced apple into a green-glowing cauldron, taunting us..."Apple deary?" Her cackle follows us as barely avoid being by falling equipment shelves and turn a sharp left outside of the Castle and into the Frightening Forest.
120501DisneyWorldMagicKingdom0138.jpg
No music is played here, just an eerie howling wind and the rustling noises of the forest. From out of nowhere the old Hag drifts out from underneath her Castle on a boat, the apple in one hand, a makeshift oar in the other. "Fresh apple...tasty apple!" The trees suddenly take on the appearances of monsters as their gnarling teeth, red eyes, and gnarled branches reach for us, intimidating eyes staring down at us from the treetops, alligator-resembling logs snapping at us, bats flying through the darkness.
2881595252_ba1976158d_b.jpg
Much like Tokyo, this ride's version of the Frightening Forest scene creates truly spooky yet elegant ambience with very few sound effects. The most significant sound of these is the eerily ethereal "banshee wail" that was created for Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Now there is music, adding on to the suspenseful theme. The Huntsman stands before a tree up ahead, speaking to a screaming Snow White a few feet away. "Quick! Run away! And never come back!" Snow White screams as we cross through some more trees and into a miniature briar patch, where logs that look like alligators come towards us. In the darkness, ominous eyes glow, but as we turn away, we find out that the eyes are those of the kind-hearted woodland creatures, who point the way to the Seven Dwarfs' Mine.

Inside we are immediately immersed into a glistening grotto filled with dazzling jewels and diamonds embedded into the walls, stacked into piles, and stocking lonesome mine cars. The dwarfs appear hard at work, singing "Dig-a-Dig-Dig" diligently. Grumpy and Bashful have their backs turned, picking away into the cavern walls, Sleepy asleep in a deer-pulled mine car, the deer very angry at his lazy rider. Making a left we pass by a small shaft opening in which Happy and Sneezy emerge on a handcar very slowly. Sneezy suddenly gathers up a sneeze and creates a rather powerful sneeze, sending the handcar flying forward. Doc and Dopey appear surveying diamonds to our right. Although Doc takes his work seriously, Dopey sees it as a game, holding the diamonds up to his eyes and instantly causing thousands of his eyes to be projected throughout the mine in a stunning effect, taking them down and removing the projections, putting them again and restoring the projections.
article-2618689-1D85D76700000578-303_634x443.jpg
Another mine shaft door moves aside for us, allowing us access into the forest at sunset. We find ourselves about to go under a log spanning a canyon, a miniature waterfall near our path. As we pass under, we see the Seven Dwarfs actually march atop the log, singing "Heigh-Ho".
original.0
We pass under the log and make a right turn. True enchantment may have fill the hearts of some travelers, as the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage emerges from the serene forest ambience. Inside the cottage, the Seven Dwarfs made merry music and singing a "Silly Song". Immediately inside the dwarfs can be seen dancing about, singing, playing miniature instruments, and having an all-together good time with Snow White who waltzes about the room gleefully with Dopey standing on Sneezy's shoulders wearing an over-sized jacket. The woodland creatures have also gotten in on the fun, watching from the windows.
13941143039_658532aa34_b.jpg
The fun is cut short however when we exit the cottage (through the ride's many "crash doors")...

The near second we exit the Cottage we are immediately greeted by the Hag who lurks outside a window, clutching the apple, her raven perched on her free hand. "Go on deary...take a bite!" She cackles once more, our car making a sharp right back into the woods, passing by the Prince. "Snow White! Where are you?" The searching Prince is quickly left behind as we head back towards the Cottage, the dwarfs lining both sides of the track, each one warning us not to proceed, others shouting for Snow White to run. Making a left turn explains the shouting: Snow White appears inside the Cottage, popping out of the front half of an opened door, ready to bite into the apple. The Hag stands close by with a big ole' grin, "That's right deary! Take a bite!" Thunder and lightning crash, sending us straight back into the Mysterious Woods. As we enter the Hag can be heard shouting “Now I'm the fairest in the land!” Two mean-eyed vultures watch us pass, their heads moving in perfect unison as they follow our every move.

Thunder rumbles above the hills as we hear the Dwarfs' commotion with Doc's flustered voice: “It's the Quicked Ween—the Wicked Queen! Come on men!” We pass through some trees to find ourselves at the Stormy Mountain, where the Dwarfs are seen on a nearby cliff, scared.
2011jppc7.jpg
Why are they scared? I don’t know, maybe because…the Witch is about to crush them (and us) with a boulder! Rain falls heavily (and even seems to run down the side of the cliff). The Witch is seen, ready to dislodge the boulder. “Fools! I’ll crush your bones!” she yells. She laughs wildly, only to lose her footing and fall backwards, screaming in horror (her scream taken directly from the film), a burst of fog and light occurring (this hides the figure which falls backwards into a hole, raising back up for the next vehicle seconds later).
DSC_0658.jpg
We pass under the mountain and find ourselves back in the forest. A moving choral rendition of “Someday My Prince Will Come” fills our ears, cuing the ride's Finale. Directly before us lies Snow White in her opened glass coffin, the now peaceful forest surrounding us via colorful murals, a beautiful sunset at hand. Our ride vehicle (using silent brakes) slows down a bit and we actually witness the Prince kissing Snow White awake.
frame_wdwkiss.jpg
Turning right we see six of the dwarfs bidding Snow White and her Prince goodbye as they ride away towards the Castle in the Clouds (the couple, horse and Dwarfs are figures, the castle is part of a mural.) Dopey on the other hand waves in the opposite direction - classic Dopey - waving down to us and wiggling his ears from a top an overhead bridge.
5514817814_53ac091f0f_b.jpg
A set of painted doors showcasing a beautiful sunset on the horizon. A painted-on banner reads "...and they all lived happily ever after". The doors move apart and we wheel back into the loading area, exiting our mine car.

Awesome! 1 question, will the theater have drunk, half naked midgets dressed as dwarves outside as well? Just for authenticity. :)
EDIT: My apologies, that was the Pinocchio premiere...

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I just found out today that there's an extra credit project for my Biochem class where you have to do something creative with a topic in class. So I have finally found a way to merge school and imagineering!:D:cool:

I'm going to redo Wonders of Life, though I'm going to have to adjust it to just Biochem. This should be interesting.:p I will post it here when I'm done!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I ended up submitting my DNA Wonders of Life attraction for extra credit, but i kinda had to morph it as a whole to the course syllabus so my original ideas had to be shelved.

Nevertheless, there's 3 weeks till the new year and I plan on bringing back 1 extinct attraction per week, maybe more! Once school let's out I'll have much more time to do it. I'll start by doing a Wonders of Life Pavilion.

Is anyone interested in doing one of their own? Horizons? World of Motion? Journey Into Imagination?

DMO did a fantastic job with Snow White, and I'd like to see other people come up with concepts together. That was at least one of my objectives of setting this thread up so that we can work together on monthly topics:)

DisneyManOne

Well, regarding Horizons, there's that excellent Horizons 2 blog: http://horizons2.blogspot.co.uk/

And regarding World of Motion, @ScorpionX came up with a concept which I worked into my EPCOT Center: A New Generation thread, and here it is:
Approaching the wheel-shaped, stainless steel pavilion from Future World, we see the World of Motion sign in the middle of a circular flower garden.

Note that all elements of visual clutter (namely, the canopy and the giant "T", seen below) will be removed.
P5243967.JPG
You enter World of Motion--either through the standby line, or through the FP+/single rider line--through an automatic door with the World of Motion logo on it. Passing through the door, you find yourself in a large atrium with a giant mural depicting every single mode of transportation ever created, cars, busses, trains, boats, planes, bikes, etc.

The standby line includes a brief trip into a pre-show room. We are inside the testing area for the pavilion. Once all are inside (a certain number of people at a time), a screen turns on and we are introduced to our host for the experience, Tom Morrow, Jr. (I have no idea who should play him. Any suggestions?)

TOM MORROW JR.: Hello, everyone. My name is Tom Morrow, Jr. Welcome to the World of Motion pavilion here at EPCOT Center, presented by the good people at General Motors. We made a deal with Disney to showcase what is perhaps a world-changing invention to you. Now, if everything works well with the curtain, on behalf of EPCOT Center and General Motors, I would like to person to you…the very first automobile with the capability of time travel! You might be thinking, "Hey, this guy's pulling my leg!" But no. This is the real deal. Although this vehicle is a prototype, a test driver will demonstrate time travel by brining back a baby dinosaur.

TEST DRIVER: Get ready in five, four, three, two, go!

After a few seconds, the test driver climbs out of the car with a baby Triceratops (an AA) on a leash.

TOM MORROW JR.: Pretty impressive, right? The next test drivers will be you guys. We've specifically picked out a special test run just for you guys...we're gonna send you back in time and take you through the history of transportation. And I'll be your guide for the excursion. Each car carries six passengers. Oh yeah, one more thing: you can't experience time travel if you're eating, drinking, smoking, or taking flash pictures. The entrance to the boarding room is to your right.

Through the doors you go and enter the loading dock. You board your car and begin your journey.

MALE ANNOUNCER: Your vehicle doors close automatically. Please keep your hands and arms inside your prototype and remain seated while traveling. Thank you. Las puertas de su vehículo se cierran automáticamente. Por favor, mantenga las manos y los brazos dentro de su prototipo y permanecer sentados durante el viaje. Gracias.

After boarding, you go through a strobe-light time portal in the former hill climb test.

TOM MORROW JR.: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the wonderful World of Motion. General Motors now invites you to travel the open road, to discover that when it comes to transportation, it's always fun to be free.

While you're in the portal, a familiar song begins to play.

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To go anywhere,
With never a care.
To do all you wanted to do,
It's fun to be free!

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To go where you please,
With comfort and ease.
To see all there is to be seen,
It's fun to be free!

Once on the second level, the cars travel through the Roman Coliseum's gates, signifying our entrance into Ancient Rome.

Throughout the ages, we have searched for freedom to move from one place to another. Other than foot power, we have the wheel. Invented by the Sumerians, the wheel changed history forever.

A man is shown presenting the first wheel to the king, while a guard turns away men holding square, triangular and pentagon examples.

With our newfound freedom, empires expand, cultures flourish, trade and commerce grow.

A transition tunnel shows spinning projections of the wheel and of scenes such as a horse pulling an Egyptian chariot and a man pushing a Chinese rickshaw. A centaur is shown pulling a woman in a chariot and near the projection, a giggling woman holds a rope attached to a centaur. A used chariot lot is shown, complete with marked-down prices in Roman numerals. The Trojan Horse is even for sale!

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To roll all around,
So safe and sound.
To go where you wanted to go,
It's fun to be free!

SALESMAN #1: Lend me your ear, friend. This is a colossus bargainus! It's just like new!

SALESMAN #2: This is beautius maximus. Loaded with extras! Power reins, marble floorboards. Four speed whip. Ah, suitable for the throne of Venus!

SALESMAN #1: Fly on the wings of Mercury! Pass anything on the Appian Way!

SALESMAN #2: This colosseum cruiser is fit for the Gods. Truly glorious. Caesar's wife has one.

SALESMAN #1: This was driven by Caesar himself!

Going through another strobe light time portal, we end up deep in the Wild West as the Magnificent Seven theme plays.

TOM MORROW, JR.: A new kind of horse arrives. A steam-powered iron horse, bringing fast, dependable, safe travel to the new frontier.

A train robbery is in progress. One bandit is off to the sides by some rocks. Another is at the front of the train holding out a hat and gesturing to three passengers and the engineer while yet another thief supervises a shaking conductor as he hands over the goods. A lawman is off to the side, ready to catch the crooks. If the train looks familiar, it should. It's one of the trains used in Disneyland's old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland.

BANDIT #1: Keep your hands up! This means you! This is called passin' the hat. (Laughs) Drop it in the hat. Drop it in the hat, Mister. Come on, come on.

BANDIT #2: Hold her steady, Grandpa! Or I'll blow your head off! (Fires gun) I said hold that box steady!

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To ride on the rail,
To deliver mail.
And go from New York to LA,
It's fun to be free!

Passing through another time portal, we wind up on Route 66, driving next to a SoCal surfer girl in a Ford Mustang as Rascall Flats's "Life Is A Highway" plays on her radio.

TOM MORROW JR.: In 1896, Henry Ford brings us a new wonder: a carriage without a horse. Yes, with the automobile, we thunder full speed into the 20th century!

Mobility is the byword of modern transportation. A way to move from here to there, for every need and every care. Now it's really fun to be free!

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To drive our sports cars,
Like big movie stars.
And play where you wanted to play,
It's fun to be free!

A line of vintage cars appear, accompanied by vintage film footage to depict the era that each car is from. The first car encountered belongs to a 1920s flapper girl and her boyfriend. We hear the melody of Charleston music playing for this car. The next car contains 1950s children, with their parents driving them to Disneyland. The next car is a 1980s station wagon carrying a Little League team. The car after that is a 2011 hybrid, powered by electricity. The cars then make a trip through a speed tunnel similar to the type used in If You Had Wings. The curved tunnel depicts 70mm film clips of things such as a toboggan run, white water rafting, and traveling through outer space. This then leads to images of the eye of a hurricane and then swirls of light and a kaleidoscope effect. The images then turn into a computer grid style reminiscent of TRON that is meant to depict "the future." The ride vehicles emerge into a new room depicting a futuristic city with blurs of light depicting traffic zooming down the streets past tall buildings while spaceships fly in the sky.

TOM MORROW, JR.: Yes, our world has indeed become a World of Motion. We have engineered marvels that take us swiftly over land and sea, through the air, and into space itself. And still bolder and better ideas are yet to come. Ideas that will fulfill our age old dream to be free, free in mind, free in spirit, free to follow the distant star of our ancestors to a brighter tomorrow.

As you can see, we're zooming towards the future, and now we invite you to join in the race. On your marks...get set...GO!

With that, our car speeds up to 65 mph as we zip through the famed "speed" portion of Test Track. The outdoor portion is covered with a tunnel similar to Space Mountain's Star Tunnel, complete with blue and green strobe lights. This represents a futuristic highway. After the run, we head back inside the building and the cars decrease to their usual 7 mph.

It's fun to free,
To be on the move.
To go anywhere,
With never a care.
To do all you wanted to do,
It's fun to be free!

TOM MORROW, JR.: Welcome back to the present, everyone! Did you all have fun? We at EPCOT Center and General Motors sure hope you did. Hope you don't mind, but just for safety, we gotta make sure none of you sneaky-Petes didn't bring anything from the past with you.

The former thermal imaging room contains a "Pepper's Ghost" effect that makes the car appear to have been scanned for any time-smuggling.

TOM MORROW JR.: Looks like you're all clear, folks. Again, we hope you all enjoyed your trip through the history of transportation. Now, we invite you to visit the TransCenter. Join us behind the scenes where we are working to ensure that tomorrow's world will continue to be a World of Motion.

FEMALE ANNOUNCER: Your vehicle doors will slide open automatically. Please collect your belongings and step out to your right. The moving platform is traveling at the same speed as your vehicle. Las puertas de su vehículo se deslice abrirá automáticamente. Por favor, recoja sus pertenencias y salir a su derecha. La plataforma móvil se desplaza a la misma velocidad que su vehículo.

The ride's post-show would be the same as the current Test Track, albeit with the new name of the TransCenter.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Nice job by @ScorpionX !

My goal is to have Wonders of Life done by tomorrow. And then I'm actually going to try Universe of Energy during the week. Seeing as Horizons and World of Motion were close to perfect for me, it was getting tough for me to decide because it would have been more of the same from me rather than a revamp.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
WONDERS OF LIFE REBORN - Part 1

I'm going to start with a brief history review of the pavilion...the early concepts, the opening day lineup, and the pavilion as it is today. Some reading music to go along with it. :)

In 1978, WED Enterprises promoted the idea for their Life and Health Pavilion at Epcot Center.
health-pavillion-model.jpg

A "celebration" of life, guests would walk into the midway themed hub and have the option of a variety of attractions:
db3ec290b7f710acad08347d71feb619.jpg

The Incredible Journey Within was originally designed as an omnimover through the inner workings of the human body. Guest vehicles would be themed to red blood cells as you travel the vasculature of the body. This concept became difficult for WED mostly due to that fact that they wanted large set pieces, such as an 30+ foot AA heart, but couldn't design it to beat throughout the day in a realistic style. This attraction would evolve into Body Wars

e765742c7074ce7be0129db7fc009750.jpg

Tooth Follies - Guests would venture inside the mouth for a closer look at the teeth, mouth, and gums.

Other attractions included:
Good Heath Habits - an animatronic show
A "Hands" on Exhibit
A Sensory Maze
The Head Trip - A goofy look inside the human brain - would eventually become Cranium Command
A Theater showing "The Joy of Life" - evolved into "The Making of Me"

As the technological restraints for the pavilion's showcase attraction, The Incredible Journey Within, became more apparent, Disney went a different route and purchased modified rediffusion flight simulators which would act as the "attraction." Instead of having large set-pieces, Disney could film the attraction and have the simulators move with the film. This technology is still around today at Star Tours.

With renewed purpose, The "Wonders of Life" Pavilion sponsored by Metropolitan Life was announced on June 17, 1987 and opened on October 19, 1989.
wonders+of+life4.jpg

Wonders+of+Life+Concept+Art+%281987%29.jpg

EyesandEars1989.jpg

Attractions included Body Wars

Cranium Command

As well as the theater based show "The Making of Me"
Fitness Fairgrounds
Sensory Funhouse
Goofy about Health and more.

In 2001 however, MetLife's sponsorship ended and the pavilion declined in popularity, becoming a "seasonal" pavilion in 2004 before its eventual closing on January 1, 2007.
epcot-wonders-of-life-pavilion-1-9.jpg

Today, the pavilion plays host as a "festival" pavilion for Epcot's Flower and Garden as well as Food and Wine Festivals. There are no plans for any future developments.

Until now! We will restore the "Health" related pavilion concept for Epcot and add new "life" to Future World East. :D Stay tuned for the new pavilion!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Life Pavilion
Presented by Siemens
20151220_044641-1-1_zpszz6kx6jj.jpg

The Life Pavilion will seek to instill the core values of the original Life and Health Pavilion as well as the Wonders of Life Pavilion, but present the concept in a new, fresh perspective. In order for this to happen, the current Wonders of Life dome will be gutted and demolished to flat land to make way for the future. With that, Celestial Soda Pop has been retired and a different theme and musical tone will replace it. For this pavilion, I wanted to go for a more upbeat and modern tone, and while it won't be this exact song, this type of instrumental style would be what I was envisioning for the background music of the pavilion.

The inspiration and design of the pavilion's architecture comes from a variety of sources. In order to blend into the Epcot Future World skyline, the building will be encased in glass much like the counterparts of Imagination! and The Land Pavilion in Future World West. This glass will have a purple, or "basophilic", tint to it rather than blue found in Future World West, as a representation of the "uniqueness" of the building among the other pavilions, as basophils (stained purple in a microscope slide) are among the most unique and rare cells in the body. Siemens was also chosen as a sponsor not only because of their history with Epcot (Spaceship Earth and Illuminations) but also because they actually develop a lot of the technology that is used by hospitals and research centers around the world.

(Sketch of The Life Pavilion interior)
20151220_045039-1_zpsfwsz9umq.jpg

As guests approach the building, they encounter a 20 ft tall statue of a detailed eukaryotic cell out front of the pavilion.
eukaryotic-cells.png

Underneath the statue, a quote reads:
"By the help of microscopes, there is nothing so small, as to escape our inquiry; hence there is a new visible world discovered to the understanding"
- Robert Hooke, 1665 discoverer of the first cell

As guests pan around the statue, past a small body of water, they are led to the two entrance doors to the pavilion. Once inside, they enter a five story atrium lobby that acts as the hub for the pavilion.
20151220_022729-1_zpsdfa5g5gm.jpg

The atrium is themed to the inside of a cell. As guests pass through the "lipid bilayer" (double sided doors) they are immersed in the world of the cell. Around the atrium on the walls you can see 360 degree LED screens showing CGI mRNA translating into proteins, and other cellular components around the cytoplasm. As you walk forward, you encounter several interactive elements acting as components of the cell:

- At "The Nucleus" - you can see how DNA is made through a 3D interactive show where you build DNA from the ground up.
- To the left of the nucleus acting as the "Mitochondria" is the interactive game "Operation" Here, you can navigate around the human body in this 3D simulation as you attempt to reconstruct the body's organs as the surgeon general.
- To the right of the nucleus acting as the "smooth endoplasmic reticulum" is "Health Habits" - an informative self-test showing the best diet for you based on height-weight ratios and how to stay in good shape!

Branching off of the entrance atrium, you can venture to several areas of interest to experience the showcase attractions of the pavilion. These include:

Antibody Wars - join the immune battle as you fight your way through the human body in an attempt to halt the spread of a deadly virus.
Anatomy of the Body - an omnimover ride that journeys back in time to the breakthroughs in science and medicine leading up to the current day.
The Pediatric Wing - experience several kid-friendly exhibits to learn about the human body, featuring a special show about digestion with The Magic School Bus!
DNA Cafe - a small eatery located next to Antibody Wars
Life Research Center - a medical research lab that studies immunology and looks for cures of diseases. Special tours (much like Behind the Seeds tours at Living with the Land) are provided on select days.

Antibody Wars
Antibody3.jpg

Queue/Pre-Show
Towards the back of the atrium you see the large entrance sign to the attraction. As you enter the queue area you see portraits of certain bacteria and immune B and T cells on the wall with the dates of discovery. You enter a research facility and are greeted by Dr. Buzzy from the laboratory, who explains that the MET had shut down years ago, however their shrinking technology has evolved and been patented. In order to better understand certain autoimmune diseases (where the body's immune system attacks healthy cells instead) the lab has utilized this shrinking technology to dive into the cellular levels to see these immune cells in action.

Today however, for the guests on the tour of the research lab, they will be traveling to experience how the influenza virus is terminated by the body's immune system. A relatively routine procedure, but something to be excited for as you get to see the battle inside the human body take place. You will begin by traveling through the oropharynx and to the site of the virus penetration. Once the virus has been removed, you will ride back out the way that you came.

Ride-System
Antibody Wars will use a next generation simulator technology. With all these updates of extinct attractions, Mission: SPACE will be replaced with another extinct space attraction, so the use of a simulator won't add to Epcot's simulator count. The system will be similar in a sense to Mission:SPACE, however there is much less G-force and the screens are much more clear and larger. There will be 4 people per compartment, with a total of 6 compartments per theater, and 4 theaters in total. With a 4 minute ride, you have an hourly capacity of 1200 guests per hour.

Attraction Ride-Through
Your vehicle is prepped for the shrinking process and is coated with a gel that simulated a red blood cell, so that the antibodies don't attack your ship thinking you are a foreign substance. Your vehicle shrinks and you go flying into the nose and come to a stop to marvel at your enlarged surroundings. You track the virus as it is in the patient's throat, and you travel down to get it. You see the macrophages of the body and the B and T lymphocytes going to town on the virus, engulfing it and destroying it. There are many viral substances though and you see the large battle unfold.
Immune_Cells_01_0.jpg

Suddenly though, your vehicle is smacked with a virus, and the red blood cell coat protecting you from an attack is removed. The immune cells turn directly towards you.

"Oh...we might have a problem" fears Dr. Buzzy. "Put on manual control now, get out of there!" You and your 3 other passengers now have manual control to zoom out away from the immune cell attack. But you're caught in saliva and are thrust down the esophagus and into the GI system. Your vehicle lands in the stomach and the low pH of the environment starts eroding your vehicle's exterior.

Dr. Buzzy states "You all have to find a way out of there. Try and enter a capillary, if we can get you there, you can ride the flow up into the veins. We can try to then find an afferent neuron to drive you back up to the brain at lightning fast speeds to escape the clutches of the immune response...it's our only hope."

Your vehicle flows down the stomach into the small intestine but you're about to escape through a sphincter and into a capillary as you are thrust up to the veins and ultimately to the lungs. As you continue your journey you reach the heart where you can see and feel the continuous beats of the heart as you are catapulted up the aorta and you are instructed to take a left to the spinal cord just before the immune cell grabs you
Blood+Cells.jpg

In the spinal cord, you are able to ride the neuronal firing straight up but you are going so fast you go directly into the brain. From the brain you dodge and duck from the action potentials all around you.
58945-neural-cell-electricity.jpg

You see a light to your right and its the ear! You find your escape route and fly out of the ear to safety where you are resized back to normal.

"Well." Dr. Buzzy says as he breathes a sign of relief "That was definitely a close one. Hopefully though you now have a better appreciation for how detailed and effective your bodies truly are. Thanks and come again soon!"

Anatomy of the Body
omnimover.preview.jpg

(More like anatomy of the omnimover;):p)

Your journey begins on a slow moving omnimover as you board in a classic Epcot style reminiscent of old attractions such as World of Motion or Spaceship Earth. You are about to embark on a journey through time to explore how medicine evolved into what it is today.

Scene 1 - Egypt 1600 B.C.
The first stop is in ancient Egypt where you see the Edwin Smith Surgical Papyrus. This is the oldest known surgical treatise on trauma. The Egyptians used to keep medical records of the things that they saw in regards to anatomy, and this treatise opens up to the first exploration of what would later be classified as the heart, liver, spleen, kidneys, hypothalamus, and bladder.

Scene 2 - Greece 480 BC
Many anatomical and medical terms derive from Greek roots. Alcmaeon, one of the earliest scientists, constructed a medical anatomy atlas from animal dissections, and classified nerves and tubes of the optic tract. You also see Hippocrates, famous for the Hippocratic Oath medical students recite, he was a founder of the musculoskeletal system and other organs such as the kidney and heart. In addition, Aristotle is seen discovering and founding "comparative anatomy" learning about animal dissections and relating them to humans. While these people were pioneers of their time, many of their discoveries would eventually be overturned, but that wouldn't happen for centuries

Scene 3 - Medieval Medicine late 1200s
Mondino de Luzzi is seen giving medical lectures at Bologna University (the first medical school)

Scene 4 - Medieval Medicine late 1400s
Leonardo da Vinci was famous for his anatomical drawings of the human form and can be seen illustrating his artworks in this scene. It is stated via narration that da Vinci was the first to depict cirrhorsis of the liver as well as arteriosclerosis through his anatomical drawings.
220px-Studies_of_the_Arm_showing_the_Movements_made_by_the_Biceps.jpg

Scene 5 - Vesalius 16th century
With the development of the printing press, it became easier for people like Andreas Vesalius to publish and contribute works to anatomy, where he and others discovered the relevancy of the circulatory system as well as the lymphatic system.

Scene 6 - Anatomy Theaters 16th century
170px-A_depiction_of_an_anatomical_theatre.jpeg

At the University of Padua, anatomy theaters became a popular spectacle as people would come to be educated on the intricacies of the human body. Your omnimover bypasses this theater in Italy as onlookers take notes and draw.

Scene 7 - Gray's Anatomy 19th century
220px-Gray%27s_Anatomy_20th_edition_%281918%29-_Title_page.png

You ride past Henry Gray at a desk surrounded by pictures of anatomy. Henry Gray became famous for his very detailed anatomical books of the human body systems. Initially published in 1858, it is well regarded as extremely influential to the medical and anatomy field. The latest Gray's Anatomy book was just recently updated and published as the 41st edition in Sept 2015.

Scene 8 - Modern Medicine
With the advancements in technology, we can now see the human body in many forms. A montage of 20th century advancements including MRIs, CT scans, endoscopes, etc are shown and we hint at new technologies in the 21st century such as robotics to shape the way surgery and ultimately the knowledge of human anatomy can evolve.

The Pediatric Wing
phoenix-childrens-hospital.jpg

Themed to a color children's hospital environment, the north wing of the building houses many interactive elements and shows for children and children at heart as we take a lighter and more fun look at the human body.

The Magic School Bus presents: What happens to the food we eat?
A spin on the classic episode looking at the digestive system, this show for children will teach them about the inner working of their GI systems.

Brain Games
Test your skills and see if you can figure out mind tricks designed to fool your brains! Optical illusions, sensory deceptions, and more are included.

DNA Cafe
rejuvenate%20servery%20copy.jpg

A small quick service restaurant serving all organic foods to keep you healthy!

Life Research Center
A fully-staffed research lab associated with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine in Orlando, FL specializing in the research of autoimmune diseases and how to protect the body against itself. Separate special tours are given on select days much like the Behind the Seeds tours.
58299165.jpg

Thank you so much for reading!:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom